Autism or ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) is a very common, however, complicated disorder. Mostly children, nowadays, are getting impacted by this serious disease. Autistic children face specific problems with learning. But, miraculously, they are gifted with various talents like music and art.
How to Toys help Autistic Children?
However, toys with educational features help to build them spontaneously. Here are some ways toys help them to live a normal life:
- Encourage your child: The right toys will encourage the children to do more active actions. Every child has their uniqueness to celebrate. Just like others, an autistic child deserves to live life to the fullest. Help them to achieve joy by indulging them with fun toys.
- Expand problem-solving ability: Doodling toys, puzzle games, blocks will expand their problem-solving knowledge. They will learn to use their imagination power while playing with toys. They will develop a social skill with time, by the use of innovative toys.
- Pick the right toy: The right type of toys will help to enhance the constructive ability of an autistic child. Several sensory toys can capture the attention of a child with ASD. Colorful toys with attractive pictures will make them busy with the toy for hours.
In this article, we have mentioned 10 best toys for Autistic Children for their all-round development. Let’s get into further details right away:
Best Toys for Autistic Kids 2020
Best Sensory Toys for Autistic Toddlers: Reviews
ASD children have a special knack for drawing. This Jasonwell Aqua Magic Doodle mat encourages them to develop their mental skills. It helps them to imagine. Also, this magic doodle provides the best learning education in a fun way.
Kids can fill the provided magic pen with water and then draw it on the mat. Moreover, the aqua mat is completely non-toxic, non-polluting. Kids can explore their creative sides with this beautiful toy set.
- It comes with four suction cups.
- Letter prints on the side.
- This toy is safe to use.
- It is also easy to clean.
- Educational toy.
- It also comes with magic pens, doodle cups, five design booklets, stamps, storage boxes, drawing template.
- It has to be filled with water to be used.
- The marker nibs are a bit weak
Learning alphabets has never been so easy with this just Smarty Electronic toy. It will let the child explore all the letters in a relaxed manner. The autistic children will be benefited from this toy. It will develop their learning ability. Also, the colorful images and designs on the chart keep them engaged for hours.
They can even learn numbers and words with this attractive wall chart. Other than that, ASD children are drawn to the music & riddles of this toy.
- Easily accessible on and off switch.
- It offers volume control.
- Alphabets, Lyric, and numbers are available.
- Get lyrics quiz.
- Batteries required to access.
- Repeat feature available.
- The product is a bit small in size.
- This product is not for very small kids.
Pack of child’s joy, this sensory toy is one of the best toys for Autistic Children. This flexible toy can be broken and bend down smoothly. It helps to grow their motor skills and mental power. This toy also makes a unique sound, which can develop their hearing senses.
- The toy is packed with six different colored tubes
- The toy is super stretchy
- It creates a funny sound when stretched and compressed
- This toy is safe to use
- Cool toys for calming down children
- Set of 6 multi-colored toys
- It is a multifunctional toy
- The tubes are non-toxic and odorless
- The body material is BPA free Plastic
- It is on the pricier side.
- A bit noisy.
This beautifully designed educational toy helps the children to understand various expressions, feelings, and moods. Kids will love to flip those colorful pages of the book and get aware of the different human emotions. Most importantly, this useful toy is useful for kids with autistic disorder. The pages have different mood characters like happy, angry, confused, worried, sad, disappointed, and bored.
- 20 moods of expression available
- The notebook is very durable
- The material quality of bok is very high
- Thick rings and support resistant
- Can be displayed in kitchen, bedrooms, classrooms
- very easy to clean
- It is not suitable for school.
- There are some misprints on the product.
This marvelous toy is an excellent gift for your special child. And it is suitable for all age types. It helps them to learn things with fun and enjoyable methods. It will help them to get rid of their stress.
- The toy is a package of liquid movement timer, DNA stress remover Ball, Marble Puzzle, Pull Bands and much more
- This sensory toy comes in 24 quantity
- The body material of this sensory toy is non-toxic, non-palatable and safe to use
- The size dimensions are 7.5 x 6.5 x 4.5 inch
- The toys are a bit fragile.
- The product quality is not that great.
