The Wii games are a smash hit with gamers all over the world. Especially in the USA, people are still a fan of Wii even after fourteen years of its release. There are 1242 Wii games available in North America, and each one is fantastic in its own right.
The choice of selecting a game is very personal. And each player might have a different choice. However, you should always keep the following two factors in mind before purchasing a Wii game:
- Suitability– Always look at the ESRB rating of the game of your choice. It tells whether a game is appropriate for the age of the player or not. Also, consider the difficulty level of the game; because, if you give a game that is too difficult to a beginner or a game that is too easy to a skilled player, they will soon get bored.
- Space Availability– Nintendo Wii games take up way more space than an average game. If you have a space shortage, then choose a Wii game that can be played in limited space.
Within such a wide array of games, it might be challenging to choose the best Wii game for yourself or your child. For this purpose, we have come up with a Buying Guide that will help you to make up your mind.
We have also made a list of the ten best Wii games that we think are the best creations of Nintendo.
Have a look.
Best Games for Wii in 2020
|Wii Games||ESRB Rating||Multiplayer Mode||Category/Genre||Best Controller||Buy Now|
|Just Dance 2020 - Nintendo Wii Standard Edition||E (10+) –Everyone||4 Players||Rhythm||Wii Remote||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|New Super Mario Bros||E–Everyone||4 Players||Platform||Wii remote sideways||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Mario Kart Wii||E–Everyone||4 Players||Racing||Wii remote + Nunchuk|
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Wii Sports (Nintendo Selects)||E (10+) –Everyone||4 players|
*2 players for boxing
|Sports||Wii remote + Nunchuk||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Super Smash Bros. Brawl||T–Teen||4 players||Fighting||GameCube controller,|
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Go Vacation - Nintendo Wii||E–Everyone||4 players||Minigames, Sports||Wii Remote, Wii Zapper Gun, Wii Balance Board||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Nintendo Selects: Super Mario All-Stars||E–Everyone||2 players||Platform, compilation||Wii remote + Nunchuk, Sideways Wii remote||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing||E (10+) –Everyone||4 players||Racing||Wii Remote, Wii Wheel, Classic Controller Pro||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Super Mario Galaxy 2||E–Everyone||2 players||Platform||Wii Remote + Nunchuk||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7||E (10+) –Everyone||2 players||Action-Adventure||Wii Remote||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Top Wii Games: Reviews
When it comes to the best Wii game, Just Dance 2020 edition stands right there on top! Just Dance is one of the longest-running series of Nintendo. The 2020 version has some added soundtracks that will make you groove even more.
It has a Kids mode with simple routines. It also has an online dancefloor that ranks you against players around the world on particular songs.
It is the best Wii game that you can play to add life to your parties. Just follow the steps, the console will register it and mark you accordingly.
- Forty new tracks
- Up to four players can play
- Has a Kids mode with an easy routine
- You can see your rank against all other online players
- Journey through ten planets and unlock new tracks
- The new tracks of the 2020 edition are electrifying
- You can measure your score against other online players
- Separate Adult and Kids mode
- It will improve your dance skills
- Limited songs. You will have to pay extra bucks to have access to a wide library of tracks
We cannot possibly make a list of the best Wii console games without including the Super Mario Bros. This video game is a classic platform that focuses on coin collection and slaying enemies.
The multiplayer mode supports two to four players. It displays a superb blend of cooperation and combination. In the multiplayer mode, you can help your fellow player in the game or toss them into danger.
The latest addition of a propeller suit makes it all the more thrilling. Once you are into the suit, you can toss the Wiimote and send enemies flying just by walking around like a boss.
- Classic 2D graphics
- Multiplayer mode supports four persons
- Wii platform game of coin collection
- The new update has the propeller suit
- Ranking after each game
- Superb graphics
- The addictive game will keep you engaged for hours
- The multiplayer mode with Co-op feature is fun
- Playable characters are Mario, Luigi, and Toads
- Levels can be pretty difficult for some new gamers
According to us, the third-best Nintendo Wii game too is from the super-hit Mario franchise. Race your way to the top of all the thirty-two exciting racing tracks that this game has to offer.
Watch the mascot character of Super Mario hop into a go-cart and move by crashing or dodging obstacles. This particular game requires a certain level of dexterity and is not for amateurs.
You can drive a wide range of carts: 50cc, 100cc, and 150cc. To make matters more exciting, the game gives you an option to ride bikes. You can either use a combination of Wii Remote and Nunchuck or use the Wii wheel to be ahead of your competitors.
