Participating in Nerf battles can be so much fun, and with cool Nerf guns at your disposal, there is no looking back! Hasbro has a long list of Nerf product-line with innumerable gun models to choose from. The more you browse, the tougher it will seem for you to select the best Nerf gun.
Although the price of a Nerf gun is a contributing factor to its quality, it is not the only thing you should consider. Don’t pick up the first product that appeals to you either. Have a look at the following factors to view a few points that you can consult while choosing the best Nerf gun for yourself.
Drum Capacity– Running out of ammo is the worst thing that can happen in a Nerf battle. Hence, we suggest, choose a Nerf gun that has a good drum capacity. With a more ammunitions and effective game strategy, you can stay on the field for longer.
Power Type– This is yet another important factor to consider. Battery-powered guns are certainly heavier on your pockets, but it will save your energy in nerf war. However, manually powered guns are better for stealth modes where you don’t want much noise.
Weight-Generally, lightweight guns are better. They will give you better control and can be maneuvered easily. But you can surely carry around a heavy Nerf blaster like a champ if your muscles are okay with it.
If you still aren’t sure about which gun to buy, then here are the ten best Nerf guns in 2020 that we have listed just for you and also give a Buying Guide for you. We tested these guns personally and compared it against the performance of many other products on various parameters. Have a look!
|Nerf Gun||Powered by||Ammo Type||Ammo Capacity||Speed (Per Second)||Item Weight||Buy Now|
|Nerf N Strike Elite Strongarm||Manual||Elite darts||6||90 feet||1 pound||Check on Amazon|
|Nerf N-Strike Hyper Fire Blaster||Battery powered||Elite darts||25||90 feet||4.1 pounds||Check on Amazon|
|Nerf N-Strike Elite SurgeFire||Manual||Elite darts||15||90 feet||2.2 pounds||Check on Amazon|
|NERF Ultra One Motorized Blaster||Battery powered||Ultra darts||25||120 feet||4.05 pounds||Check on Amazon|
|Nerf N-Strike Elite Delta Trooper||Manual||Elite darts||12||90 feet||2.91 pounds||Check on Amazon|
|NERF Megalodon N-Strike Mega Blaster||Manual||Whistler darts||20||85 feet||2.2 pounds||Check on Amazon|
|Nerf Modulus Mediator||Manual||Elite darts||6||N/A||2 pounds||Check on Amazon|
|Strongarm Nerf N-Strike||Manual||Elite darts||6||90 feet||1.23 pounds||Check on Amazon|
|Nerf Rival Nemesis MXVII-10K||Battery powered||High Impact Rounds||100||100 feet||5 pounds||Check on Amazon|
|Nerf Elite Titan||Battery powered||Elite darts||50||N/A||8.5 pounds||Check on Amazon|
Top Nerf Guns of All Time Reviews
The Strongarm blaster Nerf gun lets kids jump into battle with six darts slam fire that can fire up to ninety feet. Click open the rotating barrel to load the Nerf gun. Roll the six elite darts and snap the barrel back. Just Pull the trigger to launch your darts. Alternatively, you can hold the trigger down and rapidly move the slam fire handle back and forth to keep shooting continuously.
The Nerf Strongarm blaster is for kids who are aged eight and up, and it comes with six elite darts of blue color. We find this to be the best Nerf gun as it is lightweight, easy to load, cost-effective, and can fire darts in rapid succession.
- Barrel capacity is six darts
- Shooting speed is 90FPS
- Suitable for children above 8 years
- Weight of the Strongarm Blaster is one pound
- Slam fire blasting feature
- The package includes six elite darts
- Easy to load
- Trigger and slam fire handle are smooth to pull
- Allows to fire darts rapidly in a row
- Dart drum is easy to flip open
- Simple and lightweight design
- Cost-effective Nerf gun
- Minimal drum capacity
This Hasbro Nerf Hyper Fire Blaster is a battery-operated gun with a drum capacity of 25 darts. This gun is a sure-shot way to lead you to victory in any Nerf battle as it can shoot up to five darts per second!
This sizable blaster is about four feet long and four inches wide. It has a short stock that might be a limiting factor for those who like resting their Nerf guns on the shoulder. However, in terms of operations and accuracy, it performs excellently. You can target your enemy from up to ninety feet away and engage in some motorized dart blasting to send your foe off the field.
- Drum capacity is 25 darts
- Nerf blaster weight is 4.1 pounds
- The firing speed is 90 feet per second
- Suitable for children above eight years
- Firing capacity is up to five darts per second
- Impressive firing rate per second
- Does not make much noise
- Drum capacity is high
- 90 feet shooting speed gives you an advantage in Nerf wars
- Does not have enough tactical rail for Optics or Zoom scope attachments
- The gun is slightly heavier
The SurgeFire Nerf elite gun is an outstanding tool for you to take control of the battlefield. This Nerf gun is quick-acting, powerful, and can propel darts rapidly.
