The Internet has revolutionized the playing scenario. Smart games and toys have changed the world of gaming. Today, Wii Sports games allow children to rejoice games with their friends, whereas it refreshes memories of adults. In this connected world, gaming consoles not only expand the definition of entertainment but also offers a unique playing experience.
When it comes to Wii Sports, there is seen a wide category of games such as golf, tennis, baseball, etc. For new gamers, it further comprises easy and simple playing rules. However, you should make certain to keep some crucial things in mind while playing Wii games:
- Distance from TV: While playing, maintain at least 3 feet distance from the TV. The maximum distance is 10 feet. It is better for eyes, and if in case the remote flies off your hand, chances of hitting the screen would be less.
- Safety: Make sure that all the players are playing safe and remind them not to hurt anyone during high-movement games.
- Sweaty hands: Avoid playing Wii Sports or high-other movement games with sweaty hands. Well, the reason behind this is that it may loosen the grip and hence, increase chances of Wii remote slipping out of your hands.
- Enough space: Make sure there is sufficient space in the room. You must ensure keeping valuable objects away from your reach. They could break if the Wii remote flies off your grip.
- Protection measures: Make sure you always use the remote’s safety strap and jacket. They are made for your protection.
Considering the above-given measures are kept in mind, here are our best 8 picks in Wii Sports games:
Top WII Sports Games: Reviews
Wii Sports is a collection of five mini-games that introduces players to Wii’s fun motion-sensitive controller. You will have to use a Wii remote to mimic the actions of hitting a ball with a tennis racket, golf club, or baseball bat. Moreover, this can be played with up to four players.
However, the single-player mode is equally fun where you play against the computer opponent. And hence, it’s on you to play it as a single-player or with multiple people.
- Activities promote healthy body movements
- Helps to learn fundamental elements of each game
- Simple and easy to learn controls
- Fosters cross-generational interaction
- Games come with excellent tutorials
- Easy for all ages to play
- A bit expensive
This is a long-awaited sequel to the award-winning Wii Sports (placed at the top in the list). It came with 12 categories of sports to explore, play, and have fun with them. Also, you can play archery, Frisbee, bowling, golf, basketball, and table tennis. You can even enjoy air and water sports, such as flying a plane, skydiving, wakeboarding, power cruising, cycling, canoeing, and swordplay. Moreover, all these games are associated with arm play.
What sets this game apart is the ease by which players of different abilities can play. For newbies, there are easy levels, while gaming veterans can play difficult levels. Also, players during their initial days can turn ‘Automatic Control,’ which allows them to simply use arm movements to play.
- Introduces kids to several sports that they have never tried in the real world like wakeboarding, canoeing, archery, etc.
- It is fun to play with a lot of friends.
- Suitable for all age groups.
- Graphics are less appealing
- Playing alone is not that fun
Another game hitting on our list is NFL Electric Football that gives you a perfect introduction to ‘Electric Football’. The complete set of this game includes a speeding turf playing field, conference logo stickers, field drive motion generator, action remote, football team figures, and other parts with assembly instructions.
Moreover, you can customize your NFL team logos. This electric football allows you to call football plays.
- 85 piece set includes everything you need to play.
- New invisibase cleat technology to send players wherever you want them to go.
- It develops interpersonal skills
- This is an excellent way to learn football with one to four players.
- The field drive motion generator power your plays.
- It is suitable for 8-year old children or above.
- Less durable
- Batteries are not long-lasting.
You worked all day in the office and now reached home tired; you are going to need something that can refresh you. What else can be a better option than getting a Wii Play if you already own a Nintendo? The classic games present in this package will keep you entertained for hours. The games present on Wii Play don’t require much physical activity. Moreover, you will need to play by sitting in one place only.
- The games are compatible with Wii remote and Wii U.
- You will be able to enjoy it more if you are playing in friends’ mode. This will enact a kind of competition.
- As the games are not the hardcore type, you can also gift this to kids or to the people of any age.
- If you are easily bored, you may find the games very easy and feel there is no challenge.