- Control the go-cart with Wii Remote or steer it with Wii wheel
- Thirty-two separate tracks
- Battle mode
- You can play single player or multi-player (with up to 4 players)
- Good graphics
- An array of track and car options
- Engaging game for a fairly standard level of difficulty
- Some reviewers think that the AI for single-player mode is not up to the mark
- Might be difficult for beginners
This is the ideal Wii game to step into the gaming zone. If you are new to the world of gaming, then Wii sports is your thing.
The CD has five games: tennis, boxing, golf, baseball, and bowling. You can obviously customize your Mii character or feel more or less like a sports pro yourself. If you are new to this world, don’t worry; the game has ample training sessions that you can take part in.
The game supports multiplayer mode. Four out of five sports support four players. Only in boxing, a maximum of two players can take part. You can as well play this game online and compete with your friends.
- Has a total of five sports: bowling, golf, tennis, baseball, and boxing
- You can play solo or multiplayer
- Most games support up to 4 persons in multiplayer mode
- Simple and fun
- Exciting games for everyone above ten years
- Variety of games packed into one
- Training sessions make the sports easier for non-gamers
- Advance level players might lose interest after playing a few times
If you are a full-on super Nintendo fan, then you will not want to miss out on this. A wide number of characters appear in this game from the Nintendo world. The unpredictability of their appearances makes this game a smash hit.
You can choose to play in the multiplayer mode, which can connect up to four players. However, you will need a Wi-Fi connection for this. The players can be located anywhere. Or you can go solo into the subspace emissary and combat the unpredictable in the Nintendo world.
The game is for average to advanced level gamers. It has superb graphics and fun features that will keep you hooked.
- Supports both solo and multiplayer mode
- You can pick the character and location of your choice
- The game connects to other players via wi-fi
- In the multiplayer mode, up to four persons can play
- Highly customizable options
- Very engaging multiplayer mode
- Fantastic graphics
- The appearance of a wide number of characters from the Nintendo world
- To register attacks better, you might have to invest in a GameCube controller
- We think that the subspace emissary can be repetitive after a few gaming sessions
This is one of the best Wii games, according to us, as you can play this relaxing game with your entire family. Go Vacation features four exotic locations where you can choose to build your villa and take a pet to just chill in the location.
The game is E rated by ESRB and is suitable for everyone. You can either play solo or with your entire family/friends. It can support up to four persons when you turn on the multi-player mode.
Here you get seventeen fun activities to participate in. The most loved sports are scuba diving, golfing, surfing, gliding, and carnival games. Take a snap of your Mii avatar’s activity and send it to a friend for more fun.
You can augment your gaming experience by employing any of the several compatible controllers, like the Wii Zapper gun and Balance Board.
- Has seventeen games
- Exotic Kawawii island location with four different locales
- ESRB E rated
- Multiplayer mode supports four persons
- Suitable for all and simple to play
- Exotic islands have good graphics
- Variety of activities keep boredom away
- Might not appeal to advanced gamers
If you grew up playing Super Mario Bros and love it to bits, then you will have to have this particular gaming CD in your collection. It has a compilation of four super Mario games in one. This game CD is a super affordable way to lay your hands on all four games!
The CD Contains:
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3
The first game, i.e., Super Mario Bros, supports only solo mode. All the other three games have a multiplayer mode that supports two players. However, the downside here is that the players can play alternately, not at the same time.
- The Game CD has four super Mario games in it
- Three of the four games support multiplayer mode
- Classic graphics and gameplay
- ESRB E rated(everyone)
- Four games in one CD
- Games have a multiplayer mode
- Affordable and Value for money
- The CD offers nothing new. All the original games are as it is.
- In the multiplayer mode, only one player can play at a time
Sit behind the wheels and compete against Sonic and other SEGA characters in this All-star Racing game. You can play this game solo or invite up to three friends to compete against each other in split-screen action. You can as well choose to go online and compete against eight players for the ultimate racing showdown.
The racing tracks are laid down the lush rain forest, medieval castle, and bustling cities. There are hidden tracks for shortcuts where you can find weapons to beat your competitors. The addition of specific All-Star moves like Banana Blitz, Tails Tornado, Super Sonic, etc., makes it one of the best Wii games of all time.
- ESRB E rated (10+), comic mischief and cartoon violence
- The racing game lets you compete against SEGA characters
- Specific individual moves: Supersonic, Banana Blitz, etc.
- Multiplayer mode supports up to four players.
- The online tournament supports up to eight players
- Racing vehicle includes cars, planes, and motorbikes
- You can customize your vehicle
- Hidden shortcuts and weapons
- Cost-effective Wii gaming CD
- The graphics could be better. We think that it is too dark in some places
The super Mario Galaxy 2 is one of the best contenders for the top Wii games of all time. The Mario legacy, combined with inventive gameplay design, has made it very popular among gamers.
