Finding a toy for a 10-month-old baby is not easy. They have a strong sense of likes and dislikes; they are always curious and eager to discover everything around them.
This is the age when they learn their first words and eventually take their first steps. So, this is a crucial time for both you and your little one.
It is said that kids learn through play. And getting a toy that is appropriate for their age will help them grow their basic developmental, emotional, and social skills.
Toys can make them learn about language, numbers, colors, shapes, and sizes from a very early age. Above all, a toy should be fun to play with. So, your little one can stay busy while you can run your daily chores.
In this article, we will provide a list of 12 playful and interactive toys that will catch the eyes of a 12-year-old and encourage your child to explore and achieve new skills.
But before you find a toy for your sweetie, here are the few things to keep in mind.
- A toy with multi-senses: toys that come with flashy lights, bright colors, toys that plays music grabs the attention of a child. The bright colors help to develop their vision and eye-sight. Different textures, size, and shapes play with their mind, and they start developing fine motor skills.
- Toys with educational value: Toys that encourage them to use their mind helps them grow their cognitive skills. They learn about cause and effect relations and slowing build problem-solving skills. Some toys come with numbers, letters, names of animals, and objects. They are great tools to start learning basic things from a very early age.
- Toys should be safe: Toys should be fun to play with, but it should be safe at any cost. Toys that have smalls parts can cause choking hazards. So, try to avoid them. Look for non-toxic toys that are safe for your baby in their teething times.
Top Toys for 10-Month-old Baby 2020
Toys for 10-Month-old Baby: Reviews
Fisher-Price block Rock-a-stack and Blocks bundle is one of the best gift choices for a 10-year-old baby. It comes with a bucket and 10 blocks of different shapes. Your baby will have loads of fun in sorting out the shapes and putting them into their places. It also comes with a stack rack and 5 colorful rings.
- Fun to play with
- Helps to develop problem-solving skills
- Sorting out blocks and rings gives an idea of shapes
- Knowledge about color perception
- Improves hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- The lid doesn’t stay closed
This Turn and Learn toy from VTech comes with endless entertainment. It has a rotating steering wheel that moves a cute dog back and forth. Your little one can change gears, honk the horn and learn about traffic lights. It also has 5 buttons that play sounds of different animals and vehicles.
- One playset with 3 different modes- driving mode, animal mode and music
- Know about 5 different animals and vehicle sound
- 60 plus songs, melodies, and learning phrases
- Improves gross motor skills
- Best gift for a 6 month to 2-year-old baby
- A bit noisy. Not the best gift for a quiet child
This bumpy ball is crafted keeping a 10-month-old in mind. The ball has chunky bumps made up of different materials and textures that trigger the baby’s tactile senses. There are two rattling bumps that will always grab your baby’s attention. When they reach, grasp, and lift the ball, it strengthens their limbs and bones.
- Improves gross motor skills
- Promotes body movements- limbs and torso
- Encourages the baby to sit on its own
- The bright patterns and colors
- Rattling sound deepens their auditory senses
- Made of soft foam and washable
- Portable toy
- Plastic fibers may come out
- Prone to wear and tear
This ball popper from Playskool will keep your child busy for hours. They have to push a smiley face button to push the balls down into a spiral track. As the ball hits bottom, it pops out from the top, and the pay continues. You will hear your baby giggling as he plays with the toy. The best part is, it exercise your child’s fine and gross motor skills. And slowly they start to learn about cause and effect relations.
- Includes 8 playful songs, sound effects, and 5 colorful balls
- Develops fine and gross motor skills
- Develops color perception
- 100 recyclable product
- No battery required
- It has only 2 volume control buttons. And it’s too loud sometimes
- Not portable
This simple stack up toy cup can be played in so many ways. Kids can enjoy stacking them up, fitting them together, or turn them upside down and hide things. These colorful cups have unique shaped holes for water play. They can fill up the cups and watch the flow of water trickling down.
- Have numbers written below the cups
- Practice numbers, counting and memorizing
- Encourages a child to think, observe and create
- Develops fine and gross motor skills
- It’s free of lead and phthalates
- Inexpensive toy
- No major cons
Is your baby fond of music? Then this little xylophone would make him or her super happy. The rainbow color toy xylophone looks cute and attractive. Babies can play it just by tapping the keys with the mallet. As he gets older, he can follow the color guide and perform a real song.
