Babies are eager learners. They are amazed by the world around them and learn from their immediate surroundings. They learn from the toys that you hand them over. Hencetoys that are stimulating and offer a multisensory experience to your little one are the best for them. Infants have simple taste, and so, simple toys suit them the most. Needless to say, babies love playing with toys and rely on them majorly to have fun.
So, if you are thinking about what features you should be looking at while buying toys for your seven-month-old, then we are listing them down for you to peruse.
- Interactive toys– Several researches show that babies over six months of age prefer interactive toys. Toys that have buttons featuring lights and sounds will offer more fun and educational value to your child.
- Develops Motor Skill- Developing the motor skill of your seven-month-old child should be one of your first priorities. So, the toys that will encourage your little one to make limb movements and to crawl are better for your child.
- Toys That Grow with Your Baby– parents often look out for toys that are great budget buys. But instead, you should be selecting toys that your child can continue to play with for several months, if not years. This way, you will get your money’s worth, and your child can continue to enjoy his or her favorite toy(s) for longer.
Keeping these points in mind while buying toys will help you to select the ones that will be developmental for your baby in the physical, mental, and emotional realms. To cut down your work, we have listed 11 best toys that we thought were perfect for babies of seven months of age.
Best Toys for 7 Month Old 2020
Top Toys for 7-month-old Baby: Reviews
Seven-month-old babies will love playing with this bumpy ball that enhances their tactile sensitivity. It is basically a softball with chunky-sized bumps that have different textures. The ball is lightweight and easy for infants to hold. There are also two rattlers on this toy to stimulate your child’s auditory capabilities.
- The size of this ball is 5.5 x 7.5 x 8.9 inches
- The weight is 3.52 ounces
- Ball material is polyester, plastic, and foam
- Features two rattlers
- Colorful bumpy ball stimulates visual, tactile and auditory senses
- Promotes play with both hands
- Ball rolls slowly, which is perfect for infants
- Soft and lightweight ball is suitable for seven-month-olds
- Hard plastic rattlers are not suitable for teething
- Hard to clean
Add more fun to your baby’s playtime with this activity cube by VTech. It has five sides of multisensory learning toys. This colorful cube will bring glee to your child’s face every time you place it in front of him or her. It will also encourage your kiddo to sit up on his own for longer.
- Product dimensions are 6.2 x 6.2 x 6.5 inches
- 4 light-up buttons
- Introduction to animal names and sounds
- 14 interactive features
- 25 playful songs for babies with adjustable volume
- Children safe toy is made with BPA free plastic
- Requires 2 AAA batteries (included in the pack)
- Interactive and multisensory toy
- BPA free plastic
- Primary color cube develops baby’s vision
- Helps baby to sit up for longer
- Pocket-friendly price
- Does not topple easily
- No major con
Let your child have some fun with the colourful steering wheel toy. Babies who fancy watching their parents driving would especially love this toy. It is bright yellow in color with movable gear, a wing mirror, and a fun traffic signal. It is a toy with educational value that lets you choose between the three modes.
- Three modes— Animal, driving and musical
- Makes fun car sounds
- 60+ songs, phrases and melodies to entertain your child
- Item size is 8.9 x 10.8 x 4.3 inches
- Requires 2 AA batteries
- Interactive and educational toy
- Entertaining for babies
- Promotes imaginative play
- Car sounds bring this toy to life
- A bit complex for babies to use on their own. Parents might have to set the modes.
Playing with these stack-up blocks will improve your child’s gross and fine motor skills. The ten colorful blocks are hand sculpted with animal and number engravings on the sides. You can introduce your little one to the concepts of numbers and animals with these. These are squeezy, squeaky, and perfect block for little nibblers.
- Size of each block is 2.1 x 2.1 x 2.1 inch
- Colorful blocks are made of soft plastic
- Block toys are BPA free
- Each block has a squeaker in it
- Hand sculpted toys have educational value
- Comes is a transparent plastic bag for easy storage
- Great for motor skill development
- Promotes tactile sensitivity
- Blocks can be used as teethers
- Easy storage and portability
- The blocks can have a strong odor
This cute blue dinosaur toy is listed as one of amazon’s exclusive toys as thousands of babies across America love it. Just put the colourful balls on the back of the dino and enjoy the fun of watching ball popping in the air.
- This dinosaur toy comes with six colorful balls
- Balls roll through the dino’s back and pop in the air
- Eight silly tunes entertain your child
- 2 volume options
- Encourages babies to crawl and collect the balls
- Colorful balls and cute dino toy arrests baby’s attention
- Sounds in the toy develops auditory skills
- The toy is not very sturdy
Encourage your child to have fun while crawling. This ball toy runs on battery and wobbles on its own once it has been turned on. The animals on the ball are interactive buttons that teach kids about animals, colors, and shapes. The wobbly ball also has 45+ playful songs that your baby will be amused to hear.
