An 8-month-old baby is one of the most curious beings that you will ever behold. Your baby is perhaps the most unpredictable at this stage. The simplest of things might awaken a baby’s inquisitiveness, and even the best things might fail to gain his interest.
Choosing toys for your child can feel like being in a maze. Because an eight-month-old is very likely to get fixated on just a few things that he or she likes. It can be a tad bit confusing and overwhelming, especially to first-time parents. It is a very crucial time in your child’s life. At this point that your baby’s cognitive faculty is being shaped, and he has started crawling. So, it is immensely important to introduce your baby to multiple sensory and mental experiences via toys.
We are listing down a few points that you must keep in mind before buying toys for eight-month-old babies.
- Toys for All Round Development– As we have said, an eight-month-old child will have a few favorites. And letting a baby remain confined to experiencing only a few things isn’t good. So, at this point, you will have to pick some toys that offer other variety of experiences than your kid is already having.
- Interesting Toys– Although an eight-month-old shows a massive amount of curiosity, your baby might be as quick to dismiss something and go back to his favorite. So, buying toys that will interest your baby is another thing that you must consider.
- Safety– While buying toys for eight-month babies, you must always consider the safety factor. They have soft skin and a delicate immune system. So, selecting safe toys for your child is one of your prime responsibilities. Make sure that there are no rough edges, and the toys are made from non-toxic material.
Just follow the above points, and you will pick some of the best toys that are interesting, safe, and has developmental value. To help you further in your choice, we have listed 13 best toys that we think are the best for eight-month-old babies.
Top Toys for 8-month-old Baby 2020
Best Toys for 8 Month Old Baby: Reviews
At the age of eight months, your child will be curious regarding everything. This bumpy ball has a pretty unique texture that can grab your kid’s attention quickly and enhance tactile sensitivity. There are also two rattlers attached to that ball to entertain and engage your little one for long.
- Ball has several bumps with different textures
- Two rattlers to entertain babies
- Size of the ball is 5.5 x 7.5 x 8.9 inches
- Item weight is 3.52 ounces
- Promotes tactile sensitivity
- The slow-moving bumpy ball is suitable for eight-month olds
- The sizable ball is ideal for eight-month-old babies
- Colorful toy develops vision
- Some customers complained of the stitches being weak
Fisher-Price is one of the best brands in baby toy products. This toy set from fisher- price you keep your little angel busy for hours. The ring stack and the blocks develop the problem solving of your child and help in cognitive development. The primary color toy set is excellent for visual development and color recognition.
- The playset includes — a rock a stack set with 5 colorful rings, a stacking pole and a sorting block set with 10 blocks
- Box for storing the blocks
- Primary color toys develop the vision of babies
- Offers different grips and helps in hand-eye coordination
- Develops problem-solving skills
- Good for sight development in babies
- The rings do not have a storage box
VTech is a brand that designs excellent toys keeping in mind the several needs of growing infants. This particular truck toy is developmental for small kids. Your baby can drop balls inside the bucket and pull the truck to hear a rumbling sound. It also has several other sounds that enhance auditory skills. The truck be pulled by your child to exercise his motor skills.
- The package includes three colorful balls
- The truck makes rumbling noise as it moves
- It also has cute songs and tunes to entertain your baby
- Requires 2 AAA batteries for operation
- BPA free toy safe for children
- Two volume setting options
- Encourages babies to walk
- Enhances observation skill
- Sturdy and high-quality toy truck
- Safe for baby’s use
- No major cons
Your eight-month-old child is very likely to exercise his grip on anything that he or she finds near him. This squeeze blocks will make your child’s fingers and wrist stronger. You can also give an early lesson to your child on number-arrangements and color-recognition. Or your baby can simply play stacking game with this set. These blocks are also great nibblers.
- There are 10 blocks of different colors
- Made of soft plastic and easy to squeeze for the baby
- Squeaking noise interests babies
- Perfect for teething infants
- Helps in fine motor development, color recognition, and auditory skills
- Comes in a transparent bag for easy storage
- Has educational value
- Easily portable
- Great for development of gross and fine motor skills
- Draining the blocks after washing can be tiresome
The wiggling ball is an excellent way to encourage your eight-month baby to crawl. This vibrant colored ball crawls on its own, which gets your child to follow it. There are flashing light and animals that self-identifies when your child touches. It is packed with forty-five songs and tunes. This toy is also an excellent tool for babies to encourage early speaking. However, don’t worry, the ball wiggles and moves at a slow pace so that eight-month-olds can catch them.
- The ball operates on 3 AA batteries
- 6 interactive animal-shape buttons to promote play
- Spinning and twisting turtle toy on top
- Five color flashlight is attention-grabbing
- The interactive toy teaches animal sounds
- Encourages crawling by moving on its own
- Interesting and very engaging for babies
- Rolls smoothly only on a hard floor and might not roll smoothly on carpets
If you want your child’s introduction to education to be fun, then you can start with this book for babies by VTech. It is colorful, interactive, and has lights. Playing with this book early on in life will make the idea of education to be a welcome thing in your child’s mind when he joins preschool. This toy book has ample features to get your little one glued to it.
- Bright and colorful pictures
- 7 nursery rhymes in song and writing
- Rhymes automatically starts playing when a page is turned
- 3 cute light-up characters
- 4 movable toys for exercising motor skills
- Size of the book is 1.8 x 8 x 8.5 inches
- Requires 4 AAA batteries
- Educational and interactive toys
- Colorful pictures grab baby’s attention
- Suitable size and Lightweight book for 8 months old babies
- Requires 4 AAA batteries
- The book sings the rhymes only till halfway
This activity cube by VTech is a multisensory toy that has five sides to stimulate your baby. It is a perfect plaything that encourages your eight-month-old baby to discover and explore. The toy features light-up characters, movable toys, animal sounds, and musical baby songs. This cube can also be the support that helps your munchkin to stand up for the first time.