The Elite surgefire has a rotating drum that can hold fifteen darts. This nerf blaster propels darts at the speed of 90 feet per second to take down your adversaries in the battle. It is a cool gun if you are in the mood to turn your living room into a Nerf battle zone.
With the Elite SurgeFire gun, you can blast one dart at a go or choose to resort to slam-firing if too many enemies are too close. However, while testing, we found out that this gun can get a bit jammed up if used for a long time.
- Magazine contains fifteen darts
- 90 FPS speed
- Suitable for children above eight years
- Propels one dart at a time
- Slam-fire feature available
- You can switch to slam firing mode if needed
- Decent firing speed
- The trigger jams up a bit after continuous use
With the Nerf Ultra One Motorized Blaster in hands, you can rejoice in your victory as this Nerf motorized blaster will send your rivals off of the field with its speed of 120 FPS. The blaster can hold twenty-five pieces of ultra darts and shoot it with precision and accuracy.
The ergonomics of this Nerf gun is not the best. Although the thumbhole stock is pretty fine, pulling the trigger is not as smooth. On the plus side, the gun has an ammo storage space right on the body. You will have to install 4 C batteries for this blaster to work.
- The blaster can hold 25 ultra darts
- The gun is suitable for all persons above the age of 8
- Weight is 4.05 pounds
- Requires 4 C batteries to function
- Firing range is 120 feet
- The gun has on-body storage space for eight ammo
- Excellent shooting speed
- The darts travel fast and attack the enemy before they get a chance
- Extra lightweight darts minimize the scope for injuries
- The attachments feel secure during use
- The trigger can feel a little jammed on continuous use
- The gun is slightly heavier for younger kids
If you are looking for some customization in your Nerf gun so that you can strategize your war tactics effectively, then the Elite Delta Trooper is the best Nerf gun for you. It a manually powered blaster with a barrel extension and 12 dart capacity.
It weighs about three pounds and is quite sleek to look at. With the barrel extension, you can focus on your target better. You can also resort to slam-firing in case you need extra cover.
In the field of ergonomics, the gun fares well. The stock of this Nerf gun will rest on your upper arm as you blast the darts. The thumbhole stock has a comfortable grip, and the trigger is easy to pull.
- Its magazine can hold 12 darts
- The gun is suitable for all persons above the age of 8
- Firing speed is90 feet per second
- Weight of the Delta Elite Trooper is 2.91 pounds
- Detachable stock and barrel extension
- The gun allows slam-firing
- Tactical rail lets you attach accessories
- Package includes 12 elite darts
- Sleek and ergonomically designed
- Barrel extension help you to focus better on your target
- Decent firing range
- Slam firing feature is great for extra cover
- Users can have slight trouble cocking this Nerf gun
Megalodon is a formidable looking Nerf blaster with a rotating drum that can hold twenty darts. This model is an update on the Nerf Rotofury blaster. Its rotating barrel is a boon when you want to load your magazine real quick while in the war.
Weighing about 2.2 pounds, it is a lightweight gun to carry. You can crank the handlebar back and forth to shoot one dart at a time or switch to slam firing. The whistler darts make a whistling sound as you shoot them. Its magnetic red color and the rotating drum make your gun look unique on the battlefield.
- Ammo drum has the capacity to hold 20 darts
- The shooting range is 85 feet
- Weight is 2.2 pounds
- Easy to grip top priming handle
- Rotating drum blaster
- Slam firing action
- Package includes 20 extra whistling darts
- Compact gun design
- Great ergonomics
- This Nerf gun has a formidable appearance
- Lightweight, and easy to carry
- Lacks tactical rails
- Target accuracy is not its strong point
- Shooting speed is 85 feet per second
If you are searching for the most affordable Nerf gun, then it is right in front of you. The Modulus Mediator blaster is highly praised for its customizability. You can attach several attachments for an impeccable number of combinations with this Nerf gun.
The modulus Mediator weighs about two pounds and comes with a clip that can hold six darts, a magazine, instruction, and six elite darts. The clip of this blaster, loads on its side.
On the downside, the blaster box does not have any claim of its firing range. But while testing, we found that the range of this Nerf gun is about 40 feet or so. We recommend this Nerf gun highly if you are playing indoors. However, it does make a little more sound than other Nerf guns in its league.
- Suitable for children above eight years
- Weight of this blaster is 2 pounds
- The clip can hold six elite darts
- Features slam firing
- Clip loads on the side
- Simplistic design
- On-point ergonomics
- This Nerf gun is highly customizable
- Lightweight and compact Nerf gun sis highly suitable for kids
- Good option for indoor Nerf battles
- Costs less
- Ammo capacity is low
- Priming process makes noise
- Firing speed is less
If you love Nerf guns but aren’t a fan of their typical orange color, then check out this product. It is available in a dashing shade of purple and pink. We think it to be one of the best secondary guns that you can have in your collection. You can always use it as a primary one, provided your opponents aren’t loaded with gigantic blasters with FPS over 100.
It is a lightweight blaster, with a drum that flips open on the side for easy loading. However, the trigger space can feel a little small for those of us with thick fingers.
