Great return gifts are one of the ways to make your baby’s birthday a hit. Besides, it falls under the realm of courtesy. When it comes to return gifts, kids aren’t very picky. They generally seem to like whatever is given to them.
Although choosing return gifts is a relatively easier thing. But you can be sure that if you give a nail cutter as a party favor, neither the children nor their parents would be too happy about it. So, there are a few things that you should keep in mind to make the kids happy.
Keep it Fancy– Babies like all things that are cool and colorful. So, include return gifts in the goodie bag that your baby’s friend can show off to their classmates. You will score extra points if your gift helps in children’s development. For this, you do not need to go overboard with your budget. There are a lot of pretty reasonable options. Just look for them in the right place.
Keep it Age Appropriate– Your baby’s classmates are very likely to be of his or her age. But if you plan on inviting children from the neighborhood, then you should take note of their age. Some are likely to be a couple of years older than your child. In these cases, you will have to buy two types of return gifts. However, you can also buy gifts that are fun for younger as well as older children, like LED rings, bands, craft kits, etc.
Keep it Theme Related– If you are planning a theme party, then buy return gifts that are related to the theme. If there is no theme for the birthday party, you can pick out birthday favors that complement the theme of the cake. However, this is not mandatory. But sure, it makes the birthday party look better.
Now that you kind of know what you are looking for, take a look at the thirteen best return gifts for your baby’s birthday party. These gifts are cool, exciting, and affordable. Also, you can check out our buying guide that tells you exactly what factors you should consider before buying birthday return gifts.
Best Return Gifts for Kids in 2020
Best Return Gifts for Baby Birthday Party: Reviews
The birthday party of your baby will be a hit when you hand out these cute LED rings as return gifts. The set contains a pack of 36 pieces of LED jelly light up rings in 9 different colors. Just buy a single set of this super value pack, and you will have enough for a party.
- Suitable for babies above 3 years of age
- Set contains 36 pieces of rings
- The rings have LED lights in them
- 9 different colors
- Rings are cartoon animal-themed
- Light-up button under the ring
- One size fits all
- Nontoxic material
- Safe for babies
- 9 different shapes in 9 colors
- Jelly rings stretch depending on the finger width
- Value for money
- Easy on/off switch
- The rings can have a strong smell
Babies love all things that are unique and have an air of mystery. A spy pen with invisible ink will certainly be a thrill among your baby’s friends. Kids can write the message and then flash the light at the back of the pen to make it visible. Each pen has individual packaging to make it more special.
- The set comes in a package for 24 pieces
- Pens are in 4 different colors
- Invisible ink becomes visible under the light on pen’s back
- Individual packaging
- Suitable for kids above 3 years of age
- Interesting return gifts
- special individual packaging
- Bright colors attract the babies
- Pens can work on any surface
- Sometimes the light of a few pens can turn out to be defective
This is one of the best birthday favors that you can hand out to your baby’s friends on your kid’s birthday. The LED bracelets have three modes. All you have to do is tap the on/off switch for changing the mode. The pack has 24 pieces in three different colors— red, blue, and green.
- Three modes—continuous blinking, quick blinking and color switch
- Buckle closure
- 3 different color bracelets
- Spinning top design with gems
- Batteries included in the bracelets
- Two buckles for adjusting wrist thickness
- Bright LED lights grab babies’ interests easily
- Fun and affordable party favors
- The gems on the spinner can fall off
- Changing the battery can be a challenge
A glass of neon slime can be the best return gift for your baby’s birthday. Children can play with this slime for hours without getting bored. These are also great for developing imagination and creative thinking. These come in four different colors and glow in the dark.
- The set contains a pack of 12 slimes
- Slime comes in individual container glass with lids
- 4 different colors—orange, blue, green and yellow
- Suitable for babies who are older than 3 years
- Encourages babies to think creatively
- Glow in the dark slime is attractive to babies
- Playing with it reduces irritability
- Individual packaging with lids
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor play
- The slimes are not too glowy
- Picks up substance if your babies put it on dirt
If you want to induce critical thinking in babies, then this jigsaw puzzle got to be the best return gift on your child’s birthday. The set contains 12 vehicle themed puzzles. Super chic individual organza bag makes it easier to hand these out to kids at the party.
