A wooden baby walker is your child’s best friend when they are ready to learn the first steps. The wooden wagons might have a simpler look, but they make the best baby walkers. These are safe, comfortable, and ergonomically designed. If your baby does not have a wooden walker till now, you should really get your hands on one.
Before you buy a wooden baby walker, here are a few of the most important factors you should keep in mind:
- Stability– If you are buying a lightweight baby wooden walker, then go for a wider base. It will prevent the wagon from toppling. If the walker is heavier, then any model is fine. The aim here is not to end up buying a product that keeps tipping over.
- Safety Features– Safety features like smooth edges, sturdy build quality, proper alignments, and non-toxic build material are things that you should be looking for.
- Impressive Design– Babies don’t like dull things. Features like vibrant colors, hand-on activities, and the inclusion of a few toys will make it attractive to your little one. The size and structure of the walker play a significant role too.
We have tested numerous products ourselves and have comprised a list of the ten best wooden baby walkers. We evaluated each product on the parameters like build-quality, attractive quotient, safety features, and ease of use before coming up with this exclusive list.
If you are searching for a wooden infant walker for your baby, then check out this article. We have also stated the factors that you should consider before buying a baby walker towards the bottom of the write-up. Take a glance to have a clearer idea of what makes a baby walker better so that you can make the right choice.
Best Wooden Baby Walker 2020
Top Wooden Baby Walker: Reviews
It is a delightfully designed wooden walker in vibrant blue and green color scheme. It features three wooden alligator toys that make clacking sound as your baby pushes the walker. We think it to be the best wooden baby walker because it is a unique model from the house of Melissa & Doug. It comes at a reasonable price and is sure to amuse your baby.
The wheels are of large size and have rubber strips that prevent it from scratching the floor. Additionally, the wheels also offer enough traction so that it is easy and comfortable for small babies.
- Recommended for babies above 12 months of age
- The size of this wooden walker is 15 x 15 x 11.8 inches
- Paint on the walker is safe for babies
- Three wooden alligators make clacking and chomping sounds
- Made with good quality wood
- Precision and good finishing
- No skid wheels
- Improves observation skills
- Enhances hand and eye coordination in babies
- Wooden baby walker is from the trusted brand Melissa & Doug
- According to some parents, it tips backward when pulled
The classic wagon baby walker is a popular choice of American parents. It is a good quality classic cart style wooden push walker for babies above one year of age. The wheels have rubber coating, and there is a rubber bumper to shield your floor and furniture from scratches.
This is the best wooden baby walker for parents who worry about the stability of their child’s walker. You can fill the cart with your munchkin’s favorite toys and watch how happily your child walks it. The walker will give enough stability and control while your baby is learning to take his or her first steps.
- Wooden walker is for babies aged one year and above
- The size of this wooden walker is 2.44 x 14.57 x 17.13 inches
- Maximum weight capacity is 35 pounds
- Features big size resist push wheels
- Bumper in the front protects walls and furniture
- Sturdily build body is made of solid wood
- The side stakes are detachable
- Decent quality wooden baby walker is durable
- The infant walker does not tip over easily
- Steel handle gives a comfortable grip
- You can put your child’s favorite toys in the cart
- Gives babies more confidence and stability
- Some customers say that the paint chips off after much use
This product is best if you have a picky baby. The orange color walker is shaped in the model of a fox. The pretty design and unique features are sure to win your baby’s heart in no time.
The wooden baby walker comes with 35 colorful blocks. You can use it to put weight on the cart so that it remains stable while your baby pushes or pulls it. Or you can just give the blocks to your child to have a fun time.
Not only does this walker teaches your child to walk independently, but it also engages the baby in imaginative play and develops motor skills. If you are searching for the perfect gift for your little nephew or niece, this is one of the best options.
- Best for babies over 12 months of age
- Size is 14.4 x 13.2 x 10 inches
- The material is dutch wood
- Wheels have rubber coatings for smooth movement on the floor
- The wooden walker comes with 35 pieces of colorful blocks
- Blocks have different shapes and colors
- Cute fox cartoon style walker awakens baby’s curiosity
- The colorful blocks engage infants in fun and creative play
- Cart style walker will not topple
- Rubber coated wheels make no scratches on the floor
- Cost-effective product
- Takes a little while to put all the pieces together
When it comes to high quality and superior design, Hape has no match. The wonder walker from Hape has a cart wagon shape. This design ensures your baby’s safety as these do not tip over easily.
This product is one of the best wooden baby walkers, according to us, because it comes with five different activities. There are movable knobs, an abacus, and other toys that enhance motor skills.
