Babies grow very fast. You can expect your child to learn to sit up on their own by the time they are 4 to 6 months old. After six months, they will start crawling, and by the 8th month, many babies learn to stand up with a little bit of support. However, some babies do it quicker than the average time estimated, and some learn the same thing a few months later. There is nothing to worry about it.
Once your munchkin learns to stand up on their own, it will take your child quite some time to start walking. This is the time when you should invest in a baby push walker. It will help your baby learn to walk quicker. A push walker will also develop the leg and arm muscles of our child and enhance hand-eye coordination.
If you are out to buy the best baby walker, here are the few most essential things that you should keep in mind;
- Suitability- Buy a push walker only when your baby is old enough to stand on his own or with a little support. Handing a baby push toy to a child who still isn’t past the crawling stage can be futile or might result in an accident. Always read the age specification of a baby walker while purchasing.
- Comfort- Before buying an infant push walker, make sure that it has a comfortable grip and is easy to push. A good traction and wheel resistance are features you might want in your baby’s walker.
- Safety– Babies are sensitive. Even the slightest hurt can do a lot of damage to a child. So, features like wheel lock, smooth finish, and sturdy build-quality are features that are a must.
If you are searching for the best push walker for your child right now, we have a list of the nine best walkers ready for you. Do not forget to check out our Buying Guide to know the inclusion of what other features make a push walker a better option for babies.
Best Toy To Help Baby Walk in 2020
Top Baby Push Walkers: Reviews
The V-Tech push walker is the number one choice of American parents. It has thousands of positive reviews. What sets this walker apart in the league is the detachable interactive play console where your baby can learn alphabets and numbers. It also has a number of toys for the development of your kiddo’s fine and gross motor skills. The big wheels and resistance feature makes walking easier.
- Recommended age 9 to 36 months
- Large wheels work on any flat surface
- Wheels lock to slow it down
- The play panel is removable
- Features 70 sing-along songs and fun phrases
- Requires 2 AA batteries
- Easy to assemble
- Helps sensory development of the baby
- Rolls smoothly
- Pocket-friendly price
- Wheel resistance can be better
This resist push wooden baby walker is the best for small babies who have just learned to stand up. It is a wagon cart made of good quality natural wood. Just put the favorite toys of your little one in the cart and watch your baby gleefully push the wagon as he learns to walk.
- Ideal for babies between 1 to 4 years
- Cart dimensions 22.44″ x 14.57″ x 17.13
- Maximum weight capacity is 35 pounds
- The handle is made of steel
- Features furniture friendly bumper
- The wooden stake sides are removable
- Walker has big wheels of 5.75 x 1 inches
- Resist wheel helps beginners to build confidence while walking
- Does not topple over easily
- The cart can hold baby’s favorite toys
- A bumper in the front protects the walls and furniture in your home
- Paint can chip off with time.
- Removing and attaching wooden stake sides can be a little tricky
This cute zebra style baby walker is the best for babies who have learned to pull themselves up on their own. Price-wise, it is a cool budget-buy that your child will surely enjoy. It rolls smoothly over hardwood and carpet floors alike — however, the wheels of this push walker do not offer resistance.
- The manufacturer suggests this walker for babies between 6 months to 5 years
- Dimensions of this push walker are 21.3 x 16.7 x 18.1 inches
- Interactive toys that say 1-2-3s and ABCs
- Features sing-along baby songs
- Easy to grip the handle
- Develops baby’s vocabulary
- Enhances motor skills
- Has vibrant colors and cute looks
- The handle is very easy to hold for babies
- Cost-effective baby walker
- Wheels have no resistance
- Lightweight push walker might tip over easily
The Bright Starts push walker is one of the best for babies. It features four modes of play. The colorful infant walker has a basket that detaches from the cart. Electronic play panel lid has four toys that make cooking sounds. Its vibrant color and unique design will win your baby’s heart in no time.
- This push walker is best for six-month-old to 3-year-old infants
- Four modes of playing- Sit & play, Stand & play, Push and walk, Remove the cooktop for a shopping cart
- Wheel locks to keep the cart stationed
- Electrical cooktop makes sizzling cooking sounds
- Product size is 22 x 6.9 x 16 inches
- Requires 3 AAA batteries
- Vibrant color cute baby push walker
- Encourages imaginative pretend-play
- Shopping cart has good storage space
- Detachable play panel
- Build quality can be better
This baby push walker is quirkily designed to delight little babies. The cart features three alligator toys that make a mild chomping sound as your baby pushes the walker. It has baby-safe colors and a smooth design. The big wooden wheels glide easily on all flat surfaces.
- Suitable for babies over one year old
- Size of the alligator push toy is 15 x 15 x 11.8 inches
- The baby push walker is made of wood
- There are rubber strips on the wheel to prevent it from scratching
- Colorful and quirky design push toy is interesting for babies
- The chomping sound is soothing
- Wooden wheels do not harm to the floor
- The toy is easy to assemble
- It cannot handle much weight.
- Wood starts chipping after prolong use
If you want a multipurpose walker that takes care of your baby’s all-round development, then this product is the right choice. It is styled in the model of a cute orange fox. The walker contains thirty-six pieces of blocks for the baby to play with. Also, if you put the blocks inside the cart, it has less chance to tip over. This push walker makes a great gift item too.
