A gamer’s quest for the best game never ends. With all the fabulous new launches and the existing mass-favorites, finding the best Nintendo Wii game can feel like treading in a labyrinth! And you are one among thousands of people who feel this way. However, if you want to know a sure-shot path to pick up the best game, then keep the following three points in mind:
- Preference of Category– You would already know that the Nintendo Wii games have different categories like Platform, Activity, Minigames, Sports, Action, etc. Choosing a game from the preferred genre is a sure-shot way to buy a game that you will like. You might feel tempted to experiment, but in that case, you might as well be disappointed.
- Difficulty Level- You would know your gaming skills the best. If you are a player with a beginner skill level, you might want to pick a relatively easier game. If you have better skills, then choose a game with a higher difficulty level.
- Controller Requirement– Most of the Nintendo Wii games can be played with the Wii Remote/Nunchuk. But some have a requirement for a special accessory. Before buying a game, always look at which Wii controllers are compatible with the game.
After consulting the above-mentioned points, we feel that you are quite ready to shop for the best Nintendo Wii game. If you still feel a little confused, give the Buying Guide section a thorough read.
After days of testing many games ourselves and reading customer reviews, we have come up with the eight best Nintendo Wii games. Our list covers a wide category of games, and we are sure that you will find something of your liking here.
Best Nintendo Wii Games
|Nintendo Wii Games||ESRB Rating||Multiplayer Mode||Category/Genre||Best Controller||Buy Now|
|Wii Fit Game||E(everyone)||Single-Player||Activity||Wii Balance Board||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Just Dance 2020 - Nintendo Wii Standard Edition||E (10+) –Everyone||Up to 4 players||Rhythm, Activity||Wii Remote||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|New Super Mario Bros||E(everyone)||Up to 4 players||Platform||Wii remote sideways||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Mario Kart Wii||E(everyone)||Up to 4 players||Racing||Wii remote/Nunchuk,|
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Go Vacation||E(everyone)||Up to 4 players||Minigames, Sports||Wii Remote, Wii Zapper Gun, Wii Balance Board||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Mario Party 9||E(everyone)||Up to 4 players||Board, Mini-Game||Wii Remote||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing||E (10+) –Everyone||Up to 4 players||Racing||Wii Remote, Wii Wheel||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Super Mario Galaxy 2||E(everyone)||Up to 2 players||Platform||Wii Remote/Nunchuk||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Top Nintendo Wii Games: Reviews
The Wii Fit is an activity-based game from the house of Nintendo. It is best for people who lack the motivation to exercise. With the Nintendo Wii fit, you will be able to track and lose weight easily. However, to put this game to effective use, you will have to invest in a Wii balance board separately.
The fitness board connects to the CD and can support a maximum weight of 300 pounds. This Nintendo Wii game has over forty activities to take part in. This game measures your weight and keeps you active. It will track your progress and motivate you to lead a healthier life. It features has Yoga, balance games, aerobics, and strength training.
The game motivates the players with rewards. The more you exercise, the more coins will get deposited in your fitness bank. With these coins, you can unlock new levels.
- ESRB Rating: E
- Features forty activity-based games
- Requires Wii Balance board
- Body test calculates BMI and assesses balance control
- Games include Yoga, strength training, aerobics, and balance games
- Motivates players to lose weight
- Tracks weight
- Various activity to choose from
- Enhances body strength for better and more intense workouts
- The game does not have a multiplayer mode
If you like to groove more than anything else in this world, then the Nintendo Wii JD 2020 is perhaps the best game. You can go solo or play this game with your friends in the multiplayer mode. The more accurate moves the sensor bar registers, the more stars you get. It has forty electrifying tracks to which you can dance. Just dance your way to the top and enjoy life to the fullest!
It has a special mode for kids with simpler steps. We think it to be one of the best Nintendo Wii games as this game is for everyone. Teens, adults, and kids can play it.
- ESRB Rating: E (10+)
- 40 new tracks
- Eight special tracks for kids
- Multiplayer and single-player modes
- Multiplayer mode can accommodate up to 4 players
- Ranks your performance against other online players
- Special planetary journey mode for unlocking new tracks
- Game is suitable for all ages above 10
- Good soundtrack selection
- It has a limited number of tracks. You will have to shell out extra money to unlock new tracks
This Super Mario Bros is one of the best-selling Nintendo Wii games. You can play it in solo mode or against your friends. It features both co-op and competitive play as well. In the game, you can help your friends or put them in danger. The multiplayer mode has four slots, and the playable characters are Mario, Luigi, and two toads.
This platformer game is a coin collecting one where the player who has defeated the greatest number of enemies and collected the maximum coin wins. You can get powerups all along your way that gives you a massive advantage. The new edition of the game has a propeller suit that can send all adversaries in your way flying up in the sky!