It exhibits fine craftmanship and weighs a little over seven pounds. The wheels are big, with protective layers. You can easily assemble this wooden walker in about fifteen minutes and let your kiddo play with it.
- Suitable for babies whose age are more than 12 months
- Dimensions are 13.1 x 18.1 x 19.9 inches
- Five movable toys
- Cart walker has storage space
- Made with child-safe material and non-toxic paint
- Meets the American safety standards
- Has storage space
- Not likely to topple
- Does not damage the floor
- Develops hand-eye coordination and motor skills
- Costs slightly more
If you want your baby’s first steps to be laden with fun and joy, then bring home this cute walker. It has several fun activities like a fun maze, hand massage board, xylophone with two drum sticks, rear-view mirror, shape sorter, flip boards, and movable beads. Additionally, the package also comes with a few colorful fun shaped blocks.
With this walker, you will see your little one taking his first steps pretty soon. The walker is also useful in the sensory and cognitive development of babies.
- Suitable for infants who are 12 months or above
- The size of this product is 18.9 x 13.7 x 3.9 inches
- Features several fun activities
- Has rubber edges on wheels
- A few colorful wooden blocks come along with the package
- Top-quality craftsmanship
- Less likely to tip over
- Keeps the child amused and interested
- Gender-neutral green color
- Develops the motor and cognitive faculties of the baby
- The box lacks adequate instructions
- A few screws tend to turn loose
If you are looking out for a unique looking push walker, then you have just found your match. This wooden baby walker is best for your little builder. Your baby can un-hook the toys and engage in some hands-on activities, not walking behind it.
Let your baby practice his skills on the two balls that are in the front. There is a brake on the wheels that you can adjust depending on your child’s needs.
- The wooden baby walker is best for kids above 10 months old
- Size of the wooden walker is 17x 13 x 19.5 inches
- Four wooden toy tools—Hammer, wrench, screw and saw
- Comes along with a plush carpenter toy
- The resistance of the wheels can be adjusted
- Thin rubber strips on the wheels protect the floor
- Sturdy frame wooden walker has a smooth finishing
- Toy tools develop your infant’s coordination and motor skills
- Little storage space can hold baby’s favorite toys
- Plush carpenter toy looks cute
- Wheel resistance caters to baby’s learning
- Unique design
- The body of the walker is not colorful
This wooden walker is an ideal toy for making your little one’s first steps fun and memorable. The roll cart enables your child to push and pull, advancing his grasping and balancing techniques.
The push walker comes with thirty-three pieces of colorful blocks to promote coordination and problem-solving skills. The set-up also encourages imaginative play and develops their creativity, motor, and cognitive faculties.
Your child will be thrilled to see this vibrant cart with so many playing blocks. This product makes a pretty cool, gifting option as well.
- Suitable for babies who are above 1 year
- Toy cart size is 13.6 x 11.2 x 15.8 inches
- It contains 33 pieces of cut-out blocks
- Made of durable wood, rubber, and non-toxic paint.
- Space within to stow blocks and toys
- Features rubber trimmed wheels
- Included storage compartment
- Cost-effective product
- The paint on the wooden infant walker is non-toxic
- Enhances logical, cognitive and motor skills in babies
- A few blocks have sharp edges
It is an amazing walker for your new toddler to help him develop his walking and balancing skills. The well-equipped wobbler allows you to adapt to your child’s progress in walking. The special design of the handle, brakes, and the wheels helps your baby to move and play around safely with ease and confidence. This wooden baby walker is perfect for developing their hand-eye coordination, motor, and physical skills and building their senses.
Look wise, the cart is a little basic, but you can always add a few of your child’s favorite toys on the wagon to amp things up. It is safe for your baby as manufacturers used non-toxic material in its making.
- Best for babies above 9 months
- Size of the walker is 19 x 12.8 x 19 inches
- Adjustable handle and brakes
- Made from solid beech wood and rubber wheels
- vibrant paint with a glossy finish
- Safe for your child
- Adjustable handle keeps it relevant over time
- Non-skid wheels
- Plenty of storage space for small toys
- The baby walker is made with non-toxic material
- The handle is easy to grip
- Has a basic look
- Does not have additional toys for hands-on play
- This walker is lightweight and might tip backwards
This beautiful solid wood doggy walker cart is perfect for your infant, who is just about to take the first steps. Walking with this infant pushcart will give your baby the feeling of taking their pet for a walk.
The manufacturers have designed the walker with care. Two felt-up dog ears, a cute collar with bells, and a pretty set of painted adorable puppy eyes will make your baby fall in love with it instantly.
