At the age of five months, your baby will learn how to sit up on his own. Some kids are also likely to start crawling. Your baby’s back and other muscles are developing fast, and your child’s brain is no different. Hence as parents, you will have to be discreet and choose only the best toys for your little one.
A major portion of a baby’s time is devoted to toys. Hence, select toys that suit the growth and have a positive effect on your child’s development.
You are likely to flip through a myriad of options and be confused about what to buy for your five-month-old. Don’t worry. We have done the work for you. Just go through the points below and keep them in mind while choosing toys.
- Sturdy and safe to use- Your five-month-old baby is likely to make ample arm and leg movements. So, a toy which isn’t made of sturdy material will perhaps be damaged. Also, five-month olds are teething babies, and so all the toys you purchase should be made of non-toxic material.
- Size of the toy- A five-month-old baby will most probably be in the crib for the majority of the day. Surely your baby will want his or her favorite toy to accompany him or her everywhere. So, choose the size of the toy so that your baby can play with it in the crib.
- Interactive toys– Interactive Toys are better at giving the kids a multisensory experience and have a better developmental effect. Also, these toys tend to engage the babies easily and keep them interested for long.
We have sorted the best fifteen toys for five-month-old babies. We went painstakingly through innumerable customer reviews and sorted only the ones that we think are the best for the apple of your eye.
Top Toys for 5 month old Baby 2020
Toys for 5 month Babies: Reviews
The singing puppy toy in white is an all-round developmental toy for your five-month-old child. It sings, barks, moves and has a nose that flashes a light to attract your little one. This toy is superb for your baby’s motor skills, hand& eye coordination, and language development.
- Sing-along puppy plays music when pulled or pushed
- Green ring in the mouth has clanking toys
- The nose of the toy flashes light
- 1-2-3 buttons play sounds
- More than 60 songs are there
- Requires 2AAA batteries
- Tail and the ears are movable
- Motor skill development
- Multisensory toys
- Rattler toy
- Suitable size for 5-month-old babies
- Helps in color recognition
- The toy is lightweight and topples over easily
It is the best teether and the rattler toy for little babies. The toy has a unique shape that engages babies for long. The tubes are soft, and the center cube makes a soft rattling sound when moved to soothe your baby.
- Soft, maze-like tubes are connected to the cube in the center
- Ideal for being a baby teether
- The tubes are hollow
- The center cube makes a rattling noise
- Colorful toy improves baby’s vision
- BPA free plastic toy is safe to use
- Unique and interesting toy
- Non-toxic plastic
- Soothes the baby
- Encourages baby to play with both hands
- Baby toy is not suitable for boiling in water for sterilization
Help your child to explore more by giving these ten pcs of rattler and baby teether toys. Each toy is of different shape and is completely safe for babies. The toys will encourage your little one to think better — these help in laying an early foundation for your child’s cognitive development.
- The set contains 10 pieces of toys
- All the toys are safe for teething babies
- Toys make a rattling sound
- A few toys make sounds when pressed
- Made of BPA- free and Phthalate free plastic
- Easy to clean and store
- Different shape toys help baby with different grips
- Teether and rattler Toys
- Helps in critical thinking
- Promotion of hand-eye coordination
- Safe for babies
- Primary color toys (mostly) improves the baby’s vision
- No major cons
The makers of this playmat have taken care of all baby’s needs while making it. It is perfect for tummy time and has an engaging baby-safe mirror. It comes with an additional huggable soft toy that is ideal for five-month-olds. The rattling toys and the crinkle ears are added bonuses that your baby will be amused to play with.
- The size of this playmat is 36″ x 32.5″
- The foldable playmat is lightweight and portable
- Tummy time mat develops baby’s back muscles
- Features a baby-safe mirror
- Crinkles and has attached toys
- Easy to store and ideal while traveling
- The mirror keeps the baby calm during tummy time
- Added soft toy for more fun
- The mat is ideal for growing infants
- The mat is less fluffy
The floor mirror is ideal for five-month olds. It is the time when babies are discovering new things around them. So, viewing their own reflection in the mirror will add joy and mirth. You can also place this mirror in front of your little one during tummy time. The colorful toys on the mirror will keep your baby engaged.
