We, as parents, have started to understand the importance of toys in the mental and physical growth of our kid. The best thing about modern-day toys is that they also have educational stuff embedded into them.
Most parents out there try to provide every toy that they can afford for their kids. But there are certain things that even we don’t know about toys. Also, there are a few crucial factors of buying toys, but sadly, not all are aware and it.
In this article, we’ll take a look at a few Buying Tips that you should consider before buying educational toys for your 3-year-old one. Furthermore, we have enlisted 14 Educational Toys for a 3-year-old. Let’s dive in:
Not just toys, but anything you buy for a 3-year-old should be safe enough for them to play. Children have the habit of putting things in their mouths, and this is why the material of the toy matters. Look for the ideal age of playing with the toy. Try avoiding toys made of plastic. Also, stay away from toys that have small pieces to prevent a choking hazard.
From the age of 3-4 years, a kid starts to socialize, and this is a significant factor for any human being. You should consider buying toys that can be played with teams or groups. Outdoor games such as football and basketball are a great example of this. These sorts of toys are great for social development, and apart from social development, these are excellent for physical growth.
Modern-day toys have this exciting thing. They offer educational value to your kid, along with entertainment. This age of 3 is the beginning of learning for a kid. And that’s why the toys should support this process of learning. There are numerous toys in the market that focus on knowledge, along with great entertainment. Examples of these types of toys are puzzles and Lego bricks.
Best Educational Toys For 3 years Old
|Educational toys||What's Good||What's Bad||Check Now|
|Flybar My Foam Pogo Jumper||Safe for kids and great quality||Nothing as such||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Jasonwall aqua magic doodle mat||non-toxic||No proper pigmentation||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Li'l Gen Dinosaur toys||Good for understanding pronunciation||Prone to get lost||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Free to fly large aqua drawing mat||non-toxic and non-polluting||No proper pigmentation||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Soyee magnetic blocks||non-toxic material||May get damaged||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Toyk Aqua magic mat||Big-enough in size||Gets messy||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Liker Wooden Pattern Puzzle||Learning of shapes and animals||Blocks may get lost||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Kidtastic Dinosaur Toys Stem||Skill development||Plastic isn't sturdy enough||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|The Learning Journey:Head and Tails||Kids can know about several animals||Might get boring||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Leapfrog My Own Laptop||Kids can learn about animals and alphabets||Prone to damage||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Brickyard Building Blocks||Enhances creativity in kids||Prone to get misplaced||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Vtech Touch and Learn Activity desk||Skill development||The touch panel is prone to damage||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Just Smarty Alphabet Wall Chart||Imagination is enhanced||Prone to damage||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Vtech Write and Learn Creative Center||Good for skill development||The screen is prone to damage||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Top Educations Toys For 3Year Old: Reviews
Kids love to play with pogo jumpers, and the Flybar brings you the most comfortable pogo Jumper for toddlers. This first foam pogo jumper is perfect for kids who are learning to play with new items.
It has an in-built squeaker, and it’s made of durable quality foam made for both indoor and outdoor use. Unlike those inferior pogo jumper, it promises to withstand kid’s torture and tantrum. But make sure you hand over this jumper to a kid above three years.
It is an excellent alternative of screenplay. It will engage your kids to stay fit and active.
- Made of premium and durable foam
- It doesn’t scratch floors
- An adjustable bungee cord
- Soft foam grips
- A perfect toy for a three years old toddler
- Help kids grow the balance skills of the kid
- The toy is protected by foam completely
- Kids’ friendly material, which will not react to kid’s skin
- Doesn’t scratch the floor
- The squeaking sound reduces with time
Kids are always creative and to push that creativity gift your kid this Jasonwall aqua magic doodle mat. This is perfect for drawing and learning together. It’s a large size mat, which can let a group of kids play together.
With this mat, you can make your kid be more attentive toward group play and learn a lot of new things. Kids can doodle over it again and again as the ink fades with 3-10 minutes.