- Best for kids above eight years
- Weight is 1.23 pounds
- The drum can hold six elite darts
- Slam firing action
- Top priming slide
- Lightweight strongarm Nerf gun is highly recommended for small kids
- Easy to use and fun
- Enables a player to load it quickly
- Slam firing action works superbly
- Pocket-friendly price
- Dart capacity of this pistol is less
- Trigger space is slightly small
If you want to unleash the deadliest of dart showers on your rival, then the best Nerf gun is the Nemesis MXVII-10K! It is a fully motorized gun that works on 6 D batteries. It is a gun that you would want by your side if you do not want to be looking for refilling your mag often during battle.
The accuracy and precision of the MXVII-10K are great. However, when it comes to price point and weight, this product does not shine. It weighs about five pounds and costs more than all of the Nerf guns on this list. Also, this gun will be of little help on a stealth mission as it is noisy.
- This Nerf gun is best of kids above 14 years
- Hopper feed can hold 100 high-impact rounds
- Weight is 5 pounds
- Motorized Nerf gun requires 6 D batteries
- The box includes the Nerf rival gun, a set of 100 shots and instructions
- It has a rival rail on top
- Has sling mouths on both right and the left side
- Very high ammo capacity
- Can be used by both right and left-handers
- Speed of rounds is 100 FPS
- You can carry this rival gun on your shoulder with a sling
- Battery requirement is high
The Titan CS-50 blaster has a drum capacity of 50 darts. This is the blaster you want by your side to vanquish all your foes in battles. It is an oversized Nerf blaster with a really long spinning barrel that sends off darts at superb speed. You will have to power this automatic blaster with 4 D batteries.
The Titan CS-50 is a heavyweight gun that is over 8 pounds. Although the brand claims it to be suitable for kids above 8, its large size and weight can be an issue. But if you can manage to get a good grip on this gun, there is no stopping you from being the champion in all the Nerf wars.
- Best for children who are eight years and above
- Weight is 8.5 pounds
- Drum magazine can contain 50 elite darts
- This Nerf gun features a spinning barrel
- Comes with a sling attachment to hang it on your shoulder
- Fifty round capacity gives you an upper hand in Nerf wars
- The drum does not jam while loading or firing
- Limited tactical rail
- Drum magazine needs to be pulled out at an odd angle
Things to Consider while Purchasing the Product:
To us, the Nerf fans, buying a gun, can be a crucial thing. The right type of gun can give us a serious advantage over our adversaries, and the wrong type can let the whole team down.
Just so that you don’t return from the battlefield with a long face, we have made this buying guide. Here we have covered all the factors that you should keep in mind if you want to pick up a Nerf blaster that is the best for you.
1. Size & Weight
Yes, we are repeating this point, as it is very important. Your standard of gameplay depends on whether you are comfortable with your weapon. If the size of the gun is too large, you will probably struggle with your gun more than you will have trouble with your enemies.
So, to avoid the mess, we always tell Nerf fans to choose a smaller and lightweight gun that has accuracy. However, the concept of lightweight is subjective. If you are well-built and have an above-average height, then handling something like the Titan CS-50 will be a breeze.
2. Magazine Capacity
If you want to deal the most damage to your rival team, then purchase a Nerf gun that has a good magazine capacity. This will ensure you will not be out of ammo anytime soon after entering the battleground. With extra ammo at your disposal, not only can you save yourself, but also do some good cover firing to save a teammate in trouble.
3. Ammunition Type
Broadly speaking, there are two types of ammo for Nerf guns- the darts and the rounds. The darts are bigger than the rounds and hurt lesser. If you are lower than fourteen years of age, the dart type ammunition is the best for you. But the drum capacity is somewhat limited with this type of ammo.
Rounds are smaller, and as a result, the hopper feed of a Nerf gun can hold many of them. Rounds hurt more than darts, and so, it is suitable only for persons who are fourteen years and above.
4. Speed (FPS)
FPS is how we calculate the speed at which an ammo fly when shot from a gun. In the expanded form, FPS stands for ‘feet per second.’ If you are buying a Nerf gun for indoor use, then a gun with a range of 20 to 50 FPS is fine. But if you want to enter a Nerf war zone, then the higher the speed is, the better.
When it comes to Nerf wars, everyone has their own strategy and style of gameplay. But after testing a lot of products, we have concluded that the best Nerf gun is the Nerf N Strike Elite Strongarm. It is a cost-effective and lightweight device that gives you good control over it. It is a blaster with an on-point accuracy and a speed of 90 FPS.
The Nerf N-Strike Hyper Fire Blaster gives you the same speed as the Strongarm. It has an advantage over our previous product as the ammo capacity of this blaster is way more. But it is the second-best blaster in our view as it costs more than the Strongarm.
If you are buying any of the Nerf guns we have listed above, then great! You are making a terrific choice to level up your game.
In case you have some questions regarding any of the Nerf guns on this list, then comment below. Also, let us know your thoughts on this article, and do not hold back any suggestions that you have. We love hearing from you!