- The toy set contains a pack of 12 jigsaw puzzles
- Individual organza bag packaging with drawstring
- Jigsaw puzzles are car themed
- Each puzzle board in 5.75 x 5.75 inch
- Great party favors for 3 to 7 years kids
- Round corners are safe for babies
- Colorful and bright puzzle
- Made with thin cardboard
If you are looking for an affordable birthday favor that will be loved by kids and their parents alike, then you can buy these teddy bear stackable pencils. The pencils come in a pack of 12. It is a superb return gift that you can get for just a little over 50 cents.
- The pack contains 12 pieces of stackable pencil
- Size of each pencil is 4.75 inches
- Each pencil has five leads
- Color teddy bear shape pencils
- Helps in education
- Does not require sharpening
- Very pocket-friendly return gift
- Suitable for kids of all ages
- The writing is not too dark
Make your baby’s birthday bash more fun with these party favors. Toddlers can look through the viewfinder of this toy camera. Clicking the shutter button changes the images. The cameras are in bright colors and come in a pack of 12.
- Each set contains 12 pieces of camera
- Brightly colored cameras have peephole and shutter button
- Clicking shutter button changes the images
- This gift is suitable for toddlers above 3 years
- Good for developing the fine motor skills of babies
- Bright colored cameras have cartoon embossing
- Wrist bands secure the grip
- Plastic quality is not up to the mark
- A bit expensive for the quantity in the package
You will earn big points with your baby’s friends and their parents if you give them this doodle board as return gifts. These are not only fun for the babies but also helps the environment by saving up paper consumption. These birthday favors encourage toddlers to be creative. They can spend hours scribbling, drawing, and writing on these doodle boards. The magic board wiper keeps things fun and quick.
- Set contains 24 pcs of doodle boards
- Variety of colorful board rims
- The dimensions of each board are 6 x 6 inches
- Includes magnetic pen
- Pencils are attached by a string
- Encourages kid’s imagination and education
- Saves paper
- Keeps things quick and fun
- No major con
Children often love to pretend like playing the role of an explorer or a discoverer. Your baby’s birthday party will be a hit if you put one of these binoculars in the goodie bag. The pack contains 12 pieces of colorful binoculars with neck strings. These are perfect for encouraging kids to observe and explore. It is also a great prop for pretend-playing.
- The pack contains 12 pieces binoculars
- Yellow, blue and green binocular bodies
- Each binocular has a neck string
- Made from non-toxic plastic
- Suitable for kids above 3 years of age
- Enhances observation
- Safe for babies
- Neck string prevents losing the toy
- Variety of colors
- Good toy for pretend playing
- Not suitable for rough handling
If you are searching for the best party favor bags to stuff all the assorted goodies in, then here it is. These colorful bags look adorable with cute animal prints on them. The return gift bags have a drawstring closure, which is easy for babies to open. These are reusable bags that kids at the party will surely love.
- 12 pieces of party favor goodie bags
- Colorful zoo themed bags
- Drawstring closure
- High-quality bag material
- Kids can easily open it
- Reusable bag
- Drawstrings are not sturdy
If you do not want to strain your brain by assorting goodies as return gifts on your baby’s birthday, then this is your best option. You get 12 pieces of colorful sunglasses, 12 pieces of whistles, and 12 bracelets. To make things more convenient for you, the pack includes 12 cool pouches as well. Just place the goodies in the pouches and hand it to the kids. And you are done!
- The pack contains —12 sunglasses, 12 whistles with spiral bands, 12 bracelets with emojis
- 12 black pouches come separately along with this set
- Bracelets are non-toxic and safe for skin
- size of each sunglass is 5.2×1.8
- Very affordable
- No need for brainstorming
- Fun goodies that are safe for kids
- Pouches for individual packaging
- Wristbands and glasses can be small for toddlers above 4 years
These craft kits make superb return gifts, especially if your baby’s birthday party is art themed. Kids would enjoy some creative time with these. The kit is completely safe for toddlers and just requires peeling and pasting. They are colorful, fun, developmental, and creative. This 3D kit is something you definitely want to buy if you want to make the best birthday favor goodie bag.
