A four-month-old baby is undergoing rapid change in every aspect. In terms of physical development, your baby is growing teeth, has stronger muscle, and is preparing to crawl or take the first steps. Your child’s brain is developing at a fast pace and registering information subconsciously.
At this stage, you can shape your child’s future by taking the active initiative in selecting toys. After all, toys have a massive impression on infants.
However, to select the best toys that help your baby’s physical, mental, and emotional growth, you must keep the following things in mind.
- Maintain Variety– never buy similar kinds of toys. If your child has enough toys that stimulate his cognitive and observational skills, then you might like to buy toys that develop your cute munchkin physically and vice versa. Your child might like one type of toy over another. But it is your responsibility to mix things up for your baby’s betterment.
- Safe to Use– Four-month-old babies are teething. Hence, they are most likely to put all toys in their mouth during this phase. So, looking out for the ‘child safety’ label should be a major thing on your checklist.
- Duration of Utility– We all know that a four-month-old baby will undergo major developmental changes at a fast rate. So, the question, whether the toy you purchase will be relevant over a couple of months is important. So, pick toys that your child can continue to use for a couple more months, if not years.
After going through various toys and consulting innumerable customer reviews, we have come up with the 13 best toys that are exclusively for four-month-old babies. We have also kept the ‘duration of utility’ factor in mind while making our picks.
Best Toys for 4 Month Old Baby 2020
Top Toys for 4-month-old Babies: Reviews
This toy will be a constant companion of your child in the early days when he or she prepares to crawl. It offers a multisensory experience to your child that helps in the all-round development.
- Musical toy has seven melodies
- Item weight is 3.68 ounces
- Volume control option
- Musical toy’s handle features rotating beads
- The dimension of the toy is 5.1 x 1.1 x 5.1 inches
- Easy to carry around
- Suitable for the grip of a four-month-old
- Colorful lights make it more interesting
- The toy is suitable for teething
- Pocket-friendly price
- Teether toy is not suitable for washing by submerging
Developing tactile sensitivity is very important in the early months of a baby. And this unique shaped bumpy ball can achieve fantastic results in that domain. It has a soft texture and is lightweight. This ball will encourage your child to grip, move, and transfer the ball from hand to hand. It also has rattlers to have calming effects on four-month-old babies.
- The ball has bumps with different textures
- 2 rattlers attached to the ball
- The size of this ball is 5 x 7.5 x 8.9 inches
- Unique shape
- Develops tactile sensitivity
- Makes rattling sound for pacifying babies
- Lightweight and suitable for infants
- Little hard to clean the ball
- Not suitable for machine wash
Your four-month-old will have fantastic tummy time on this water mat. Its structure and heavy-duty PVC helps to maintain your child’s balance while strengthening his back, shoulder, and neck. It also has a few marine toys that give the illusion of floating once you fill it with water. You will have to inflate the outer section with air and fill the middle section of the mat with water to get it ready.
- The size of this water mat is 26″ wide by 20″ tall by 2.5″ high
- Features floating toys of different colors
- Heavy Duty PVC prevents leakage
- Environmentally friendly and BPA-free
- Water mat develops your child’s back muscles
- Floating toys keep your four-month-old baby interested
- Helps in developing balance
- Prevents flat head shape and enhances sensory development
- Some customers have complained of little inclusion inside the mat
Teething is one of the major physical changes that happen when a child is four months old. And this quirky toy with soft teether tubes is perfect for babies of this age. The tubes are BPA free and have pretty colors. Infants can also use it to grab, rattle, and transfer the toy.
- The dimension is 5 x 4 x 3.5 inches
- Tubes are hollow and of appropriate size of teething babies
- Soft tubes are BPA free
- Unique looking toy
- Teether and rattler in one
- Offers multisensory experience to the baby
- Promotes motor skills and playing with both hands
- Not suitable for boiling to sterilize
The toy set contains ten pieces of rattling toys. All of them have a different shape so that your cute little angle can practice different grips. Also, these toys come in primary colors, which help newborns to identify colors in a better way. Let your child grab, rattle, and play with the toys to enhance his or her motor and auditory skills.
- 10 pieces of rattlers in different shapes
- Some of the toys make a musical note on pressing a button
- Rattling toys have rotating parts
- Variety of toys keep your baby away from boredom
- Primary color toys help in the sight development
- Colors and unique patterns help in eye tracking skills
- The toys are not BPA free
- Toy set does not come in a storage box
It is important to have a baby gym that is both comfortable and fun for the baby. This gym has over ten activities for your baby that helps in stimulating motor skills and visual awareness. It has a piano bar, a light-up tree, an arch with detachable toys, and a few other features that your kid would just love. You can easily remove the mat and throw it in the washer anytime for a thorough cleaning.
- The dimension of the play mat is 2 x 29.1 x 16.9 inches
- Features arch with toys to entertain your child
- Piano board is repositionable
- The tree has lights to amuse babies
- BPA free and safe to use
- Mat is washable
- Safe for babies
- Soft mat can be used for many purposes
- Keeps babies entertained
- Vibrant colors make babies feel at home, even while you are traveling
- The mat is not well-cushioned
If you want the best multisensory toy for your baby that takes care of most of your child’s amusement and developmental needs, then this is it. It is a plush, huggable, soft toy with a teether, rattler, and a set of crinkly ears. It can also play music. The toy is lightweight and very suitable for four-month-old babies.