- It is a true reflection mirror
- The size of the entire mirror is 9.5 x 9.5 inches
- Mirror dimension is 7.3 x 7.3 inches
- Peekaboo crinkly leaves
- Has a back stand
- Keeps baby engaged
- Helps in the discovery of self
- Toys and crinkly leaves keep baby interested
- Assists babies in getting through tummy times
- The back stand is not strong
The toy play bar is designed to augment the cognitive, auditory, and motor faculty of your baby. There are three modes to choose from. The bar lights-up and easily catches the interest of babies. This activity bar lets you choose your preferred language.
- The activity bar for babies have three modes— Animal, xylophone, colors
- Choose your preferred language from English, French, and Spanish
- The bar is activated on couching the color section or spinning the rattle drum in the center
- The back stand helps in escalating the height
- A great addition to baby’s tummy time
- Has lights and sounds
- Interactive toy is great for a baby’s cognitive development
- Helps in gross motor skill development
- The purple light bar has a red light underneath
Your five-month-old will be delighted to have this toy. This cute, huggable toy is great for tactile development. It has different textures that your baby can feel and learn. Also, there is a speaking bar in the tummy of the toy. You can easily hang it above your baby’s stroller or crib. It speaks, rattles, and crinkles to keep your child engaged for hours.
- The dimension of this moose toy is 11.5 x 5.3 x 2.8 inches
- Toy has a speaker in its tummy
- Plastic hoop on top for hanging the toy
- Clanking tail has several plastic rings
- The horns of the moose can act as a teether for babies
- Crinkly ears, knotted legs, and huggable soft body
- Soft and huggable toy
- Gives multisensory experience to the baby
- Keeps babies engaged for a long time
- The toy cannot be bucket washed. It is suitable only for dry wash
- No provision to change the battery of the sound system within the toy
Tummy time is certainly not the favorite time of the infants. Nonetheless, it is very important for physical development. So, let your five months old have fun on this water mat during tummy times. All you have to do is inflate the outer tube with air and fill the inner square with water. It will strengthen your child’s back and help in developing balance.
- Size if this water mat is 26″ x 20″ x 2.36″
- 0.3 PVC makes it leakproof
- Floating toys make your child’s tummy time fun
- Easily portable water mat takes very little storage space
- Helps in baby’s balance
- Leak-resistant mat
- Floating toys interests babies
- Sizable mat can be used by your child for many months
- Can take up much floor space if not deflated regularly
This vibrant yellow duck toy will put your little one in a god mode instantly. It dances, sings, blinks, walks, and flashes light. The yellow duck will enhance your child’s observation skills. Your baby will also be encouraged to crawl and follow the duck toy.
- Size of this duck is 8 x 5.4 x 4.3 inches
- The duck walks, sings, blinks, and dances
- 100% made of ABS plastic that is safe for children
- The duck has five buttons on the chest
- Plays 7 melodies
- Generates heartbeat sound
- Has flashlights to attract baby’s attention
- Requires 3 AA batteries to function
- Multisensory toy
- Great for auditory and observation development
- Can play melodies, blink and generate heartbeats
- Lightweight toy is suitable for five-month olds
- ABS plastic toy is safe for babies
- The wings of the duck light up
- Entertaining and entertaining will engage your baby’s interest
- The baby cannot start the toy on his own
This superb toy by VTech is great for tactile stimulation, language development, and other sensory enhancements. Your five month old can hug this soft cow toy as well. This cute little playmate introduces your little one to the concept of shapes, colors, letters, and numbers. The colorful buttons easily light-up on touching.
- Size is9.8 x 7 x 16.8 inches; weight is 12 ounces
- Animal cow toy is soft and huggable
- Toy has two volume settings
- Three light-up shapes are rotatable
- Features light-up buttons and have over 30 songs
- Works on 2 AAA batteries
- Multisensory toy
- Educational value
- Plush and huggable
- Colorful toy has light buttons
- Useful for baby cribs and strollers
- A few customers say that the music gets stuck after prolonged use
If you are having trouble with getting your cute baby to have some tummy time, then this is the best toy to buy. You can curl the snake toy up into a perfect ‘C’ position and seat your five-month-old child to give its back support. The repositionable and crinkling toys make it more attractive to babies.