- It is on the expensive side and hence, it’s better to get this product at a discount.
The focus of these games is primarily to give something to everyone. Nintendo is successfully able to do that where you will find these games to be the best entertainer in a family or friends gathering. The Wii sports game requires a remote, and you will need to be in a lot of physical activity. The game also offers good graphics, and you will also be able to compete with your friends.
- The games are also compatible with Wii as well as Wii U consoles along with the Nintendo ones.
- The product is one of the great gift options if the person is interested in games like boxing, bowling, tennis, etc.
- The black color and the polymer construction give it a much premium look.
This game set can be considered as an upgraded version of Wii Sports. The games that you will get here are volleyball, dodgeball, hockey, etc. Also, the games present in this package are great entertainers, and you will find them very easy to use.
Furthermore, the Mario sports mix is also for everyone that will also be able to play with your kids. The Mario games are the classic ones and create good nostalgia, which will help you relive some memories.
- All the basic Nintendo elements are present on the game, and you will be able to multiply the fun by getting coins, special gifts, etc. that you will be able to use in the games.
- Each character present in the game comes with a unique move that the opponent won’t be able to tackle.
- The pricing is also totally worth your money.
- The quality can be better overall
The gaming set comes with a good FIFA game that allows you to get a very good time with your friends and family. There are also various times when you will see the game to be best optimized for the Wii consoles. Also, you will also get a good control/settings menu to configure the game according to you.
- Thanks to the touchscreen functionality, you will be able to tap the opponent and then apply the tackling measures.
- The shooting part in the games also gives you a satisfying feel where Wii calls it Shake and Shoot.
- You can also set it up with a gaming console and then play using a remote.
- The controls provided by Wii can be a bit improved. There are many elements where you tend to miss the opponent.
- The pricing is also a bit high in regard to the limited functionality.
One of the very classic games, Madden NFL 13 is the one that makes certain that you get a full package. There are various aspects provided to you by Wii, where you will get good graphics. Moreover, there are also various improvements that are seen to be improved in terms of gameplay. The details can be seen in the pros and cons section below.
- The Wii can be connected to the console, and then to the TV, you can then play using the Wii remote.
- The games will also not need any internet connection. All the games are offline played, where you will also be able to play in the multiplayer mode.
- The game is suitable for all age groups and hence, a great gift option to kids of any age.
- Player names present that are not even playing in that team.
Buying Guide: Things to consider while purchasing the products
After a detailed analytical review of the five Wii games, it’s time for the users to understand the technicalities. There are various things that you need to go through to get the best experience. Certain things to look at while buying one for them are:
The price of these games is generally very high, and you shouldn’t invest in the games that you are not going to play. There is a whole range of games from where you can choose.
As per your likings, there is a whole range of games that can be measured on a scale of easy to hard. Also, you should get the one that suits you and not bore you very easily. There are also some games that are pretty hard and will keep you engaged for long hours.
Each Wii game comes with a bit different design and shape of the console. We recommend you to actually take the console in hand and try to play it before buying so that you can get better ergonomics.
Finally, we know that Wii games are making huge sparks in the gaming industry. Though these games are fun to play it is harder to find them in your local retail store. Before purchasing Wii game products you should keep the following factors in mind:
- It should be known that the Wii already comes with a nun-chuck. Many retailers may fool you into buying a nun-chuck.
- The safety strap and jacket are not made for fashion. They are meant for protection. So, forget not to use them for safe play.
Parents should know that Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort is an excellent compilation of virtual sports games that can be played by all age groups. To enjoy Wii sports to its core, there should be enough space in the room to move and swing your arms. Children may avoid sword fights in the Wii sports resort because it simply includes whacking other avatars with a sword.
Although this can be played with others, it is still fun when played alone. That is why they have bagged first and second choice in the list of best Wii games. Overall these games are a complete package of fun and entertainment. It is perfect for families, great for beginners, and popular at parties. Even people, who are poor in playing video games, can play and still have fun.