Playing a game in multiplayer mode can give some serious boost to the overall gaming experience of the players. The concept of gaming appeals to us because it involves a comprehensive blend of competition and victory. And the fun we have while competing with another living-being is somewhat missing while playing against a CPU.
Not only is playing Wii multiplayer game fun, but it also enhances our social skills. Multiplayer games create a positive mindset while encouraging healthy competition. But with the massive number of inflows of this type of games in the market, it is somewhat hard to choose a few of the best ones from the lot. It is more so because all the Wii games are so promising!
Worry not, just keep in mind the following two factors while buying a multiplayer Wii game and you will make a superb buy that you can enjoy with others.
- Player Slots: The more player slots a multiplayer game has, the better. A small number of player slots might not give you the best gaming experience. Four slots or more is a decent number in the arena of Multiplayer games. Also, you might like a game that offers simultaneous playing instead of taking turns.
- Controllers & Accessories: You will need many Wii Remotes or Wii Remote/Nunchuk combination to play multiplayer games effectively. You will have to buy these controllers separately as your console will come with just one of these. However, some games require additional accessories for multiplayer mode. Hence, always look at the controller and accessories requirement of a multiplayer Wii game before you make the final call.
If you still have doubts, then you can have a look at our Buying Guide to get a better understanding. There we discuss all the factors you might want to consider to choose the best Wii game for yourself and your friends & family.
To lessen your hassle, we have come up with the seven best Multiplayer Wii games after checking many such games ourselves and taking feedback from several customers. Have a look…
Best Multiplayer Wii Games
Top Multiplayer Wii Games: Reviews
With the New Super Mario Bros, the Mario Bros franchise ventured into the Multiplayer arena. If you are searching for the best multiplayer Wii game, then you need to look no further. It features the best game layout with excellent Multiplayer AI to give you an outstanding gaming experience.
It falls under the coin collecting platform game that you can play solo or choose to call over a few friends to have a blast. The four-person supporting multiplayer mode has a co-op feature. With it, you can spring up to help your buddy or toss him into the mouth of danger. This Wii game allows all the players to play simultaneously. The new weapons and power-ups that you will find on the tracks adds thrill to your experience and makes it more buy-worthy.
- ESRB Rating: E
- 2D graphics
- The game genre is Platformer
- Multiplayer mode supports 2 to 4 persons
- Allows simultaneous play in Multiplayer mode
- Multiplayer mode has Co-op feature
- Playable characters are Mario, Luigi, and Toads
- Coin collecting battle mode
- The game ranks players after each level
- Best multiplayer Wii game
- Exciting new power-up additions
- Engaging and cool graphics
- Competitive price point
- We feel that the single-player mode can be better
If you want the best Wii multiplayer game with a lot of varieties, then the Wii party is your go-to multiplayer game. The CD has over thirteen different modes and eighty minigames that you can enjoy with your family and friends.
This game brings a new dimension to multiplayer mode as the players have to interact with each other in the real world to play it effectively. Wii Party features both cooperative and competitive modes, which makes it a supreme addition to your best Wii game collection.
Wii Party supports up to four players who can play simultaneously. Each player needs individual Wii remote for participating. This game will let you customize your Wii avatar for a better experience.
- ESRB Rating: E
- 13 different modes
- Contains 80 mini-games
- Can accommodate four players in Multiplayer mode
- Features both cooperative and competitive gaming modes
- Players have to interact in real life
- Best multiplayer Wii game to play with family
- Most of the games have time limits to keep it competitive
- Offers a very wide variety of games
- You can customize your Mii
- Most of the games will appeal to beginners
In this Mario theme tennis game, you choose your character from the Mario universe to play against your competitor. The multiplayer mode of this game supports four players on co-op operations. In the online dual, your amiibo does a face-off against the amiibo of your opponent. The game involves powerups that give you special abilities.
There are four modes:
- Mega Battle Mode
- Knockback Challenge Mode
- Classic Tennis Mode
- Online Mode
With the variety of characters and multiple modes, this multiplayer Wii game ranks in the third spot on our list.
- ESRB Rating: E
- Has four modes to choose from
- There are 16 playable characters from the Mario world
- Multiplayer mode supports four players
- Co-op and competitive operations
- Variety of playable characters to choose from
- One of the best multiplayer Wii games
- You can play against friends and family in a single face-off (1 vs. 1) or double face-offs (2 vs. 2)
- Good graphics
- Does not have a tournament mode or minigames
The Sonic & SEGA All-Star Racing is the ultimate racing showdown game. In this Wii game, players can either play solo or challenge each other in the multiplayer mode. The racing tracks are amidst medieval castle, rain forests, and busy cities. Each player gets an individual move to beat its opponent.
Apart from the multiplayer mode, this Wii game also has an online mode where you can compete with eight players. In this racing game, you are an outsider who competes against varied characters of the SEGA universe along with other players, i.e., if you are playing the multiplayer mode.
- ESRB Rating: E (10+)
- Multiplayer mode supports up to 4 players
- Online tournament mode can accommodate eight players
- You race against SEGA characters and other players
- Specific individual moves like Supersonic, Banana Blitz, etc.
- You can race on Cars, Motorbikes, and Planes
- Good game layout
- Requires intermediate gaming skills
- AI for multiplayer and tournament modes is good
- Shortcuts, hidden weapons, and individual moves
- The graphics of the game is below satisfactory
If you have grown up loving board games, then it is time to take your gaming experience to another level. Mario Party 10 is a Nintendo board game where you compete to reach your goal. This one is specially designed for playing with multiple players. But if you do not have anyone to play with, then a solo mode will keep you entertained.
