Babies are known for their innocence and cuteness. They tend to seek attention when they are growing and struggle to keep themselves entertained. In the beginning, babies demonstrate advanced skills such as clapping hands, trying to stand or crawl, and many more. As they become proficient in utilizing their body to perform certain activities, they also tend to respond better to the toys that they think is right for their age.
A child is at an interesting stage when he is 9 months old. At this age, the baby must be crawling, tumbling around, and trying to do a variety of new things. Furthermore, this is the age when your baby tends to get playful. He is curious to explore things around him. To help him learn, recognize, and remember objects easily, you can use toys.
How to choose interactive Toys for a 9-Month-Old Baby?
When it comes to Toys, they can act as a bridge to reduce the gap between playing and developing a baby’s brain. For this phase, parents need to select interactive toys. Toys can be useful to your child in many ways. Below-discussed are a few of them:
It develops language and communication skills
Interactive toys help to develop and improve communication skills in children. They use fingers to point at interesting objects, touch them, and pay more attention if the toy produces any sound. Additionally, playing with interactive toys set the foundation for their vocabulary and communication skills.
It improves physical dexterity
Toys help to build strength, confidence, and balance. Playing engages the child’s fingers and body and exercises their fine and gross motor skills. It boosts their muscles.
It promotes cognitive development
Toys stimulate a child’s concentration and memory skills. They help them to imagine and learn. It also encourages the child to think clearly and allows them to solve problems creatively.
It comforts them
Many babies have a favorite soft toy that comforts them, and they get connected to such toys emotionally. Such soft toys comfort them and can be treated to refresh their mood during unhappy hours.
It is the responsibility of the parents to choose the right toy for their babies. Parents should try to look for something related to developmental growth. Here is a list of best toys for a 9-month old baby:
Best Toys for 9 month Toddlers 2020
Top Rated Toys for 9 month old Babies: Reviews
VTech Pull and Sing Puppy, which is the very first toy in our list, is a playful interactive toy. This toy activates music by pulling the puppy’s chord. Moreover, once it gets activated, the puppy’s legs start moving, and keys start swinging. It further produces musical sounds to keep the child engaged and get a reaction.
- Highly interactive and educational toy
- Promotes language development
- Musical sound grabs the child’s attention and keep them engaged
- Includes volume control and an automatic shut-off
- The string of the puppy is too short for a child to stand and pull it.
- Very flimsy
A frustration-free toy with the same size of rings helps in easy stacking. The Stacks of Circles promote learning by teaching about sorting, size, sequencing, and building. Moreover, the child can carry the rings and other pieces and play with them at ease.
- Chunky rings make them easy to grasp and strengthen fine motor skills.
- Colorful beads allow baby to connect the sound to sight
- Easy to carry
- The product’s dimensions are 4.2*4.2*8 inches.
- The quality of the plastic used is not good.
- Not water-tight
- The size is quite small.
This long-lasting toy includes 5 rings and 10 blocks in brilliant colors. These colorful blocks and rings can be further used by your 9 months old in many ways, including stacking, shaking, holding and grasping.
- Set includes 10 colorful blocks to sort, stack and drop
- Easy to clean
- Develops hand-eye coordination and dexterity
- Develops problem-solving skills
- Learning toy for 6 months-2 years old child
- The dye comes off the rings
- Not used as a bath time toy
This amazing Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker helps your child to learn walking naturally from baby steps to big steps. It is quite attractive, interactive, and ensures the safe and secure movement of the baby. Furthermore, this toy comes up with an attractive telephone handset that plays smooth music for kids. Your 9 months old would love playing with it all day long.
- Durable quality
- Easy to carry
- Two play mode including learning and entertainment
- Adjustable height
- Develops motor skills
- Helps babies learn walking naturally from baby steps to big steps
- Affordable price
- May sound too noisy
- Walker may appear way too fast, even with the slower setting.
- Brakes may not provide enough resistance
These soft-textured blocks have numbers and animal figures carved on them. It provides a fun learning experience to 9-month old babies. Furthermore, for easy storage, these building blocks come in a bag. Since they are colorful and in plenty, children love playing with them while they are on the floor.
- Includes 10 colorful and super soft toy blocks
- Allows pressing, grasping and stacking of blocks
- Learning becomes easy with these blocks.
- Improves hand-eye coordination and motor skills
- The bag is 100% reusable and environment-friendly.
- Too hard to squeeze
- Smells bad
Another toy best suited for 9-months old kids is this VTech Wiggle and Crawl Ball. This interactive ball wiggles and wobbles on its own to catch the attention of the little ones. It rolls well without any problem. Its dimensions are 6.5*6.5*7 inches.
- Features 45+ playful songs and cheerful phrases
- Interactive ball encourages little ones to chase after it
- Language Development- Informs about animals by pressing the dog, cat, and bear buttons
- Sensory Stimulation- Attracts kids’ attention through its colorful and flashing lights.