The Galaxy 2 makes it to our list instead of the Super Mario Galaxy because, in this version, Nintendo has done some excellent fixing, a weak point, in the original galaxy game.
Even in terms of difficulty, this one poses a better challenge along with several added levels than the rest. Several other powerups like Dash Pepper and Blimp Fruit makes it a must-have in your collection.
A second character can join in the game, but it is more of a helper than anything else. It ranks towards the bottom of our list as the multiplayer mode is a bit of disappointment.
- ESRB E rated (Everyone)
- Run, fly, and jump across galaxies
- Supports up to two persons in multiplayer mode
- Features new levels and powerups
- Impressive and imaginative game design
- Interesting and suitable both for gamers and non-gamers
- Several powerups gears up the gaming experience
- Multiplayer mode is a disappointment
This is the best Wii game for all Potterheads out there. Experience Harry’s life from the fifth year (Order of the Phoenix) to the final year (Deathly Hallows) in Hogwarts.
Take sixteen different lessons and learn spells and charms to venture through the story. Through this game, you can master skills to defeat the deadly death eaters. There are over eighty different characters that you will encounter throughout this game. It also has a co-op mode that lets you play with another friend.
This Wii game takes you on a nostalgic journey and brings the Harry Potter Magic to life all over again!
- Gameplay includes 24 story lines and 16 lessons
- Eight characters from Harry Potter show up during the game
- Realistic cinematic graphics
- Action-packed game
- Includes a host of characters from the film
- Ample of learning lessons
- Locations like Grimmauld Place, Godric’s Hollow add a magical touch
- The Lego avatar compromises the feel of the game
- You might encounter some glitches while playing
Things to Consider While Purchasing the Product
If you are searching for the Best Wii games, then you must take a detailed look at the factors that are of immense importance while purchasing:
1.The ESRB Rating
ESRB stands for the Entertainment Software Rating Board. This board decides the content of the games that are appropriate for different ages. So, if you are buying a Wii game for your child, the first thing you will have to make sure is that the game is appropriate.
Have a look at the box of the game. The ERRB rating is given right there on top. Here is what each of the ratings means:
- E: Everyone
- E (10+): Everyone above the age of 10
- T: Teen games
- M: Game is for persons above 17 years
- A: Adults only (18+)
- RP: Rating Pending
2. Average Playtime
We know that some games are superb and too addictive to let go. So, you should have a look at the average playtime of the game. Whether you are a child or an adult, getting too engrossed in the virtual world will not do you any good.
So, do have a look at the time each level takes to complete. If a game has levels that will take a long time for completion, you might want to stay away from that game. Several researches show that spending between one to one and a half hours on video games can be healthy. However, if a game requires you to invest way more time, it sure won’t do much good to you.
3. Difficulty Level
The difficulty level of a Wii Game is an essential factor to consider while purchasing it. If you are buying it for your little kid, then you might want to stick to games that are relatively easier to play. However, if you are searching for the best Wii game for adults with commendable skills, you should pick a game that has an advanced difficulty level.
The bottom line is, take the age and skills of the gamer into consideration while buying a Wii game.
4. Space Availability
The Nintendo Wii console will not take up much space in your apartment. But you might still want to free some space up if you are thinking of exploring the Wii world.
Some Wii games require much more space than others. So, if you have a space crunch, then you might like to stay away from dancing and fitness games, as they can take up a whole room if you plan to play with your friends. However, you can still buy most of the sports and racing games that Wii has to offer.
5. Price factor
Wii games can range between 20 dollars to 250 dollars. We have listed some of the best Wii games that are between 30 to 60 dollars. But if you want to save some bucks, then the CDs that have compilations and minigames are good deals to settle for.
Do you have a favorite from this list? If yes, then congratulations, you have nearly made up your mind about which Wii game is the best for you. If no, then have a look at the buying guide. It will surely aid you in choosing the best game.
If you want to know our top picks, then at the first position shall be Just Dance 2020. This game lets you groove, lose weight, and have fun. Although it has an ESRB rating ‘T,’ but there is a Kids mode that lets little children enjoy this game too. Our second favorite game is New Super Mario Bros. It has the same classic Mario graphics with some added features that make it one of the best in the league.
In case your choice of game is not on this list, let us know by commenting below. Also, do not forget to cite why you love the game. We love reading your feedback and might add the game to our revised list based on your suggestion.
If you have any questions regarding any of the games on this list, then comment below. We will answer you as soon as we can.