- ESRB Rating: E
- The game has eight worlds and eighty levels
- Single and multiplayer modes
- Multiplayer mode has four slots
- Special coin battle mode
- Multiple modes
- Playable characters are Mario, Luigi, and two toads
- Co-op feature is fun
- Addition of propeller suit
- Variety of worlds and loads of levels
- Some of the levels are very challenging
Love racing? If so, then get behind the wheels and race against an array of characters from the Mario world. You can play this Nintendo Wii game in single-player mode, or you can invite friends over for a blast!
Hop into a go-cart and perform wheelies and flip your cart at the flick of your Wiimote. To add more thrill, invest in a Wii Wheel for the best fast-paced action. You get the options of 50cc, 100cc, and the 150cc carts to choose from. You will need at least intermediate gaming skills to play this game.
- ESRB Rating: E
- 32 exciting tracks for racing
- Single-player and multiplayer modes
- Multiplayer mode has four slots
- Offers choice for vehicles
- Suitable for all ages
- You can pull stunts with your go-carts
- This Nintendo game has 32 tracks to choose from
- Various modes
- The AI for single-player mode can be better
Relax and do fun activities with the Nintendo Go vacation Wii game. The background of this game is the splendid Kawawii island, where there are four exotic locations. The Wii game has about seventeen activities you can take part in. Games include— jet skis, play beach volleyball, surf, scuba dive, miniature golf, skydive, horseback riding, Carnival Games, and much more.
This CD contains an array of Minigames that you can play by yourself or ask your friends and family to join in. In this Nintendo game, you can also build a villa and send snaps to your friends. This Wii game offers a real vacation in the virtual world!
- ESRB Rating: E
- Supports single-player and multiplayer modes
- Four players can play in the multiplayer modes
- CD has seventeen minigames
- A variety of activities to participate in
- Vivid graphics
- Good game choice to play with friends and family
- The minigames are too simple to keep players engaged for long
This is one of the best Nintendo Wii games under the board-game category. In Mario Party 9, four players play on the board and combat against enemies like Bowser, King Boo, etc. Players get a special car to travel across the board. Each player can take a turn being the captain of the cart. Every level in this Nintendo game ends in a boss battle. You can as well play this game in the solo mode. The CD also includes eighty fun minigames for added fun.
- ESRB Rating: E
- Four players can play in multiplayer mode
- The game supports Solo Mode
- In Multiplayer Mode, players take a turn for captainship
- It has Eighty Minigames
- Minigames have five categories- free for all, Bowser jr. 1 vs. Rivals, Boss Battle and Extra
- Multiplayer AI is good
- 36 minigames are in an unlocked state
- Characters from the Mario universe show up throughout this game
- Suitable game for an excellent family-bonding time
- 46 out of 80 Minigames has to be triggered to open
- The main game is too easy for skilled players.
The sonic and SEGA all-star racing is yet another superb game for the Nintendo Wii console. Here you get behind the wheels and race against the characters from the sega world. The racing tracks pass through the wonderful medieval castle, exotic lush rain forest, and busy cities.
There are secret shortcuts and weapons that you can find along the way to get ahead of others in the game. To make things more thrilling, the developers have endowed a special move to each player that are exclusively theirs.
You can have a blast in the single-player mode as this game gives you four solo-playing options- Grand Prix, Missions, Single Race, and Time Trials. You can as well engage in split-screen action with three other friends for the ultimate racing showdown!
- ESRB Rating: E (10+)
- Multiplayer mode supports simultaneous play
- Four solo playing modes- Single Race, Grand Prix, Missions, and Time Trials
- Players compete against characters from the Sonic & Sega universe
- Cool game layout and design
- Plenty of modes, both for multiplayer and solo playing
- Offers customizable options
- The graphics of this game can be better
This Nintendo Wii game has been designed with supreme imagination. Travel from galaxy to galaxy in search of Princess Peach. Collect stars are unlocked weapons that can level up your gaming experience.
The Super Mario Galaxy 2 has room for multiple players. It has a good AI and excellent game design. It is a Mario game under platform genre, but instead of being a typical coin-collecting Mario game, this game focuses on collecting stars. In the Super Mario Galaxy 2, your character has to collect Comet Metals to unlock further levels. There are overall 242 unique power stars, collecting 120 of them will unlock your door to 120 green stars levels.
This Nintendo Wii game has seven worlds. Each of these seven worlds has seven galaxies in them. The completion of the first six worlds ends in a boss level. This is the ultimate game for gamers who seek a fine blend of superior imagination and well-laid game design that requires an advanced level of gaming skills.