- Movable toys on the cube
- Light-up buttons
- rotating and spinning toys
- 25 special songs for kids
- Adjustable volume
- Operates on 2 AAA batteries
- The size of this cube is 2 x 6.2 x 6.5 inches
- Environmentally safe and made of BPA free plastic
- Encourages exploration
- Develops motor and cognitive abilities
- Supports babies to sit for longer
- The entertainment cube is not easily portable
Give a helping hand to your eight-month-old baby in the form of this table to stand up on feet. This musical table is a fun way for children to sit up and play on their own. It has about seventy songs that your kiddo would love to listen to. The table also can introduce your baby to the concepts of letters, shapes, numbers, and more.
- Educational toy can introduce your child to the concept of numbers, colors, and shapes
- Has 70 special songs for kids
- Interactive toy can play sounds and songs on the press of buttons
- Detachable table legs
- Spinning rattler toy makes it more enjoyable
- Dimension of this toy is 14.5x18x17.4 inches
- Takes less storage space
- Develops auditory and motor skills
- Has educational value
- The item weight is over 5 pounds, which makes it hard to carry along
Gear up your child’s early learning with this cool toy. Your eight-month-old child can also engage in pretend-playing when he or she is a little older. If your kid gets amused while seeing your drive, this is undoubtedly the best toy to buy. It has buttons that say the names of animals and cars. The little mirror, shifting gear, and the toy traffic lights are fun inclusions that will amuse your kiddo.
- Fun driving wheel toy has three modes— animal, driving, and music
- Shift gear and steering wheel are movable
- Encourages kids to engage in pretend playing
- The size of the product is 10.8 x 8.9 x 4.4 inches
- This toy operates on 2 AA batteries
- Bright attention-grabbing colors
- Develops gross and fine motor skill development
- Engages your child in interactive fun
- Multiple modes to choose from
- A bit pricey
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if your baby crawls and grows strong while having fun at the same time? If you are one with this thought, then you can bring home this toy. It operates on battery and moves in random patterns to encourage your child to crawl and follow it. Also, your baby can remove the rattling bee toy and play with it alone.
- The bee toy follows a random path once turned on
- Colorful lights help to get children’s attention
- Obstacle sensor prevents it from bumping into objects
- Detachable bee rattling toy
- Makes buzzing sound and energizing tunes to encourage your little one to follow it
- This bee toy requires 3 AA batteries
- Sooths, calms and cheers up babies
- Obstacle sensor prevents the toy from damage
- Encourages infants to crawl
- Music is mellow
- Does not hover smoothly on carpeted floors
Problem-solving skills aren’t easy to acquire. These skills make life easier and also sharpens the mind. So, if you want to give an early lesson of problem-solving to your eight-month-old kid, then you can buy this toy. All the blocks are made of primary colors. The toy set enhances the motor skills and the cognitive faculty of babies.
- Block toys enhance problem-solving skills
- Primary color blocks help in color recognition and visual skills
- Comes with a storage box for easy portability
- Made of safe to use plastic that is BPA free
- Easily stored and portable baby blocks
- Easy to grab by babies
- Arranging and sorting blocks is good for cognitive and motor skills enhancement
- Safe for children to use
- The shape sorting lid does not securely lock on the box
The musical table toy helps your baby to learn new things on several levels. It Makes silly noises, makes animal sounds, has ‘do-re-mi-fa’ piano keys, and also features a mini-musical guitar toy on it. The light and sounds feature offers your baby a multisensory experience and can capture his or her attention in a jiffy.
- The legs of this musical top are detachable
- Bain aid strap on the back attaches the musical tabletop on the baby’s cot
- Made of environmentally safe ABS plastic
- Features lights of multiple colors
- Requires 1.5V AA batteries
- The colorful musical table is great for sensory development
- Gives early musical lesson
- Enhances auditory skill
- Can be played with while sitting or lying on the tummy
- You might incur little problem while attaching the legs
It is the best musical toy that your baby can have. The toy is suitable for three developmental levels— lying, sitting, and crawling. This musical mat is ideal for kick and play. But it can also be a fun addition to your child’s tummy time. It has a smooth texture and is packed with educational and entertainment features.
- Soft musical mat has ties on the back to attach to baby cribs
- Plays songs, silly sounds and piano notes
- Multicolored LED lights
- Makes animal sounds
- Helps in shape recognition
- Runs on 3 AA batteries
- Size of the mat is15.8 x 1.4 x 10.6 inches
- Comes with batteries
- Soft material is soothing for babies
- Good selection of baby songs
- The buttons that activate sound are small. So, it can be a problem to hit the exact spot
We really hope that this article helped you pick one or more great toys for your eight-month-old baby. And also give some useful perspectives on how to choose the best toys for little kids.
Parents understand the needs of their babies the most. However, if you want our opinion on this matter, then we think that the VTech Wiggle and Crawl Ball, the VTech Rhyme and Discover Book, and the Skip Hop Explore & More Follow-me Bee are some of the best toys for eight-month-olds.
If you have already purchased any of the above toys, then do write to us about your child’s experience with it. Also, we would love to know about the favorite toy of your eight-month-old child, whether it is on this list or not. So, go right ahead and comment below as we love reading our reader’s comments.