- Battery dies quickly
- The ball rolls only on the floor and not on carpets
This pull-back vehicle set by Melissa and Doug includes 4 soft vehicles: school bus, family car, fire truck, and police car. It is a soft pull-and-go vehicle set for babies and toddlers. It helps in the development of numerous skills that include sensory, fine motor, gross motor, creative, and communication.
- Includes 4 soft vehicles
- Easy to use
- Promotes multiple skill development
- Soft toys yet durable
- Works on hardwood and carpet as well
- Can be a good toy for older kids as well
- Loss of colors after wash
- Chemicals on product stink
This fun toy brings an adventure for your infant. After pressing down its yellow knob, brightly colored balls move through an air tunnel, pop up, roll down a slide, and this put-and-take adventure continues. Furthermore, it comes up with a ball popper base, output tube track, lower trough, and 5 bright colored balls.
- Repetitive motions engage toddlers
- Children groove and enjoy popping with 8 upbeat songs
- Provides a lot of auditory and visual stimulation
- Good for 9 months to 3 years old child
- Eats up batteries rapidly
- Too loud for children as it has no volume control option
This musical table is full of exciting features to encourage learning in toddlers. It has colorful instruments and shapes to activate a variety of learning modes. Furthermore, it introduces numbers, letters, shapes, and different sounds to babies.
- Its legs are removable, so babies can play with it on the ground.
- Help kids to strengthen their leg muscles
- Suitable for both boys and girls
- Less sturdy, i.e., it breaks easily
- It comes with only one learning page for the children to read.
These playing toys introduce your baby to animals, shapes, and colors. It rewards your child’s exploration and discovery with this hands-on activity toy. Moreover, the toy is designed to make your child learn easily and hence works as an educational toy too.
- Portable toy with five levels that are to be pressed to pop up animals
- Improves motor skills of your little ones by allowing twisting, turning, and pressing the levers
- Helps to discover and learn about animals
- Kids-friendly design
- Lacks smooth functioning
- Buttons are way too hard to be turned on by 9-month old.
- A bit expensive.
Available in purple color, the VTech Busy Learners Activity Cube is a toy that will allow your baby to explore new adventures. Furthermore, this toy has about five sides of play. This is what encourages the kids to discover and explore more new things.
- It has motion sensors that can activate new sounds when the cube is moving.
- It has over 25 playful songs that keep the kids entertained all the time.
- BPA-free product.
- Plays only in the English language
- Ladybug doesn’t make any sound, moves in the back and forth direction.
- Dimensions of the product.
The adorable product will help your baby in crawling as well as boost your baby’s popping action. The best part of using this product is that it fills the belly with exciting and ball-popping activities. Available in six different colors, it can keep your baby engaged all the time when he or she plays with the product.
- Holding and dropping balls will help in strengthening the excellent motor skills of the babies.
- Balls getting stuck in the middle for a few times and never coming out unless you are pushing it harder.
- Expensive and comes in limited diameters.
All the five sides of the cube are fun to play with for your babies. They can explore about seven different fun activities. Furthermore, a couple of electronic panels can introduce those to different colors, numbers, and many more. And hence, a child, who is a mere 9 months old, loves to play with this toy.
- It can help babies developing excellent motor skills.
- This toy helps them to encourage hand-eye coordination.
- It can help them in exploring all sorts of fun activities.
- It weighs more than five pounds, which might not be appropriate for the kids.
- No replacement parts are available in the market.
Using this product, babies will discover a lot of things and activities that will boost their entertainment level to a significant extent. Apart from that, they can listen to the sounds of animals. Furthermore, they can press buttons to learn about different shapes in English and Spanish.
- It can help them learn about different shapes in English and Spanish.
- This toy will help the babies to switch up their fun learning elements.
- They will become smart with the sounds and songs that they hear to.
- Expensive to buy
- Sometimes the light is not turned on.
This 5-tier ball ramp has many things that can help the babies learn a lot of things within a short duration of time. Furthermore, they can start playing this toy by merely putting the balls on the holes. Afterward, they can watch them sliding and rolling down the toy and enjoy it.
- It can help the babies in developing their hand-eye coordination.
- This toy can help children develop their guessing power.
- It can help them in boosting their fun elements.
- Sometimes the balls don’t drop off or get stuck.
- If broken, it cannot be fixed.
Of course, toys are filled with fun and adventures. But it is the sole responsibility of the parents to look after the safety of their children. Moreover, they should follow a few rules to ensure safety:
- Avoid toys with strings or chords more than 12 inches long.
- Children usually put toys in their mouth to feel the texture or chew. You should keep an eye on them as it may lead to choking.
- Don’t allow toys to play with sharp objects. It could be dangerous for them.
It is a fact that children can learn a lot from playing. And the best toys are those that grow with the baby. Most of the toys in this list can be played by the children even after they grow over a year old. The toys mentioned in the list not only entertain your baby but also help them to learn entertainingly. Furthermore, all these toys help the babies in enhancing their memory power, hand-eye coordination, and fun elements.