- This baby push walker is suitable for babies older than 12 months
- Size of the push walker for babies is 14.4 x 13.2 x 10 inches
- It has 36 colorful wooden blocks of different shapes
- Rubber rim on the wheels provide good traction
- Made with durable quality wood
- The walker does not topple easily
- Blocks help babies learn the concept of three-dimensional objects
- The toy cart is durable
- Block arrangement game enhances baby’s creative as well as problem-solving skills
- Takes time to assemble
The wonder walker has a unique design enabling your child to push and pull to improve their physical and motor skills. It helps your little one to develop coordination. This toy allows your baby to get ready to walk and roll in no time.
- Suitable for babies who are more than 12 months old
- Comes with moveable knobs, gear, and colorful balls
- Offers 5 different activities
- Carefully designed rubber-trimmed setback wheels to protect your child and floor
- Made from top quality wood
- The storage base allows carrying toys and friends.
- Develops coordination and fine motor skills.
- Sturdy framework for support and storage base
- Has child safe materials and non-toxic finish.
- Back wheels are wobbly
- Cost is on the higher side
This amazing 3-in-1 activity walker is skillfully designed for your little one in 3 walking stages- early, intermediate, and advanced. The size of the walker can be adjusted according to your baby as a wagon toy, ride-on, and scooter. It is an entertaining way to encourage and develop your child’s balance, coordination, motor, and physical skills at playtime.
- Size of the activity walker is 22.75 x 13.5 x 20.5 inches
- Has a press button for headlights, melodies, and fun sound effects
- Wagon converts into a seat for ride-on mode and to a scooter for toddlers
- Adjustable handle for comfortable height while standing
- Requires 3 AAA batteries
- Wagon mode allows them to push and pull toys.
- Easily functional and adjustable
- 2-in-1 fun of wagon and push walker
- Batteries pop out easily
- The steering is loose
This wooden walker is an excellent gift for your baby’s first steps. The multiple activities help to improve your child’s motor and physical skills. Educational toys develop creativity and build imagination.
- Suitable for babies over 1 year of age
- Size of the infant baby walker is 9 x 13.7 x 3.9 inches
- Made of top-quality wood and non-toxic paints
- Has rubber edges on wheels for protection.
- It comes in gender-neutral colors.
- Sturdy frame for support.
- It helps your child to enjoy and learn walking faster.
- Multifunctional and fun toys improve motor, cognitive, and sensory skills.
- Educational activity toys increase creativity and imagination.
- Screw quality is not good
- The paint looks worn out in parts
Things to Consider While Buying Push Walkers for Babies: Expert Buying Guide
Push walkers are definitely better than conventional sit-in baby walkers. They provide the baby with more support and develop muscles faster. However, there are a few things that you must consider before buying a baby push walker:
1. Baby’s Age
Push walkers are typically for babies who are older than 8 or 9 months. This is not the case with sit-in walkers.
How to know when your baby is ready for a push walker?
Push walkers have a simple design. When you see your child is being able to stand up on his own without any support, you can be sure that you can buy a baby push walker for your little one.
2. Child Safety
This is the most important factor to consider while you are buying a baby push walker. The first thing to do is watch out for sharp edges in the product. If there are sharp edges in your choice of push walker, then buy a different product.
Opt for a walker that will not topple over under the weight of your baby. Another significant factor that you might want in a push walker is lockable wheels. In some push toys, this feature completely locks the wheel, making the walker immobile. In others, this feature slows the speed of the wheels, ensuring the safety of your baby.
Push walkers that are comfortable to handle are always more preferable. The first thing to look for is an easy to hold handle for your baby’s small grip. Other features that you might prefer are large wheels that offer enough traction and wheels that roll easily on all types of floor.
Always remember, if your child is not comfortable with the push walker, he or she will not use it. So, it is best to search for a comfortable infant push walker so that your baby has a happy time while learning to walk.
While you are buying a baby push walker, the price of the product should be an important consideration. Do weigh the benefits and the duration of the utility of the push walker before you buy it. Allocating a budget and maintaining it is a prudent way to go about this thing.
Many infant push walkers will come with several features like lights, music, and games. If you want a fancy model, then you should be prepared to spend more on the walker. If you want a basic model, then it will cost less. Remember, all push walkers, whether fancy or basic, will help your child to walk independently.
5. Ease of Assembling
Most push walkers need to be assembled before you can hand it over to your child. Always go for walkers that are easy to assemble if you do not want to spend hours figuring out which piece goes where. It will save you time, and shield you from unnecessary frustration.
6. Cute Design
Babies treat push walkers more like toys. So, a mighty factor to lure them into using the walkers it to search out for products, the looks of which will appeal to your child. If your baby is not thrilled to see a walker, they will outright refuse to use it. After this, you might have to buy a new walker.
Hence it is better to buy a push walker with vibrant color and cutesy design. A sure shot way to make a baby like a walker is to buy a product with interactive toys.
If you have already found the best push walker for your baby, then we are happy that we could be of help. If not then we have a few suggestions to make;
- VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker– It is a vibrant push walker that your baby is bound to love. The large size wheel, speed control button, and interactive toy console make it one of the best ones for babies.
- Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon– If you want a more straightforward design, then this one is perfect. The resist push, bumper, and sturdy frame help your baby immensely in the process of walking.
Do let us know which push walker you think is the best. If you have any queries, write it, and we shall clear your doubts at the earliest. Also, commend below to tell us what you think of this list and how we can improve it.