- The size of the ball is 6.5 x 6.5 x 7 inches
- Weight is 1.43 pounds
- Rotating turtle toy on top
- Five interactive animal toy buttons
- Two volume control options
- Runs on 2 AA batteries
- Encourages baby to crawl
- Colorful and wobbly ball stimulates visual development in babies
- Teaches animal names and sounds
- The ball does not roll smoothly on carpeted floors
This is yet another interactive toy that is best for seven-month-old babies. Once you turn this toy on, it moves on a random path and makes a buzzing sound. The bee on top is a rattler that your kid can detach from the cloud toy. It develops observation skills and stimulates pre crawlers, beginner crawlers, and advanced crawlers to get more exercise by crawling.
- The dimensions of this toy are 5.5 x 5.5 x 4.1 inches
- Obstruction sensor to detect obstacle
- Detachable rattling bee toy
- Colorful lights
- Bee toy has rubberized coating
- Toy features buzzing sound
- Runs on 3 AA batteries
- Promotes observation
- Encourages crawling in pre crawlers, beginner crawler, and advanced crawler
- Obstacle sensor helps the toy to avoid accidents
- Bee toy rattles and is a suitable teether
- The product is not sturdy
- Obstacle sensor quality is not great
If you want your baby’s tummy time to be fun, then you can buy this activity bar. It lights up, plays sounds, and is a super fun toy for seven-month-old babies. The activity bar has a collapsible back stand. Your kiddo can also use this play bar while sitting up or lying on tummy.
- Activity bar dimensions are 5.85 x 12.8 x 9 in
- Activated on touching the blocks or spinning rattle drum
- Three interactive modes- colors, xylophone and animals
- Language switch enables content in Spanish, French or English
- Collapsible back stand
- Ideal for babies during tummy time
- Can be sued while sitting up
- Interactive and educational toy
- Three modes
- Content in three languages
- Back stand is not sturdy
- The light under the purple bar appears red in color
Does your baby react joyfully to music and sound? If so, then this musical table is perfect for your kiddo. It has lights, songs, animal sounds, and volume settings. You can use it as a table or remove the detachable legs and place it on the floor for some fun.
- Light-up toy bars at the center of the table
- Do Re Mi Fa piano toy keys
- Flippable tabs make animal sounds
- Made of non-toxic ABS plastic
- Toy size is 8.6 x 25.9 x 31 inches
- Requires 1.5V AA batteries
- BPA Free plastic
- Detachable legs
- Features lights and sounds for sensory development
- Baby can play for many months with this musical table
- Attaching and detaching the table legs is not smooth
If your seven-month-old seems to be distracted easily, then this turtle toy is a great one to augment his or her observation skills. It promotes imagination, shape recognition, and hand-eye coordination. It plays songs, teaches numbers and letters to infants. You can choose to listen to the contents either in English or Spanish. It will also make an exceptional gift option to give to your nephew or niece.
- Teaches 123 and ABC to little babies
- The animated turtle moves slowly to enhance observation
- Features lights and fun songs
- The size of this turtle toy is 9.4 x 6.6 x 3.5 inches
- Made with environmentally safe ABS plastic
- Works on 3 AA batteries
- Adjustable volume
- Enhances observation skill
- Great for beginner’s education
- Moves slowly to attract the child’s interest
- Interactive toy
- Safe for babies
- Drains batteries quickly
- The voice has an accent which might not be liked by all
It is a pretty toy table with six learning stations. Your seven-month-old baby can continue to use it for many months to come, as it is suitable for older babies too. The pretty pink color table will be loved by all babies, especially by little girls. The discovery table arouses a baby’s curiosity and keeps things fun.
- Toy table is suitable for babies between 6 to 36 months of age
- Detachable legs
- 6 learning panels
- Features colorful lights
- 13 playful melodies
- Works on 2AA batteries
- Interactive toy
- Improves motor skills
- Educative tabletop
- Can be used by babies up to three years old
- The table legs are not sturdy
Buying the best and the most suitable toys for babies is one of the primal duties of parents. We hope that our list of the best 11 toys for seven months old was of help to you. But if you haven’t yet made up your mind on which toy to buy, then some of our top picks are the VTech Busy Learners Activity Cube, VTech Wiggle & Crawl Ball, and the HOMOFY Baby Toys Musical Learning Table.
We are not saying that other toys on this list are not as great, but these three are the most interactive ones. They encourage babies to sit up or crawl and can be used by older babies too. However, you can take your own pick, depending on your child’s needs.
Let us know the toy you think will be best for seven-month-olds. Also, if you buy any toy from this list, don’t forget to comment below describing your baby’s experience.