Taking the first steps is an important milestone in every baby’s life. The sooner it is, the better. As parents, it is your duty to help your child as much as you can in the process of walking. And what better than to gift your child a baby walker for this purpose?
With a baby walker, you can be sure that your child will not have cuts and bruises from falling down multiple times while learning to walk.
Always consider the following three important factors before you buy an infant walker.
Type of Walker- this is perhaps the first thing you should decide on. A traditional seated walker will provide comfort to the baby but might not be as effective as a push walker. However, you should keep in mind that a push walker is only suitable when your child is able to stand on their own. If you are buying it for a younger baby, then the traditional seated walker or the stationary walker are your options.
Comfortable Padded Seat- If the seat is not comfortable, you cannot get your little one to spend more than a couple of minutes at a time. This defeats the whole purpose of buying a baby walker in the first place. So, look for a product with a comfortable and padded seat to keep your child cheerful while he or she learns how to walk. However, if you choose to go for a push walker, then you can skip this point altogether.
Height Settings– The height adjusting tabs help to adjust the height of the walker according to the height of the baby. Without this feature, you will have to buy a baby walker every other month. Height settings keep an infant walker in use for a longer time. So, it is a must feature when you are searching for the best baby walker for the apple of your eye.
After going through the above points, you must have a brief idea of how a good infant walker looks. Well, if you are looking for one right now, then we have the ten best baby walkers listed just for you. We have done our research and taken into consideration the above points while making this list.
You can also have a look at our Buying Guide to understand more about the features and factors to consider while buying a walker.
Just have a look!
Best Baby Walker To Buy in 2020
Type of Walker
Maximum Weight Capacity (pounds)
|Baby Trend Trend 2.0 Activity Walker||Seated||25||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker||Sit to stand||N/A||No||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Joovy Spoon Walker||Seated||30||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Fisher-Price Learn with Me Zebra Walker||Push walker||N/A||No||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Safety 1st Dino Sounds 'n Lights Discovery Baby Walker||Seated walker||31||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Disney Winnie The Pooh Music and Lights Walker||Seated||30||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Bright Starts Floral Friends Walker||Seated||26||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Kolcraft Tiny Steps 2-in-1 Activity Baby Walker||Convertible walker||26||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Evenflo Splash Mega Exersaucer||Stationary walker||30||No||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Walker||Convertible walker||N/A||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Top Baby Walker Reviews
This infant walker is a treat for babies and parents alike. It is a well-built product at a reasonable price. Your baby will thoroughly enjoy sitting or strolling around in this walker. The detachable toy bar, surround food tray, and a comfortable seat makes it the best in the market. The baby walker also has three adjustable height options so that your little one can keep using it for longer.
- Minimum weight capacity: 15 pounds
- Maximum weight capacity: 25 pounds
- Weight of the baby walker: 6.61 pounds
- Three adjustable height options
- Removable seat cover
- Baby walker is foldable for easy portability
- Detachable toy bar
- Food tray
- Pocket-friendly price
- Seat is cushioned
- The seat has a wide base
- Removable seat cover
- Toy bar for baby’s entertainment
- Easily portable
- Cannot accommodate a baby over 25 pounds
- The seat cover is not suitable for machine wash
Some parents in the USA do not prefer sit-in baby walkers. We are listing this push walker exclusively for them. It is a sit to stand infant walker, which is suitable for babies who have learned to stand up on their own but not yet learned to walk. There is a wheel lock setting to let your child slow down the speed. This feature prevents injuries while your infant is learning and growing. The interactive toy console on the walker can keep your baby amused for a long time.
- Suitable for 9 to 36-month-old babies
- Weight of the baby walker is 5 pounds
- Wheel lock feature
- Removable interactive play panel
- Play panel has toys for pretend playing and sensory development
- 1-year warranty
- Large plastic wheels roll on hardboard as well as carpet floors
- Wheel lock feature makes it safe for babies
- Walker does not tip over easily
- Good for the all-over physical and sensory development of infants
- Lacks height adjustment feature
- Lightweight push walker might topple if babies try to pull themselves up using it
The joovy spoon walker provides all the support that your child needs in learning how to walk. It is a superb product with a removable baby seat and an oversized food tray for the snacks & sippies of your baby. It has a non-slip stair pad for your child’s protection. The walker also folds flat for hassle-free portability.
- Maximum weight capacity of the baby walker is 30 pounds
- Non-slip stair pads
- Three height adjustments
- Removable seat
- Food tray has a removable insert
- Baby seat and tray insert are machine washable
- Size of the walker when open is 18 H x 25.5W x 27.75D
- Walker size after folding is 9H x 25.5 W x 27.75 D
- Super comfortable seat
- Excellent build quality
- Adjustable height feature ensures your child can use it for longer
- The anti-slip stair pads protect your baby
- Easy storage and portability
- Bit expensive
- Does not have a toy bar for baby’s entertainment
If you are searching for a walker that is value for your money, then this is the one. It is an adorable walker with a hands-on toy bar where your little one can learn spinning, flopping, and rolling. The handle is easy to grip for infants. It has large size wheels that make walking more comfortable.
