Choosing toys for three-month-old babies is the easiest and the toughest job for an adult. It is because little babies rely on their instincts to like, hate, or be indifferent to toys that their parents buy them.
Toys come in a multitude of shapes, sizes, and colors. So, there is a good chance that you might be confused while selecting, especially if you are first-time parents.
So, before you proceed to buy random toys to experiment on your child, here is a small guide to follow. We are sure it will decrease your hassle and cut the confusion:
- Bright colors- As a rule of thumb, little babies are attracted to vibrant colors. For a three-month-old kid, it is better to get a toy that has bright colors. The more colors a toy has, the better.
- Sensory Growth– Buying toys that develop the senses of your munchkin and are fun to play at the same time is the best way to go. Search for toys that have interesting textures, sounds, and unique shapes.
- Child Safety– This is the most important thing to keep in mind while buying toys for babies. All toys should be BPA free, phthalate-free, and lead-free. Also, avoid buying toys with sharp edges.
- Duration of Usefulness- Newborns grow very fast, so if you are buying a gym or a walker for your baby, try to find one that your baby can use for a couple of months more. That way, you will have your money’s worth.
Here are 22 best toys for 3-month-old babies
Top Toys 3-Month-Old Babies 2020
Best Toys for 3-Month-Old Babies
This play gym is very skillfully designed for the apple of your eye. It helps your child to get engaged in all the three stages of play activity while growing. This gym also entertains your baby and sharpens its brain with colorful toys and music.
- It comes with more than 20 developmental activities
- Plenty of colorful toys to play with
- Soft and supportive seat to sit upright and play
- Item size is 27 x 4.1 x 18.5 inches
- It can be easily folded flat for convenient storage and portability
- Have pillows, loops for toys, safe mirror, teether, rattling toy, etc.
This 5-in-1 ball play gym engages by attracting its curiosity instantly. It helps to improve the physical, motor, and cognitive skills of your child. You can use it as a mat or a baby gym as the walls are collapsible.
- This mat can be folded to create a makeshift gym
- It comes with twelve toys that can be hanged from the bars
- Ball pit gym provides thirty-five balls and a ball drop canopy
- It plays 20 minutes of music with lights
- Machine washable
- You can fold it easily and carry in the cute little case that comes along
The musical kick and play piano gym are specially designed to enhance your child’s brain development and physical skills. It helps your baby to explore different sounds and develops motor skills. The toys attached to it keeps your child entertained for a long time.
- It has five light-up keys
- comes with a soft and thick mat with loops to attach toys
- The gym provides five repositionable toys
- Four fun activities
- Detachable piano bar
- Machine washable
Sit-me-up floor seat lets your baby learn to sit upright and interact with the surroundings. It keeps your infant engaged with toys. Your child will be secured, snug, and comfortable in this baby seat.
- Sturdy base to support your infant to sit comfortably
- Soft and comfortable seat with openings for baby legs
- Two detachable toys on the handle
- Item size is 4.63 x 21 x 15.63 inches
- Colorful, frog-themed seat
- Machine washable
- It can be easily folded flat for storage
- Easily portable
A three-month-old baby can hardly sit up straight. This circus-theme rocking chair provides good support to the back of your baby while it is sitting. This rocking chair has a fold-out kickstand to secure the position of the chair whenever needed. Your child will be safe on this chair with its three-ways securing strap.
- Suitable for babies up to 40 pounds
- Circus themed cover is removable and washable
- Two reclining positions
- Removable toy bar
- Vibrations for soothing the baby
- Three-way strap secures your child
Rattling sound puts babies in a good mood. This set of 10 rattlers are fun to play with. These are non-toxic, and so your child can put them into his mouth during the teething months. The toy inspires hand movements, improves motor skills, and develops imagination. It is also great for tactile sensitivity.
- Ten colorful toys in different shapes
- Few toys have sound playing features
- Your child can chew, shake, rattle, grab and spin these toys
- Non-toxic toys
- Develops motor skills
It is a three-stage developmental toy that helps your child observe, crawl, and follow. For a three-month-old baby, this toy will be a visual delight that inspires him to start crawling. The toy has colorful lights and follows a random path to amuse the child. It plays energetic music and buzzing sound when it is active.
- Obstacle sensor
- Plays music and buzzing sound
- The bee is detachable from the cloud
- Bee acts as a rattling toy once removed
- There are colorful lights on the toy
- It requires 3 AA batteries
Your newborn will have fantastic tummy time with this bear-themed mat with a snuggly toy. It has a mirror, two toys, and a pillow to lift the head above the body. The mat is comfortable, and its accessories will keep your munchkin entertained while he is having some belly time.
- The size of this prob-and-play mat is 36″ x 32.5.”
- Toys on either side
- There is a mirror attached to increase the baby’s curiosity
- Prop pillow provides additional support
- A small bear soft toy comes along with the package
If your 3-month-old laughs at the sight of Donald duck, then you can buy your baby this dancing duck toy. This duck is an entertaining plaything that sings, dances, and swings to keep your child happy. It is also great for sensory development of your baby.
- This dancing duck has five buttons and plays seven music
- The singing sound comes out from its pouch
- Tapping the button on the head makes this toy duck dance
- It can blink, swing, throw flashlight and produce heartbeat sounds
- You can control the volume
- Requires 3 AA batteries to operate
- Made from ABS plastic
These colorful books are specially designed for very little babies. They are made of safe fabrics and contain only pictures with names for visual gratification. The set contains a total of six books. The pages are crinkly for the sensory development of your child. The six books are on animals, fruits, vehicles, sea world, vegetable, and numbers. This set will start the very early learning of your baby. Begin the process of object recognition of your child with these soft crinkly books.