There is no messy in used, and no one gets hurt in the play. One just has to fill the pen with clean water and start doodling.
There are letters printed on the side. Moreover, this is a comfy mat, which is perfect for kid’s use.
- No paint, non-toxic, non-polluting mat
- Soft and easy to clean
- Comes with pens, stamps, drawing mols, design booklet, and a storage box
- Foldable yet no permanent crease
- Easy to carry
- Easy to wash
- No toxic ink used
- The best gift suggested for kids under five years
- Have to draw multiple times to get proper pigmentation
There isn’t any kid who doesn’t get excited seeing dinosaurs. This toy set comes with multiple dinosaur structures and identification, which makes them learn about dinosaurs while playing. The best part is this book is that it has an audio system that will help the kid learn better with proper pronunciation of the names of the dinosaur.
Moreover, this pack of 12 dinosaurs will let your kid grow with a bunch of knowledge on a play mode. If you are finding a perfect gift for a toddler, then this set of dinosaur games can be a good option—something to play with and learn at the same time.
- Comes in a set of 12 different dinosaur
- They measure 7″ tall
- Has audio support to learn the dinosaur names
- Comes with a colorful and attractive book
- A learning element in-game
- Big size, great detailed dinosaurs toys
- Fantastic gift idea for toddlers
- After the battery goes dead; the audio system will not work.
Allow your kids to become more creative with this aqua drawing mat. Free to fly qua drawing mat have dinosaurs printed around it. Its large size and comfortable. It even folds into a compact size for easy storage and traveling.
A kid under six years can play on this mat for hours. Even this mat has room to make a group of kids play with it. Just fill the pen with water and start drawing.
There is no need for toxic inks. And since its just clear water, there is no chance of a mess. Along with fun and games, this mat will help the kid to learn better and faster.
- The mat comes with magic pens drawing mold, template, booklet, and more
- Folds into a square shape for easy storage
- Soak the pen for 2 minutes for 2 minutes
- The disappearing time depends on the humidity and temperature
- Certified kid’s friendly toys
- Material is non-paint, non-toxic, and non-polluting
- No mess, hassle-free cleaning
- Foldable and portable
- The best choice to gift a toddler
- Have to redraw to get better pigments
- It’s smaller than what it seems in the picture
If you want your kids to learn while playing, then this set of magnetic blocks would be the perfect toy for them. This set of magnetic blocks comes in different shapes, which can make other 3d shapes when placed together.
This game will help your kid to learn about shapes and structures together. These tiles come in multiple colors, which makes them even more attractive to kids. Since these tiles are magnetic, they find it easy and fun to assemble. They are made of non-toxic ABS grade plastic. They edgest are soft, so kids don’t hurt themselves while playing.
It is an exciting game to play with and learn at the same time for all the kids. Gift this to a kid; they will be more than happy.
- Magnetic tiles of different shapes and colors
- Can be assembled to make a 3d shape
- Material is non-toxic and suitable quality abs plastic
- Colorful, stackable, portable
- Easy to assemble and remove
- Learn the power of magnets, and it’s the effect
- Learn about colors and shapes
- Magnets can get removed from the tiles
- The magnetic force may get lost in the future
If your kids have a knack for drawing, here is another good option. The aqua drawing mat has the magical effect of disappearing drawing and ink stain. The mat shows up the marks and colors when it is wet, afterward when dried, the marks and drawings get gone. Isn’t it amazing?
This mat comes in large size, which can accommodate 2–3 kids at a time and makes them play together. They can learn about new objects, fruits, and animals. They can also learn numbers and counting. All in all, it’s a perfect mat for a home to make your kid sit to play and learn at the same time.