- Suitable for babies who have learned to stand
- Interactive toys
- Teaches ABCs and 1-2-3 to babies
- Requires 2 AA batteries
- Encourages hands-on play
- Value for money product
- Makes walking easier
- Lightweight and easy to carry while traveling
- Interactive toys help in early education
- Toy panel is not removable
- Push walker is lightweight and can easily tip over
This is a traditional style walker with five add-on toys to keep your munchkin entertained. The toys crinkle, rattle, spins, and light up for the sensory development of your child. There is a food tray underneath the activity tray for your child’s snack times. You can easily fold it and tuck the walker away when your baby is not using it.
- Minimum weight capacity: 20 pounds
- Maximum weight capacity: 31 pounds
- Three adjustable height positions
- Dimensions once assembled are 28.10 x 24.00 x 22.50 Inches
- Grip strips reduce movement on uneven surfaces
- Removable and washable seat
- Swing open activity tray
- Large size snack tray
- Foldable walker can be stored away
- Has 12 different children songs
- One year warranty
- The comfortable padded seat is washable
- Easy forward and backward movement
- Five dinosaur toys help in sensory development
- Grip strips ensure baby’s safety
- Customers faced trouble in aligning food tray with the toy tray
- Not suitable for smaller babies
This pooh theme sit-in walker will help your baby to manoeuver easily in any direction. There is a swing-in activity tray with four toys for play and motor skill development. If you have a big baby growing advanced for his or her age, then this baby walker will be of help.
- Suitable for kids up to 32 pounds
- Removable and machine-washable padded seat
- Swig in toy tray
- Large size food tray
- Three adjustable height settings
- Can move on carpeted floors
- Plays 12 songs for babies
- Colorful baby walker makes the baby happy
- Good for both hardwood and carpet floors
- Grip strips restrain movements on uneven surfaces to keep your child safe
- Baby songs help in vocabulary development
- Takes a little while to assemble
If you are looking for the cutest walker for your little one, then the Bright Stars baby walker will serve you the best. It is reasonably priced and comes with a lot of features like a removable seat, toy bar, anti-slip grip, and height adjustments. However, the linkey look toy is not removable, which makes the snacking area a little smaller. If you are okay with it, then this infant walker a pretty good deal.
- Comfortable seat for keeping your baby comfortable
- The padded seat is removable and washable
- Anti-fall grips
- Two link loop toys
- Three adjustable height positions
- Maximum weight capacity 26 pounds
- Item weight is 19.8 pounds
- Pretty infant walker is cost-effective
- The anti-fall grip ensures safety
- Baby seat cover is machine washable
- Folds flat for easy portability
- Maximum weight capacity is just 26 pounds
- The toy bar is not detachable
This is a superb infant walker that grows with your child. You can buy this as early as five months old after your baby is born, and continue to use it for over a long time. You can seat your baby on this walker, and when the time is right, just convert it into a walk-behind push walker.
- Minimum weight is 15 pounds
- Maximum weight is 26 pounds
- Baby walker dimensions once folded 30″ L x 24.3″ W x 8″ H
- Features a mirror, crinkle, and textured toys
- One year warranty
- Babies can use it for a long time
- Height adjustment feature
- Toys keep babies cheerful
- Space for adding more toys
- Easy to clean, fold and store away
- The food tray is somewhat small
- Weight capacity is 26 pounds only
If you think that your baby can trip, fall or end up in places you might not want him to in a walker with wheels, then this stationary walker is the right choice for you. Your child will be surrounded by an array of interchangeable toys that he can play with for motor skill development. This stationary walker also has three height adjustments for your baby to be comfortable in it.
- Maximum weight capacity is 30 pounds
- Minimum weight capacity is 7 pounds
- The removable seat can be washed in a machine
- Comfortable and padded baby seat
- Many interchangeable toys
- Adjustable height
- Easy to wash the baby padded seat
- It has a number of toys to help in sensory development
- No risk of injuries that walkers with wheels might cause
- Toys assist infants to rock, spin, and bounce toys
- The height adjustment tabs are not sturdy and might collapse
- Not as effective as other types of walkers
It is a toy-cum-infant walker that your munchkin will thoroughly enjoy. You can comfortably seat your baby in the car seat and use it as a traditional walker. Once your child learns to stand up, you can use it as a push walker. Also, you can remove the jeep car and let your baby play with it. There are a steering wheel and a sound system that makes cool car sounds.