- Crinkly pages
- Soft, non-allergic fabric
- Very colorful
- Comes in a set of six
- Stitching is strong
Most kids aren’t a great fan of tummy time. But they will love to enjoy it when you buy this inflatable water mat for your little one. Once you have blown up the outer rim with air, just fill the inner rectangle with tap water. It gets the animals inside it floating, which will quickly arrest the attention of your child.
- A bright blue color palette
- Floating animals
- Strong PVC
- Leakage proof design
- Helps in strengthening shoulder and neck muscle
- Kids have fun on this water mat
Newborns have a special need to stay warm. These onesies have cute raccoon motifs in adorable colors. This set of sleep and playsuits will give your baby comfort and keep him warm year-round.
- Made of fleece material
- Racoon motifs on the suits
- Zipper runs from the neck to ankle
- Footed suits make putting on shoes easier
- The onesies have ribbed neckline and cuffs
- You can give it for a machine wash
It is a classic fish toy that all babies would love. This toy is colorful, soft, vibrant, and squeaky. This orange fish soft toy also has a mirror in one of its scales. It is a textured toy that will encourage the tactile exploration of your child.
- Very colorful
- Good size
- The tail squeaks
- The fish can be hung on the wall
All babies are astonished by the peek-a-boo game. Why not introduce an educational note to it? Buy this peek-a-boo toy book for your munchkin and read it to him or her. There are questions with the answers hidden under the fold for your baby to find out.
- Contains six colorful pages
- Made of soft fabric
- Peek-a-boo flaps
- Lap friendly size
- You can put it for a bucket wash
- No sharp edges will hurt your baby
Doctors advise that small babies should be looking into the mirror from a very young age. Now, three-month-old babies might not identify themselves with the image in the mirror, but an early initiation always helps. Besides, babies have a good time looking at babyfaces. With this true reflection floor-mirror, your baby can laugh, smile, and make limb movements while observing himself.
- True reflection mirror shows your child the true image of himself or herself
- Two toys are attached diagonally
- Peek-a-boo leaf to play with
- Back stand supports the mirror on the floor
- Size of the product is 9.5×9.5 inches
This toy set is the best for very young babies who are just learning to pick up objects. The stack of rings and different sized blocks are excellent toys to give the knowledge of different shapes and sizes early on in life. Plus, your baby can also have some fun by simply gripping or moving them, which is a good motor exercise for your child.
- The toy set contains five concentric rings with a pole
- It has a shape sorting game with ten blocks
- The blocks come in a box for easy storage
- Great game for enhancing hand-eye coordination and problem-solving skill
Can a list of the best gift for three-month-old babies be complete without a soft toy on it? But this one is a snuggly toy moose with a few twists. There are knotted legs and crinkly ears that let the tactile exploration of your child increase. There are also a pair of plastic textured horns and a couple of rings attached to its back for more fun. You can also hang it on your baby’s stroller. Once you buy it, this toy is sure to be one of baby’s favorite.
- Colorful moose soft toy
- Crinkly ears
- Rings at the back
- Enhances sensory development
If you are already building a soft book library for your child, this can be a worthy addition. If not, you can start with it. Initiate education from a very young age so that your baby can grow into an educated and strong individual.
- No paper cuts as the book are covered with fabric
- Animal theme baby book
- Pages are crinkly
- A cute doggy face on the cover page
- Different sounds on each page
- The book has touch & feel the texture
This oh-so-cute toy fox is a multi-activity play-buddy that will keep your baby entertained for hours. It is made with non-toxic material and is completely safe for teething. The rattle sounds and other accessories on the toy make it a bundle of excitement for your little one.
- Vibrant colors for visual stimulation
- Easily attachable to baby strollers
- Green leaf for teething
- Rattling ring on the leg
- Crinkly sound for auditory gratification
- The toys are entirely BPA, PVC, and Phthalate-free
If you want to buy a toy set that has both fun and developmental value, then this is the one to go for. The set contains numbered cubes with embossed figures, four animal toys, and eight sensory balls of different shapes and sizes. Your 3-month-old baby will be overjoyed to play with it.
- twenty pieces of toys
- eight cubes; four small animals and eight different balls
- Gives visual and tactile pleasures
- The pack comes in a transparent bag for easy storage
Want your baby to develop motor skills early in their life? Just give them this cool multi-colored bumpy ball. They will be thrilled to move from here to there it and hear its rattling sound while doing so.
- Bumpy ball with different textures
- Eye-catching and colorful
- Two rattlers
- Encourages gripping and moving
- Encourages hand-eye coordination
- Unique shape
Picking toys of three-month-olds is not tough. Ample of things will get their interest and evoke curiosity. But being responsible adults, you must double-check that everything that they are playing with is safe.
Toys must also cater to the betterment of your child. Hence, buy toys that would help in the all-round development of your newborn. Not to mention, they must also be fun to play with. Our top picks of toys for three-month-olds babies are the ‘Yookidoo Baby Play Gym Lay to Sit-Up Play Mat,’ the ‘JOYIN Dancing Walking Yellow Duck Baby Toy,’ and the ‘teytoy My First Soft Book.’
All the toys that we have listed are more than just mere playthings. But you would know the likes of your munchkin the best. Hence, feel free to pick up any toy from the above list that you think is the best for your child.