For parents, finding the best gift for his 4-year-old boy can be a challenging task. By this time, they start adopting new skills and manners. They can think, observe, imagine and create.
It is said that the children learn through playing, especially by the types of toys he plays with. You need to look for toys that can help them in the process of learning, physical training, and entertainment.
A toy has the following roles in a child’s natural development and his upbringing
- Improves motor skills: Toys can engage a child in exercising. They develop their fine and gross motor skills. When he is playing outdoor games or riding his first bicycle, he is strengthening his arms and legs. And when he is drawing or creating something, he is using his honing his sense organs.
- Emotional development: When a child creates something out of his imagination (building blocks, clay) or draws his favorite animal, he is expressing his feelings. These toys help them imagining possibilities and bring out their creativity.
- Social development: Toys also teach children social skills. They let them interact with their parents and other children where they learn about things like teamwork, respect, patience, and sharing.
- Cognitive development: Toys has huge impact on a child’s cognitive development. Toys that need assembling and dissembling, which can be created and build their way, encourage a child to use his brain. It hones their memory and gives an idea o science, technology, engineering, and math.
In this article, we have a list of toys that you can gift your little growing man. There are toys with high educational value, toys that you can play with your kids, and everything in between that fosters his creative and genius mind.
Almost every growing child has a thing for colors and drawing books. It’s because drawing lets them express their feelings and thoughts. This drawing mat colors without any ink or watercolor pencil. The colors disappear automatically after some time. So, you don’t need to worry about your kids creating a mess. This drawing mat will be one of the best gifts for your 4 year old boy.
- The mat is foldable and portable
- The colors disappear within 3-10 minutes
- It comes with a drawing booklet with a variety of drawing patterns
- It also has a drawing template with numbers and letters
- Kids can draw along with their friends
- Non-toxic, non-polluting ink
- Disappearing of his precious drawings can make a kid sad
Boys, when reaching 4 they innately start growing love for moving cars. This car set will be a perfect option for your kids to play. It has 2 cars so your kids can play alone or compete with their friends. Besides, it helps your kid grow their hand-eye coordination and encourages them to be more active.
- 2 people can play at a time
- Super easy remote control and easy to grip for small hands
- It comes with a police figure and a racing driver figure that goes inside the car
- Cars make two different sounds and play music
- Remove control covers a wide range
- The car requires 3 AA batteries and remotes need 2 AA batteries
- Can move only forward and backward
We all have one toy that was our dearest. And this can be one for your growing 4-year-old boy. This is a remote control construction truck that can be built in 3 ways. This is going to stay with your kid for a long time. As they grow, they will learn to assemble it themselves. Above all, it will help them in cognitive and analytical learning.
- Build 3 different types of a construction truck with 44 attachments
- Over 100 feet of remote control
- It requires 4 AA batteries
- It comes with a battery-powered drill
- The parts are made of the best quality plastic
- It has realistic sound effects
- It will encourage kids to use their brains and thinking power
- A 4-year-old kid may not be able to assemble it
If you want your kids to go out and play, this rocket launcher from Play22 is an excellent choice. A stomp rocket never disappoints a kid, whether boy or girl. This is a set of 6 rockets of different colors. They fly high into the sky. Just pump and jump on it with all your weight. It comes with never-ending fun. Also, it trains their physical strength and motor skills.
- Rocket launcher includes 6 rockets and a launcher
- Made with high-quality soft foam
- Lightweight and portable, suitable for holidays
- Great for outdoor games
- Safe for kids, BPA free, lead-free
- No battery required. Ideal for kids from 3 to 6
- Flimsy plastic parts
- Bodyweight will matter. Not recommended for kids under 4 years old
Dinosaurs overwhelm kids. And this Dinosaur toy pack from Kidtastic will be a perfect gift for your 4-year-old boy. It comes with three different Dinosaur toys with 106 parts that can be taken apart and rebuild. It also comes with kid-sized screws and screwdrivers. It will keep your kids busy for hours while and help them in STEM learning.
- It tests and trains your child’s intelligence and problem-solving capability.
- It also teaches child patience, hand-eye coordination and fine tunes motor skills
- The 3 dinosaurs come as fully assembled
- The parts are washable
- It includes a free downloadable coloring ebook for extra fun
- The detachable parts are small. So can be lost easily
- Plastic quality could be better
This building block set from ETI will help your child grow an interest in engineering from a very early age. Meticulously designed for 4 years boy and above, this building block toy set can make airplanes, helicopters, robots, trains, and animal figures. It comes with a total of 101 pieces. It will also help your kid bring out their creativity and imagination.
- Excellent for STEM learning
- Can teach your kids teamwork and collaboration
- Includes an extra wrench for friends
- A free downloadable ebook with 12 designs and a step-by-step guide
- They are washable and comes with an easy to carry box
- There are only 2 main blocks that can make structures
- Bolts are too tight
Introduce your kids to the World of Dinosaurs by gifting them this toy set from HOMOFY. It comes with a flexible road track that can take different shapes, trees, a bridge, and 2 Dinosaurs. Kids can drive the car on a twisted road, over the bridge, through the doors. It will bring a whole new world of adventure to your kid.