- 3-in-1 baby walker
- Features a steering and car sound
- Has a food tray
- Three height adjustments
- Dimensions after assembling are 29.2 x 25.1 x 12 inches
- Steering wheel develops gross motor skill
- Car sound entertains baby and helps in auditory development
- 3 in 1 function: Baby walker, push walker and a car toy
- Removable toy bar has a food tray underneath
- Cleaning can be a challenge as the seat is not removable
- Adjusting height can be tricky
Things to Consider Before Buying a Baby Walker in 2020
A baby walker is an essential part of your child’s growing up process. So, you need to choose it with care and caution. Here are a few things that you should consider before choosing a baby walker:
1.Types of Baby Walkers
The first thing you should decide is what type of walker you want for your child. Let us have a look at the three main types of infant walkers that are available in the market:
- Sit-in Baby Walker
This is the type of baby walker that you commonly see. It has a padded seat, and wheels so that the baby can move around. Some of the good models have height adjustment feature and a toy bar.
If you intend to settle for this type of baby walker, then try finding one with a food tray for your kid’s snacks and sippies. Also, for your peace of mind, then an anti-slip grip feature would be helpful. Your child must learn how to sit up on their own before you can put your munchkin in it.
Stationary walkers are perfect solutions for parents who do not want their kids to incur an accident for being on the wheels. As the name suggests, stationary walkers do not move. These types of walkers might strengthen the leg muscles, but is not much effective in helping your little one in his first steps.
A stationary walker has a baby seat and various toys on the activity table. These toys offer a multisensory experience and help in the baby’s development. Some of these walkers have a standing pad that supports the baby to stand or bounce a bit.
Push walkers are suitable for slightly older babies. Children can use it when they can stand by themselves but cannot walk. They grip the handle of the walker and push it.
This offers them support and helps them to walk. This is perhaps the most effective type of infant walker.
The push walkers generally come with an activity panel for some fun and play. Many of them have detachable toy panel feature so that the baby can still play while sitting.
Which is the best baby walker for your child?
There is no single answer to this. Your selection of baby walker depends on the age, weight, and height of your baby. Parents who would put safety first might choose the stationary walker. Parents who would instead want their child to get the maximum support and maneuverability, go for the traditional sit-in baby walker. Push walkers are best for kids who have learned to pull themselves up. The activity walker is the most effective in making babies take their first steps. However, they offer little support for baby’s back and hip. You have to choose the one you think is best for your baby.
2. Age of your child
Baby walkers come in various sizes. To know whether a walker will suit your child or not, look up the minimum and the maximum weight capacity. Also, take into consideration the type of baby walker. For infants below eight months, seated walkers work the best. But if your child is over eight or nine months, then you can invest in a push walker. Another way to go about the situation is to buy a sit to stand baby walker that your baby can use throughout the first year and a few months more till they learn walking.
Baby walkers that can move in all directions are the best. Avoid walkers that restrict movement. Also, some walkers move fine on hard floors but have trouble on a carpeted floor. It is best to buy an infant walker that glides well on all flat surfaces. One of the prime indications of proper maneuverability in walkers is good quality swiveling wheels.
4. Safety is a Prime Thing
Look for infant walkers that have brake pads or anti-slip grips. These pads will restrict the baby’s movements on uneven surfaces. It is a must-look-for feature, especially if you have stairs at home. A good walker has at least four anti-slip grips on it. Another thing to see is if the walker has any sharp edges. In case the baby walker of your choice has sharp edges or toys with sharp edges, consider getting another one.
5. Comfortable Seat
Comfort is everything to little babies. Hence, if you place them in an uncomfortable seat, they are likely to cry a lot. Sure, you don’t want that. Look for a baby walker that has a padded seat, comfortable leg space, and back support.
6. Adjustable Height
Babies grow fast. If you do not want to purchase multiple baby walkers as your child grows, choose a product with height adjustments. A standard walker will have at least three height adjustment tabs or more. Also, make sure that the tabs are firm.
When you put your baby on a walker, it is best to do it regularly. The discontinuation will slow down your child’s walking progress. So, it is ideal for your baby’s walker to be portable.
Buy an infant walker model that folds flat. It is equally important that the walker is lightweight so that it is easy for you to carry around while traveling.
When it comes to budget, we suggest that you stick to value for money products. Baby walkers would help your child for a short period of time. However, make sure that the infant walker of your choice is comfortable and safe for your little one.
There are numerous value-for-money baby walkers that we have listed. If you have still not found a good product that is value for money, have a look at our list of the best baby walkers. It will surely help you.
We did extensive research based on our observation and customer reviews of numerous infant walkers before coming up with our version of the top 10 best baby walkers. But, did you make up your mind yet? If not, then we have a few suggestions, which are our favorites.
Baby Trend Trend 2.0 Activity Walker– We think this baby walker to be the best as it is a complete value for money product. It looks smart, is safe for the baby, easy to clean, and has toys for the baby’s entertainment. You get all these at a very reasonable price.
VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker – Parents who do not prefer the traditional seated baby walkers might like this product. This push walker is superb because it gives excellent maneuverability and has an interactive activity panel for psychomotor development.
If you have any queries or doubts regarding any of the products above, then feel free to ask. We promise to solve your query as soon as we can. Also, if you have any of the above baby walkers at home, then comment below to let us know what your munchkin likes and dislikes in their baby walkers.