- The pack contains 12 pieces of art and kraft kit
- Each piece has a different design
- EVA material is safe for babies
- Easily peels and separates
- Develops children’s psychomotor skills
- Safe material
- Creative way of spending time
- Craft does not require scissors
- Each kit is packed separately
- Some pieces do not peel off easily
This pack of jewelry set is perfect as a birthday favor for your baby girl’s party — the set contains 12 pieces of necklaces and 12 pieces or bracelets. Among the 12 jewelry set, 4 have pearl strings, and the rest have funky rainbow color beads. This return gift will make you the favorite uncle or aunty in the neighborhood who gives the best party gifts.
- The gift pack contains 12 necklaces and 12 bracelets
- You can pack them up in little teal pouches that come along
- Made with non-toxic plastic
- Perfect return gifts for little girls
- Colorful beads will cheer up the party
- Safe for babies
- Pouches for special packaging
- Some customers said that the necklace cord snaps
5 Things to Consider before Buying Return Gifts for Your baby’s Birthday
Babies are sensitive. They have strong likes and dislikes. So, there are a few things that you might like to consider before buying return gifts for your baby’s birthday.
You can either choose to hand out one single gift to the kids at the party. Or you can even make a goodie bag as a birthday favor. No matter what you do, keep the following things in mind before buying return gifts for the birthday of your baby.
Age Group of Birthday Party Attendees
This is the first thing to consider. Gifts should always be appropriate for the age. If attendees are about two years of age, look for return gifts suitable for two years. If children at the party are, look for party favors for older children. However, there are a few gifts like glowy cartoon rings and party bracelets for kids that kids of all ages enjoy. You can buy this type of gifts that will be loved by all.
Safety Comes First
You don’t want to be that aunt or uncle who is held accountable for giving kids hazardous gifts. You should always double-check that the return gifts have no sharp edges, does not require the use of sharp objects, or pose a choking hazard for babies. Another thing to keep in mind is whether the gift is made with safe material. You might want to look for tags that say non-toxic, BPA free, phthalate-free, etc.
Price of the Return Gifts
Being parents, you would want your baby’s birthday bash to be a hit among his or her friends. But you will have to look at the budget too. To keep the fun factor high and the cost factor low, we advise you to buy return gifts in packs. There are ample of them available. We also have listed thirteen of the best return gifts for you that are affordable.
Pack Goodie Pack vs. Single Birthday Favor
Observing various children over the decade, we think that kids are more into quantity than quality or price. As long as you keep things fun and colorful, kids are going to enjoy it. Babies do not think of the price tag. So, making a goodie bag containing an assortment of multiple little gifts is a pretty good option. However, you can also choose to hand out single return gifts to your baby’s friends. But it will be better to buy a gift that babies would enjoy using, wearing, or playing with.
Packaging Matters a Lot
Whether you give a set of goodies or a single gift as a birthday favor, it is better to pack it in a bag. There are two reasons behind it. First, it will make the children feel more special. Second, they might otherwise lose the return gifts. So, do not forget to buy a pretty packing bag so that babies can carry the gifts home without losing them.
If you are planning to buy gifts from this list, congratulations, you have made a great choice. We have created this list after thorough research on what kinds of gifts are popular with toddlers.
However, if you have invited a host of kids of various age groups to your baby’s birthday bash, you might want a few gifts that will be loved by kids varied age groups. So, here are a few of our picks:
- 3D Creativity Art and Craft Kits
- VOVRU Invisible Ink Pen 24Pcs Spy Pen
- Boley 24 Piece Doodle Board Set
We can assure you that the inclusion of one or all of these will be well-received by the children. These gifts are also pretty affordable.
If you have planned your kid’s birthday before and know other gifts that are as affordable and fun, then comment below. We would love to incorporate more return gift options based on your recommendations.