- ESRB Rating: E
- You can run, fly and jump across galaxies
- The game has seven worlds
- The First six worlds finish with Boss Levels
- Impressive game design
- Games are supremely interesting
- You can find weapons and powerups along the way
- Only two persons can play in the multiplayer mode
- Requires advanced gaming skills
Things to Consider While Purchasing the Product
The Nintendo Wii console launched in 2006, and since then, it has been popular with gamers. There are so many games for the Wii console, and honestly, most of them are superb.
However, when it comes to choosing the best Nintendo Wii games, you have to be a little more discreet. We have prepared a relevant buying guide that will help you in selecting the best Nintendo Wii game. Let us have a look at the factors that you should consider while buying a Wii game CD.
1. Level of Gaming Skill
As gamers, we all have our unique abilities and preferences. Some of us like games that will challenge the mind, while others want to play less taxing games. Besides, the gaming skill of every player is not the same.
Hence, we think that the first thing to do is assess your gaming skill and preference before purchasing a Nintendo Wii CD. Not only will it save you from disappointment, but it also will save your money. As we know, console CDs cost quite a few bucks, so it will be wise to spend on a game only after you are sure of what you want.
2. Game Modes
Some of the Nintendo Wii games have a single-mode of playing, while others offer as many as twenty modes to choose from. If you like a rather simple play to pass your time, then a game with a few modes is good enough. However, if you take the gaming fun seriously, then we think that a Nintendo Wii game that offers a varied number of playing modes is more suitable.
3. Multiplayer Feature
Whether you live in a one-room apartment all by yourself or stay at a friend’s place, we will always suggest you buy a game that has a multiplayer feature. Although you might not use it, it is always good to have options. Besides, who knows when you might feel the need to entertain an unexpected visitor or visitors?! Multiplayer games can add that extra boost to your overall gaming experience. If you have not played a Nintendo Wii multiplayer game yet, give it a try! We are sure it is going to change your outlook on video games.
4. Space Requirements
Now that we have already suggested you buy a game that has Multiplayer mode let us talk about the space requirements of the Nintendo Wii games.
It is no secret that Nintendo Wii games are not meant to be played in a closet. Nintendo suggests that for each player, there should be a free space of 6 feet radius. Now, if you are playing a Wii game with your friends, then multiply the space requirement with the number of friends.
However, this is not true for all games. If you have a space crunch, then you should avoid the games under the activity category by all means. In such cases, you might like to buy a platform or racing games.
5. Wii Controller Requirements
The Nintendo Wii console comes with a set of Wii Remote and Nunchuk. But these controllers might not be sufficient for all games. For some games, you will have to buy additional controllers and accessories separately. The most frequently bought Wii accessories are Wii GameCube, MotionPlus, Wii Wheel, Wii Zapper Gun, and Wii Balance Board.
For some of the games, the use of such accessories is optional. But a few games will have a requirement for such additional accessories. Hence, before buying a game, always look if it mandates buying an extra gaming accessory. This will save you from unpleasant surprises.
6. ESRB Rating
The ESRB rating of a game tells us the suitability of it for age groups. If you see a game rated ‘E,’ then it is for everyone. An ‘E (10+) rating means the game is recommended for everyone above ten years. The ‘T’ rating means teens can play the Wii game. In case the rating of a CD is ‘M’ or ‘A,’ then it is playable by people above seventeen and eighteen years, respectively.
The ESRB rating is given right on top of the box. You should especially consider this factor if you have kids at home, and you consider playing the game with your child.
7. Average Playtime
An average of 1 to 1.5 hours of gaming is considered healthy. Anything that exceeds this limit by a great margin will not do good. When you gear up to play a video game, you are not likely to leave it before completing at least one level. So, you might want to know the average time each level of a game takes and also the level of difficulty before buying it. If both of them are high, then you better skip the game as it will hog up a lot of your time.
If you have a Nintendo Wii console, you are likely to buy several games instead of sticking to just a few. So, investing a lot of money on one game is not advisable. Unless you really want it or have a lot of money to spend! But for people on average payroll like me, a Nintendo Wii game that is reasonably priced is the best deal. You can look online on Amazon for the best deals. Many of the Best Nintendo Wii games are often on discount on this site.
Did you enjoy reading about the eight best Nintendo Wii games? So, which game are you going to purchase? If you are still not sure, then we think you can give the Wii Fit a go. This game is suitable for everyone. It offers a fun way to manage your weight and lead a healthier life. The second best Nintendo Wii game is the Just Dance 2020. It is another activity-based game with electrifying soundtracks. This game too, will keep you healthy and give you some power-packed entertainment at the same time.
Do you think that we skipped a game that deserves mention on this list? If so, then comment below. We will be happy to revise the list based on your feedback. Also, if you have a query regarding any of the products that we have already listed, leave us a comment. We shall try to clarify your doubts to the best of our capabilities.