- Measures 60×40-inch
- It can accommodate 2-3 kids
- It comes with magic pens, mold, stamps, and other accessories
- Learn about animals, fruits, vegetables, number, and counting
- It’s a quick and straightforward manner, for a kid, to both learn and play
- No messy ink and colors
- Kids can play together
- A kid might not like disappearing his drawings
Kids can learn more than adults. Their learning capacity is higher than others. This is why you should make them interact with the thing that they can learn something from it. Like this animal’s jigsaw puzzle, this will give the knowledge of shapes and animals to the kids while playing. Also, if playing can be made interesting, then learning becomes easy and more efficient.
If you are searching for a gift for a toddler, this animal puzzle can be the one. This is the better method of playing along with learning.
- It comes in plenty of variants when it comes to shapes and sizes
- A color game to play with and learn at the same time
- Encourage kids to imagine, create and recreate
- Smooth edges and soft foam material
- A perfect gift for toddlers to make them learn shapes and animals
- The bright colors make it attractive for them to play
- A kid may end up losing blocks
The kidtastic dinosaur toys are funny, colorful, and can make your kid learn and play at the same time. This toy comes in different parts of the dinosaur. 106 pieces in total. They come fully assembled, so you don’t have to do the hard work. As kids learn about the shapes and construction, they can take the parts out and recreate the dinosaurs.
They learn about the mechanism, grow their motor skills, and use their thinking power to create. These are excellent engineering building playset for both girls and boys. If you are finding a birthday gift, then this can be the perfect birthday gift for a toddler.
- Colorful, dinosaur building toy
- 106 pieces three screwdrivers
- Three types of dinosaurs
- Dinosaurs measure 4 to 7 inches tall
- 1-year manufacturing warranty
- The material is kids friendly
- Comes as fully assembled
- Kids can take the parts out and reconstruct them
- Small pieces can cause a choking hazard
- The plastic material is not that sturdy
Kids can learn better from pictures and playful tasks. Thus set of 15 head and tails- puzzles comes with 15 different animal’s image where the kids have to match both halves of the same animal.
It’s challenging and fun at the same time. Moreover, a kid can explore the animal world with this set of 15 puzzles and learn a lot more about the animal kingdom. The toddles can learn quickly and remind them also. It will make them a habit of problem-solving at an initial stage.
- It comes in 15 different animal images
- Two pieces of each animal are there in the puzzle
- Made of kid’s friendly material
- 8 options to choose from
- Easy to find and assemble
- It helps kids to focus, think also learn about new animals
- Excellent learning toy for smaller kids
- Kids can get bored after learning all the animals
Kids love gadgets. If you think your kid wants his own laptop just like his dad, then this laptop is a great idea. It helps the kid to learn the alphabet, animal names, numbers, and so much more. Moreover, the laptop has an in-built audio system, which makes the kid learn proper pronunciation.
It’s a perfect gift for your kids on their birthday. It is a smart gadget, which will draw the attention of a kid and will also make them learn a lot of things.
- It comes with a display
- It comes with a keyboard of 26 keys
- It has an in-built audio system
- Send and receive emails
- Suitable for kids of 3 years and up
- It helps to learn about animals and the alphabet
- Kids can sing songs
- Easy to carry
- Kids may not play with it for a long time
- Kids may damage the system
If you are finding a gift set for a growing kid, then this STEM learning building blocks might be an exciting gift. This toy set makes them use their brain on the right track to assemble something meaningful. It also comes with a guide book with 42 different shapes and construction ideas. There is a total of 163 pieces, and your kid can invite 5 of his friends to play. That means, not only honing their brains but also letting them socialize.
- Boosts imagination, problem-solving skills
- BPA, phthalates, cadmium, lead-free material
- Come with 163 pieces
- Comes with additional wheels and wrenches
- Six kids can play at a time
- This toy set makes a kid smarter and sharper
- It can be played in a group as well
- Made with kid’s friendly material
- The small parts can be choking
- Might get lost very easily
Kids are smarter than never, so the toys have to be smart enough to match their intelligence. This intelligent activity desk comes to switch a smart table and a stool for kids. In this desk, you can find a touch panel where there are alphabets, colors, numbers, and many more things that you can use to teach your kids.