This toy is a helpful learning tool that you can give to your children while they engage in a fun time by learning the number system and figuring out various shapes. This toy can also help 3-year-old kids to develop multiple cognitive abilities such as motor coordination, recognition of different colors, and improved creativity with sound imagination. There are also some wood puzzle games which comes with it
- Safe and environment-friendly
- Made of smoothed wood
- Nontoxic color material
- Small and compact toy parts
- Ten different geometric shapes
- 10 number figures
- The packaging is not great.
- Some parts are a bit wobbly.
This toy product comes with a variety of colored pieces that let your child in developing specific skills like logic and reasoning, effective coordination of their hands and feet, etc. The parts comprising this product can easily be cleaned and put inside a storage bag even if they remain scattered on the floor. Give your children a box of infinite possibilities and watch them learn.
- Nontoxic and safe material
- Lead-free and safe for skin colors
- Secure to hold 3D figures
- Interlocking shapes
- Comes with a unique storage bag pack
- The toys are a bit dull to play with.
- Some kids may have a hard time playing with it.
This product is a collection of picture cards which is helpful for children with autism for understanding and handling various social interactions in real life. This allows them to develop sound oral language skills. Moreover, these cards have picturized examples of different social scenarios and what response should be given in those moments.
This product has been made, keeping in mind the learning of children with special needs and other young children.
- Includes, variety of social topics
- Easy to understand pictures
- 90 different conversion cards
- Suitable for ages 5-11
- Some cards are not very good.
- The information and wording could be better.
This is an amazing toy product that comes with magnetized blocks of different colors. With the help of these blocks, your child can build different designs based on their own imagination and creativity. The magnetic force of the magnets which are built-in these blocks are quite sturdy, so any shape which is built from them doesn’t easily fall off. Moreover, these blocks can be stacked on top of one another effortlessly.
- Well built and colorful
- Nontoxic color and material of the blocks
- Powerful magnets are attached to it.
- Total weight is 1.8 pounds approximately
- Some kids may find this boring due to its traditional features.
- Be careful with the magnets.
This toy product comes with colored jumbo nuts and bolt figures, which is suitable for children from 3 to 5 years of age. Also, this toy helps your children to improve their manual dexterity besides other improvements like color recognition, the pairing of shapes, sorting similar shapes and figures. While they engage in their fun time with this toy, their concentration and attention will increase.
- Non Toxic materials.
- It is more significant in shape with the unlikelihood of being choking hazards.
- Polyethylene free colored shapes.
- Storage bag for keeping the parts in one place
- Durable besides being strong
- Not all pieces fit together well.
- It is a bit pricey product.
Things to Know Before Buying Toys for Autistic Children
Before you go shopping for your special child who is suffering Autism, you must know these fundamentals. Not every child has the same ability to understand things and play with a toy in a similar way. So when it comes to children with autism, special care in choosing their toys has to be taken. This involves a few below-discussed things:
1. Toys with cause and effect feature:
With these toys, teach your child how they can have an impact on what they do at the environment around them and people. These toys may involve vibration when pressed or tilted, show-up colored lights when some button is pressed, and more.
The reaction could be any depending upon what doesn’t bother them. Make sure your child is comfortable and doesn’t get irritated with the effect the toy will produce. These cause and effect toys will further help them get interactive when someone talks to them. And hence, they will grow up to be socially interactive and not into an introvert.
2. Child’s interest and age matters:
Make sure you know what your child might be interested in when it comes to buying toys. Since children with autism have a different level of ability (including their likes as per their age), you must watch out for their behavior to understand their interest in things.
This will ensure that they enjoy whatever you purchase for them and feel special and cared for. And hence, they will grow up to be closely attached to you and will share what impacts them in both good and bad ways. Moreover, your understanding of your child will improve for the better. They won’t feel alone in a crowd of people who feel different from them in any manner.
Toys play a vital role in enhancing their motor skills, mental development, problem-solving skills, and more. Various learning toys can build a better world for these “Differently Abled” children. Due to their problems of understanding things, lack of social, attention skills, playing can be hard for ASD Childs.
Children are an essential part of our family. They bring joy and happiness to us, and their presence in our house is quite a delightful experience. Simple things can make them happy and joyful. However, they are most delighted when they are given various toys and playful items.
These toys might be in the form of action figures or shapes of different comic characters. Although they do serve a purpose, however, when you give them something by which they can learn a lot of different things and skills, you can be sure that your gift was worth it.