- The box includes 1 remote control car, 2 Dinosaurs, a hanging bridge, 2 slopes, 4 trees, a double door
- Made of eco-friendly high-grade ABS plastic
- Foster your kid’s imagination power
- Practice your kid’s hands-on abilities
- Perfect gift for a 4-year-old boy
- Drains too much battery
This Dinosaur Toy from easuntec is a one of a kind gift for Christmas or birthdays. It’s actually a 3D lamp that makes a gorgeous 3D image of Trex. It can change its colors in 16 shades. Also, you can adjust its brightness from 5 different modes- flash, fade, strobe, and smooth. It is powered by 3 AAA batteries or a 5V USB cable whichever you prefer.
- Remote control change 16 colors, smart touch change 7 colors
- Dual power modes
- Safe for eyes. No-dazzling, non-flicker, uniform LED light
- Comes in two other variation- unicorn/shark
- Drains too much battery
Does your kid admire cars? Then gifting him something like this Buildable Car set will be the best surprise for him. The set includes 10 interchangeable car parts and a kid’s electric drill gun. Building their own car boosts their creative thinking and helps them grow a knack for engineering.
- The vehicles have interesting lighting and sounds
- It has car parts, modifying parts, screws, tires and an electric drill
- The cars can be assembled and take part
- Requires 2 AA batteries
- No clear instructions about the setup
- Quality could have been better
Kids are fascinated with gadgets. And if you want to get the best gift for a budding photographer, get him this digital camera. It has 5 MP photo cameras, 1080 P video resolution, and a 2 inch IPS screen. And other exciting features specially made for kids between 4-8 years. It will hone their observing abilities.
- It has a cute appearance
- Includes 5 puzzle games, 6 filters, 5 frames
- It can take burst shots, time-lapse, playback videos
- Comes with an adjustable sling
- Supports 32 GB memory card, USB charging
- Not suitable for non-techies
- Camera stats in video mode, you have to bring the photo mode
Building blocks have infinite educational value. They give a taste of technology and engineering from a very early age. The set comes with 101 pieces, 2 dual-purpose wrenches, a kid’s screwdriver, and a combination wrench. It also comes with a book with 42 designs from easy to hard. Your kid can play with it for many years.
- 101 colorful pieces of blocks
- Comes with a sturdy carry box
- Your kid can build anything out of his imagination.
- Can be played with 3 of his friends
- It will bring out his creative side and will help him to improve his social skills.
- You might need more screws and wrenches
If you want to have some fun time with your kids, you can gift them this Hockey Hover set. It comes with two hockey sticks, 2 goals, and one golf ball. The ball has a fan on top of it that helps it in smooth gliding. You can play in on flat surfaces like marble, tiles, wood etc.
- Encourages your kids in sports, activities
- Improves their social skills and motor skills
- Kids of any age enjoy playing with it
- Easy step by step guide for assembling
- Can be dissembled and stored easily
- You cannot play it on outside
- Small kids can hurt themselves
Do you want your kids to involve in outdoor games? Then gifting them, this Golf Toy set would be a brilliant idea. Playing golf is more than just physical exercise. Mentally golf can teach a child to observe, think, and judge. This toy kit comes with an adjustable golf club, 15 golf balls, 2 club head, 1 ball feeder, and other accessories. You can play it both indoors and outdoors.
- Parent-child interactive game and toy set
- Ideal for boys, 4 years to 10 years
- Golf strengthens your kid’s upper body muscles, joints
- It improves hand-eye coordination, gross-motor skill
- Kids can hurt themselves
- Some parts may miss out. Check for all the parts
OMWay kid’s digital video camera will win the heart of your 4 year old kid. It’s an 8p camera that can take selfies, record 1080p videos, 10s time shooting, etc. You can keep your kids busy with photography and get them away from TV and smartphones. And besides, a camera can help your child to discover his creativity, imagination, and observation skills.
- Supports 32 GB SD card, USB charging point
- Features auto smile shooting and a flashlight for low lights
- Has a shockproof silicone case
- Comes in 3 attractive color
- Could improve the user interface
- It’s too tiny. Not ideal for kids above 6 year old
Robots interest kids a lot. And this Robot Toy from Gilobaby can be your kid’s companion for amusement. The little robotic guy can move, dance, spin, talk, and play music when asked. It can talk back in a robotic voice. The best part of gifting a robotic toy is that it makes kids familiar with robotics and technology.
- Comes in two attractive colors
- Can record voice for 8 seconds
- You can keep your kids busy
- Very sturdy made of hard plastic
- Doesn’t have any educational value
It’s not necessary to buy gifts that support STEM learning or give knowledge on science. Focus more on their interest. If they are fond of gadgets, maybe you can buy them a robotic toy, a digital camera, or perhaps a smartwatch. Choose something that they can play themselves or involve other kids.
So, you don’t always have to present there and help them. It’s also essential for your 4 year old to be active, take part in social games, sports. It will help them strengthen their bones, joints and ligaments, which will keep them growing fit and healthy.