Moreover, there is a music system, a light-up display, a toy phone, a chalkboard, and much more. It’s fantastic for kids who are at their growing age. It might be expensive, but it never lets a kid get bored.
- Comes with touch panel
- Comes with 100 vocabularies, 20 types of activities
- LCD and music system plays 20 different songs
- Suitable for 3 to 6-year-old kids
- Requires 4 AA battery
- A smarter way to learn for the kids
- Features too many various activities
- Increases child vocabulary
- Gives an idea on math, language, art, technology, etc
- The touch panel may get damaged if not taken proper care
Toddlers can learn better and a lot faster if things are in front of them always. This chart of alphabets, music, numbers, and other educational information can make the kid learn quickly and in a modern way. It is a perfect gift for a toddler who has started going to school or who is always curious. Not only learning, but they can also enjoy dancing and take part in a fun quiz.
- Once the chart includes most of the essential things
- This chart comes with colorful images
- Volume adjust button, repeat button
- Includes 20 kid’s favorite songs
- Pictures and colors make this quite interesting for kids
- Doesn’t take floor space
- Batteries are included
- Can get damaged easily
A smart device always grabs the attention of kids. This intelligent panel makes the kid learn to read and write at the same time. Also, this device comes with a smartpen, and that helps to write alphabets, numbers words on it, and the display screen that’ll show a prestige image to guide the child. Furthermore, the magnetic drawing board is a perfect gift for a toddler and can also be kept in a playschool. This device makes learning easy and smart.
- The set comes with a smart magnetic slate and pen
- There is a display screen to predict the letter
- Kids can use stamps to draw and write
- Learn to draw 26 objects with a step-by-step guide
- It requires 2AA batteries
- Suitable for 3 to 6-year-old kids
- Kids can memorize better with reading and writing at the same time
- A modern way of drawing, writing, and learning
- No harmful ink spillage
- This panel can ease the letter with a slide
3 Tips for Buying Best Educational Toys for 3-year-old
When you are buying a toy for a 3-year-old kid, safety should be your topmost priority. This is the time of teething. Their gum hurts, and they try to put everything in their mouth. So you have to keep two things in mind. Whether the material of the toy is safe for the kid and if the toy is made of small pieces, which can cause a choking hazard. It’s better to look for one part of toys that are unbearable.
Engagement is a crucial aspect of the toys of a 3-year-old child. Growing kids, especially toddlers, are inquisitive so, anything that they can solve very easily bores them. Before buying any sort of toy for your young ones, keep in mind that the toy is engaging. If you are buying things like puzzles, don’t just buy a single unit, try to buy a pack that consists of many puzzles.
The brain of a 3-year-old kid is at the beginning of the development process. This development process makes it the perfect time to develop qualities such as logic and reasoning. These qualities are something that is used by a person throughout his life. Kids age 3 years are most likely to solve anything you give them that also boosts confidence along with intelligence. A combination of increased confidence and good logic is excellent quality for a human being.
Apart from being the age of development of logic and reasoning, the age group of 3 to 10 is also quite useful for the development of creativity. You can’t say if your kid is a painter, musician, or artist unless and until you provide him proper types of equipment.
Before you buy any educational toy for your kid, make sure to get to know your kid’s area of interest. Also, you should expose him to all sorts of toys linked to the activities he or she feels connected with. After you know what your kid wants, you can provide him with more specific toys. If you still have trouble finding the toys from the above list, we have two quick and best-suited toys that suit almost any kid.
The very first toy that we suggest is the Flybar My First Foam Pogo Jumper as it’s of great quality material and foam, and is entirely safe for a kid. The second toy we would like to suggest is the Jasonwall aqua magic doodle mat, which can be an excellent company for a toddler. Also, it will help your kid learn a lot of things bu doodling and more.
Are you not convinced with the options above yet? Shoot us your requirements so we can help you out with better alternatives. Until then!