- Soft snake toy has a mat in the center for tummy time
- Stacks into ‘C’ position to be your baby’s seater
- Crinkle toy in the tail
- 2 repositionable toys
- Size of this toy is 18 x 6 x 12 inches
- The soft toy makes tummy time easier
- Attached tummy time mat
- Lively color toy
- 1 crinkler and 2 repositionable toys interest the baby
- Not suitable for babies with weight on the higher side
Want to create the urge in your child to sit up on his own? Then you can bring home this educative musical table. It is a colorful toy that produces melodies on the press of several buttons. There are a few light-up bars that activate on touching. You can also detach the legs of the musical table and lay it flat on the floor.
- Features ‘Do re mi fa’ Piano keys
- The toy has a tab for animal sounds
- Features a mini-musical guitar
- Light up bars amuse you kid
- Detachable table legs
- the dimension of this table is 8.6 x 25.9 x 31 inches
- Features straps that can attach the musical tabletop to cribs
- Requires 1.5V AA batteries
- Develops baby’s motor skill
- Detachable legs make it portable
- Entertaining for five-month-old babies
- Interactive and educative toy
- Stickers on the toy can peel off with repeated use
Stimulate your baby’s tactile skills and help him to start crawling early with this cute hedgehog ball. The center of this ball has a rattling toy for your kid’s auditory gratification. It is a teether toy for babies with a rubberized outer surface that is safe for your munchkin.
- blue color hedgehog rolling ball
- Hollowed out ball has a rattling toy in the center
- The ball rolls at a slow pace so that your child can grab it
- Encourages babies to play with both hands
- BPA free toy is safe for babies
- Lightweight and safe
- Stimulates babies
- Encourages crawling
- Pocket-friendly price
- Rattling sound keeps babies calm and joyous
- The red crown of the toy is made of hard plastic
Amp up your little angel’s observation skill with this interactive turtle toy. It moves slowly, which gives your baby time to observe. Your child just needs to tap on top to get the toy moving. Each leg has a button that performs several activities. It is an educational toy that helps your baby to learn letters and numbers. It also makes adorable laughter sound to put your child in a happy mood.
- The dimensions of this turtle toy are 9.4 x 6.6 x 3.5 inches
- Soft-touch button on back activates the toy
- Generates laughter sound
- Made of shatterproof ABS plastic
- The toy has passed CPSC tests
- Educational toy teaches numbers and alphabets
- Features light-up buttons
- Slow pace toy
- Enhance baby’s observation
- Made of high-quality ABS plastic
- Safe toy for baby
- Has educational value
- Animal turtle toy is a little pricey
These baby blocks are the best teether toys that you can find in the market. These blocks have engravings on them that are great for tactile development. They are easily squeezable squeaking, which makes them great for your child’s bathing time. Made of 100% BPA free plastic, these toys are totally safe for your little one.
- The set contains 12 colored blocks
- Easily squeezable blocks have squeakers in them
- The blocks have numbers and other engravings for tactile development
- Fun way to teach numbers to your little one
- BPA free plastic is safe as teethers for babies
- Boil in water for cleaning
- Good toy set for motor skill enhancement
- Has educational value
- Safe teether toys for children
- Retains form and color after cleaning in boiling water
- The colors of the blocks are not vibrant
We hope you had a good time reading this article. We also hope that our perspective on how to buy the best toys for babies was of help. However, if you need our opinion on what we think to be the best toys for infants of five-month-old age, then here it is:
VTech Pull and Sing Puppy— This interactive toy will engage your munchkin easily. It improves the motor skills of your child and is the favorite toy of thousands of babies across America.
iPlay, iLearn 10pcs Baby Rattles Teether— The contains ten pieces of rattling and teether toys. There are so many varieties that your child will never be bored.
Lamaze Mortimer The Moose Toy— Soft toys are always the favorite of infants. It also features music, teether, and a crinkler to get your child hooked.
If you have already purchased any of the above toys, then let us know how your little one liked it. Also, if there are any other toys that you think would be good for a five-month-old, then comment below.