- The toy measures 5x 3 x10 inches
- Makes barking sound and can play two songs
- Linking hoop for hanging it on the baby cot or stroller
- BPA, PVC, and phthalate free
- Lightweight, plush and huggable buddy for your baby
- A combo of rattler, teether, and crinkle
- Colorful toy with multiple features will keep your little one amused
- Has plastic parts that might not be suitable for hugging while sleeping
- Only suitable for dry wash
Tummy times are essential for your baby’s development. This self-discovery mirror adds a note of fun to your child’s tummy time. The blue color is soothing for babies. This true image floor mirror also has toys on it so that kids can play with them.
- The mirror shows true reflection
- Has a back stand
- Sizable mirror is 7.3 x 7.3 inches
- The frame of the mirror is blue with polka dots
- Features two diagonally positioned toys
- Features a set of crinkle leaves
- True reflection mirror is excellent for the developing vision of babies
- Spinning balls and bee toys amuse babies
- Will be an excellent addition to baby’s tummy time
- Cannot be attached to cots or strollers
- A bit expensive
This activity station is a versatile toy for your four-month-old baby. Your newborn can use it during his or her tummy time, while sitting up, or as a kick and play bar. It operates on 3 AA batteries, plays music, and has lights. It is a multisensory toy that helps your munchkin to recognize colors and distinguish various sounds. You can choose to hear the content in English, French, or Spanish.
- Dimension of the activity bar is 85x 12.8 x 9 inches
- Three different modes- animal, color and xylophone modes
- Three different languages- English, French, and Spanish
- Collapsible backstand helps in increasing the height of this bar
- Operates on 3 AA batteries
- Interactive toy has lights and sound
- Has educative value
- Improves motor and cognitive skills
- You can choose from different modes and languages
- The back stand is flimsy
- The light under the purple tab appears red
This bright yellow singing duck toy will be a delight to four-month-old babies. It dances, plays melodies, generates heartbeat sound, and has a flashlight. This toy is a complete package to stimulate your baby’s senses. The duck is 8×5.4×4.3 inches and runs on 3 AA batteries.
- Toy duck in yellow sings, walks, blinks, dances and generates heartbeats
- 100% safe, made of ABS plastic
- Volume control button
- The size of this toy is 8x 5.4x 4.3 inches
- The sounds have a calming effect on babies
- Helps in sensory development
- Enhances observation and auditory skills
- Exhausts battery quickly
The crawler ball is the best early learning toy for your four-month-old baby. Just inflate it and let your munchkin have fun. Your child can play and roll on the toy. The rattling balls and LED lights make it a fun package for infants. The developmental value is great and is safe for children’s use.
- Transparent crawler ball has green edges
- LED lights
- Rattling balls
- Heavy-duty PVC checks leakage
- Dimension of the crawler ball, when inflated, is 15.2 x 8 x 7.6 inches
- The weight is 6.4 ounces
- Stimulates physical development
- Safe for baby’s use
- Helps your four-month-old baby to crawl
- Lightweight and easy to carry when deflated
- Will take up storage space if you do not deflate it regularly
Engage your child in some reading, observing, and interactive fun. This book has six soft pages with bright colored pictures, buttons, and peekaboo games. It has more than 50 songs and educational phrases along with a light. It requires 1 AAA battery for functioning.
- 6 interactive book pages
- Dimensions of the book are 4 x 8.7 x 10.6 inches
- Linking hoops for hanging it on the stroller
- 50+ songs and phrases
- Light-up music buttons
- Soft book is suitable for four-month-old babies
- A four-month-old baby can flip through pages
- Educational and interactive fun
- Soft book is not suitable for washing
Let your child engage in some simplistic fun and games. Your four-month-old baby can develop motor skills by spinning this wheel. The added sound and light brings joy to your child. Your kid will quickly learn to say his or her first words as the fun phrases stimulate them to do so. This toy has a suction cup for holding it in its place.
- The toy has 5 sing-along songs and over 45 phrases
- 3 light-up stars
- Educational toy teaches numbers, animal names, and colors to babies
- Enhances motor skills
- Helps in color and object recognition
- Augments word learning skills
- Price is pocket-friendly
- The suction cup does not secure the toy firmly in its place
We hope that our article helped you in choosing the best toy for your baby — after all, which child does not enjoy a new plaything every now and then. However, if you still haven’t made up your mind, we can help you to narrow down your search.
If you are looking for the best toy for multisensory development, then Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes Musical Toy should perhaps be your pick. However, in case you are looking for something particular that develops your child’s overall motor skills, then the Baby Einstein Glow & Discover Light Bar Activity Station will be the best. Also, we think that your teething four-month-old baby would really enjoy the unique Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle & Sensory Teether Toy.
If you have purchased any of these toys, comment below to tell us how your munchkin liked it. Also, if you have any suggestions for the best toys for four-month olds, let us know.