- There are wheels attracted to the xylophone. So, your baby can move around with it
- The mallet is attached to the xylophone, so it never gets lost
- Grabbing the mallet and tapping on the keys helps them improve their hand-eye coordination
- When they play music on their own, it works as positive reinforcement
- The string is a bit short
- Notes are not very clear
TOMY Toomies Hide & Squeak Eggs awakens a baby’s curious mind. The toy set comes with 6 colorful eggs that crack open into 6 colorful chicks that squeak. Each egg has a different shaped base inside the box. Your 10-month-old will get to learn about size, color, shapes as they grow big.
- 6 different face expressions for 6 eggs
- They can match the colors of the shells to the chicks and learn about colors
- Introduce the concept of color, shapes, and emotions
- Enhances fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Secure grip for small hands
- The latch on the front can be too tight to open for a 10-year-old
- It doesn’t sound like the actual chirping of a chick
This Wiggling and Crawling toy will encourage your baby to crawl and chase after it. The ball has flashy lights; it plays music and interacts with your child. It has 6 different animals as buttons. They can talk, twist, turn, and slide. This toy will become your kid’s favorite time pass.
- 6 interactive animals give knowledge about animals, numbers, and colors
- 45 lively songs and phrases
- Supports a child’s physical growth
- Bright colors grab the baby’s attention
- Spinning, twisting, and sliding fine-tunes finger movements
- It’s not a ball that can be rolled and clicked
- It’s quite heavy to lift for a 10-month-old
Cars! Kids love them. These 4 soft car toys from Melissa & Doug will win the heart of your 10-month-old. The set includes a school bus, a fire truck, a family car, and a police van. They need little pulling back, and when released, the cars go flinging across the floor. It will be fun to play will as they learn about the characters and develop their physical, social, and cognitive skills.
- The rev-up mechanism makes the cars easier to pull and realize
- Made of soft kids friendly material
- Comes in attractive colors
- Wheels are removable, and the cars are washable
- Improves motor skills, hand-eye corporation
- Helps in imaginary play and conditioned learning
- Soft but hold their shape even after washing
- The cars cannot move on carpets
Is your child showing the early signs of a musician? Then get him or her a Magic Touch Piano. It’s made of wood, and it has rainbow-colored touch-sensitive keys. It comes with 4 music sheets with a guide that your 10 year old can follow and easily make their masterpiece. The best with this toy is you too can join them in their play.
- Comes with 4 sheets of music
- 2 modes- play or create your won
- 2 volume control options
- No hard keys to press
- Made of kid’s safe materials
- Develops sensory organs, hand-eye coordination, social skills, motor skills, etc
- The red color in the guide books is very close to orange. It can confuse a kid
This pop-up activity toy will motivate your baby to explore new skills. It has a lever to slide, a beeper, a key, and 2 switches that flip. As your baby does the corresponding action, a cute animal pops up from the top. The baby gets to practice his/her motor skills as they playfully and learn about new animals, numbers, and colors.
- Have numbers written on each animal
- Pop-up hand activity toy keeps a child busy for hours
- Rewards their exploration with cute animals
- Introduce the concept of cause and effect
- Practice fine and gross motor skills
- Suitable for 10 months and above
- The colors shown in the picture may vary with the actual product
This activity cube comes with six types of fun playing plus high educational values. There are 75 pre lorded music, phrases, and sounds that will keep your 10 years old entertained for hours. Your baby will start learning about animals, objects, colors, and numbers from a very early age.
- The musical playbook plays nursery rhymes
- Light-up keys introduce animals, numbers, and colors
- Twisting, turning and flipping actions develops motor skills
- Shape sorting develops hand-eye coordination
- An ideal toy for ages 9 months up to 3 years
- It’s very lightweight. It moves too much as the baby moves
- Expensive toy
So, did you find the perfect toy for your 10-month-old? If not then here are three suggestions-
Fisher-Price Rock-a-stack and Baby’s First Blocks Bundle is our most favorite toy on the list. It will encourage your baby to solve a problem from a very early age. Not only that, it will give them an idea of shapes, sizes, and colors. It’s loved by parents. It has excellent ratings on Amazon.
You can also choose the VTech Turn and Learn Driver. It’s a bit expensive, but it’s super fun to play with. It can play songs, can mimic vehicle sounds and recite phrases.
And if you want something on the affordable side, choose the Sassy Developmental Bumpy Ball. Your baby will be amazed by the ratting sound. It will also develop their tactile senses. It will also motivate them to sit on their back and play.