The storage space lets you fill it with their favorite toys. It improves their balance while pushing and pulling the cart. The bright colors and the bell add to their fun.
- Best for babies who are aged between 1 to 4 years
- Dimensions of the wooden walker are 19.2 x 12.7 x 17.9 inches
- The cart is made of solid wood for durability
- Has storage space within for baby’s favorite toys
- It is durable and sturdy
- Very cute design
- Encourages imaginative play
- Has storage space
- Bell sound soothes the baby
- A few screws do not fit well
- Assembling can take a bit time
This is the best gift for your toddler to develop their balance and limb coordination while learning to walk. The sturdy wooden frame and stable base will help them to push and pull the wooden baby walker with ease.
The package includes several blocks that will keep your baby entertained all day. These blocks help in improving motor skills and problem-solving capacity. They also weigh the walker down so that it does not tip back easily.
You can hand it over to your baby peacefully as the wooden baby walker is child-safe and is made of non-toxic materials.
- Walker is for infants above 12 months age
- Includes colorful block puzzles
- Made from solid wooden and durable paint
- Has storage for keep blocks and toys
- Non-toxic and eco-friendly
- Safe for children to use
- Enhances problem-solving skills
- Develops gross and fine motor skills in babies
- The cart has a gender-neutral green color
- Has block puzzles and storage facility
- The wheels come off easily
Things to Consider While Purchasing the Product
While purchasing a wooden baby walker, you cannot just pick up the product that pops up on your screen. It concerns your baby’s safety and development, and you must pay attention to the following factors before casting your choice.
1.Size of the Walker
Wooden walkers generally do not have height adjustments. So, it is essential that you pay close attention to the size of the walker while buying, especially if the height of the handle is not adjustable.
A walker with a size of 20x20x10 is fine for a baby of 10 months to 1 year age. If your choice of walker is slightly smaller or larger than the dimensions we recommended, then that should not be a problem. However, avoid buying a huge size product as it will not be convenient for your baby.
When you are choosing a wooden baby walker, you must ensure that it is stable and will not topple over easily. Your baby should be able to push or pull it with ease. It should not tip over. An excellent way to ensure this is by investing in a cart style walker, or one with a broad base. These models do not topple easily and give your child the confidence required while they are taking their first steps. Walkers of other styles are good too, provided they are not too lightweight.
3. Suitability According to Age
You must check the age requirement of the product before you give it to your child. Generally, most wooden baby walkers would require an age between nine months to one year. But do read the exact specifications before making the final purchase.
4. Safety Factor
Child safety is one of the prime reasons why wooden baby walkers are better than plastic ones. However, just because a product is made of wood does not guarantee 100% safety.
Avoid products with sharp edges, ones with a very narrow base, and small loose parts. Also, when you assemble the walker, make sure that the parts are not coming off. You will have to be extra careful here as it concerns the health of your precious one.
Look for speed adjusting feature in the product. This feature helps your child immensely during the first months of walking. Walkers that use non-toxic materials are way more preferable over the ones that don’t.
5. Build Quality
Buying a low-quality walker is a sure way to drill a hole in your own pocket. As they would break or chip away easily. We advise you to invest in a good quality wooden walker that will last throughout your child’s infancy and later on make a pretty showpiece in your living room.
Benefits of Buying a Wooden Baby Walker
One might wonder why to buy a wooden baby walker when there are so many plastic ones available in the market. Well, we are here with the five best reasons why you should buy a wooden baby walker:
- Wooden baby walkers are safer for your baby. They seldom have sharp edges, and if they do, you can easily trim it off using the simplest of household tools.
- Wood is a bad conductor of heat. Hence, even if you leave the walker outside for long, it will not heat up and cause red marks on your child’s hands.
- Wooden baby walkers are generally heavier, and so, the wheels offer more traction than that of plastic ones. Hence, they are easier and safer to handle for your baby.
- Most babies enjoy wooden toys more than plastic ones, as wood feels more natural.
- Wooden baby walkers are generally cost-effective and have unique designs to attract infants.
At the end of the day, you are the one who will know that is best for your child. But if you ask us, then we will say that the Melissa & Doug Chomp & Clack Alligator Push Toy is our favorite. It is a wooden baby walker with a unique mechanism. The color scheme, features, ease of use, and cost-effectiveness makes it the best in our view. We also love the Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon for its sturdy frame, classy design, adequate storage space, and safety features.
Comment below to let us know which wooden baby walker is your favorite. If you have any doubts or queries about any of the products in this article, write below, and we will be more than happy to be of help in clarifying them.