This game has three modes. You can play single-player mode and beat the CPU characters in the mini-games. The second mode is the Bowser mode, where four players play on the board while the fifth one controls the game with a GamePad. The third is the Amiibo mode, which is typically how multiplayer modes operate.
Note: To play the Amiibo mode, you will have to buy the Amiibo figure separately.
- ESRB Rating: E
- The game genre is mini-board game
- Has four slots in the multiplayer mode
- Three modes- Single-player, Bowser and Amiibo modes
- Many ways to play the game
- Minigames are interesting
- Colorful graphics
- To play the Amiibo mode, you will have to invest in an Amiibo figure separately
Participate in the winter Olympics and play the most amazing games ever. You can participate in winter games like Skiing, Curling and Ice skating. If you want to invite a few friends over to share the fun, no problem! This is one of the best Wii multiplayer games that can accommodate up to four players playing at a time.
You can choose from a host of playable characters from the SEGA and Mario worlds. This game also features a festival mode to give you a feeling of attending the winter carnival.
- ESRB Rating: E
- You can play in solo or multiplayer mode
- Multiplayer mode supports four players
- Features both Co-op and competitive modes
- Wireless DS mode features adventure tours
- Several activities and games where you can take part in
- You can choose from a large number of Mario and Sega characters
- Play the game with Wii remote + Nunchuk or Balance board
- This Mario and Sonic Wii game has a lot of customizable options
- Each round takes about three to five minutes to complete
- This game can be too easy for advanced level players
- Some of the games are repetitive
This one is yet another Nintendo Wii platform game produced by SEGA. The background is set in the medieval times of King Arthur with thirteen different interactive environments to choose from.
In this game, Sonic runs through the tracks to fight and vanquish enemies with lightened swords. You gain better weapons and powerups as you escalate the levels.
The game has two modes- the story and the battle mode. There is an option to incorporate multiple players in the battle mode, but the story mode is exclusively for solo playing. Although this game offers excellent graphics and design, we are placing it last because of the exclusion of multiplayer features in its story mode.
- ESRB Rating: E (10+)
- Single-player and multiplayer modes (4 persons)
- Two modes- Story and Battle
- Thirteen interactive environments
- Swordplay game is Interesting
- The graphics are great
- Attractive rewards on leveling up
- Supports multiplayer mode
- Multiplayer option is not available in the story mode
- Sonic cannot turn around in this game
- Can be too hard for beginners
Things to Consider Before Purchasing the Product
If you are looking for the best Multiplayer Wii games, then you will have to consider several factors before making your choice. A boring or unsuitable game can be a mass mood-spoiler and a sheer waste of money at the same time.
To help you in the process of choosing the best multiplayer Wii games, we have made a buying guide. Give it a read to understand the game that will suit you the most:
1.Number of Players
If you are searching for the best multiplayer Wii game, then start with the basics. See whether the game supports a multiplayer mode. If it is a yes, then your next query should be how many players can the game accommodate.
If four players can play in the multiplayer mode, consider it to be a decent Wii game. Also, you might want a game that lets all the players play at the same time. So split screen actions and simultaneous play are features you want to seek while buying a multiplayer Wii game.
2. Controller Options:
When you play a Wii game in multiplayer mode, then you should be prepared to shell out some extra money to buy a few Wii remotes. Most of the Wii games in multiplayer modes will require individual remote for each player.
However, some games require additional accessories like the MotionPlus, Amiibo characters, gamePad, etc. to unlock multiplayer mode. Always have a look at the specific requirements of a game for multiplayer mode before purchasing it.
3. ESRB Rating
This is the third most important factor to consider while buying a multiplayer Wii game. When you buy a multiplayer game, you often intend to play it with your dear ones. But you might know that the content that you can share with your friends can be too much for a child.
We suggest that you always take a look at the ESRB rating of a game before introducing it to your kids. This rating tells the suitability of the game for a particular age group. A game that is rated ‘E’ is fine for everyone. However, if you see ratings that say, ‘M’ or ‘T,’ then you should certainly refrain from playing that multiplayer Wii game with your children.
4. Gaming Intensity
While selecting a multiplayer game for your Wii console, it is best to choose one that requires moderate intensity and skills. Games with high intensity might not be suitable for all the players in the room. However, if you choose a game that is too easy to play, the players will soon be bored.
5. Category/Genre of the Game
Even if the AI of a multiplayer Wii game is excellent, you must not buy it unless you are sure that you like the category. Buy games that you like and are comfortable playing. If you have a love for platform games, then go for some of the Mario and Sonic games. If you like activity-based games, CDs like Zumba 2 should be your pick.
When you are playing a multiplayer game, being able to customize your character can give you an extra dose of excitement. Customization is also essential so that no two characters in the game look alike. This can lead to unnecessary confusion and create a disrupting effect on gaming time. Besides, us gamers always like to add a personal touch to everything. Right?
Some of you might think that better game askes for more price, but it is not really true all the times. Some of the best Multiplayer Wii games come at a pretty reasonable cost. If you don’t believe us right now, have a good look at our list of the seven best multiplayer Wii games. Most of these games are under fifty bucks and have the best multiplayer experience to offer. Also, if you buy these games online, the chances are high that you will get a good discount on them.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article. So, did you make up your mind on which multiplayer Wii game you are going to buy? If you are still treading the undecided zone, then we will be happy to suggest our top two picks.
New Super Mario Bros– This game blends the Mario fun with superb multiplayer AI. Some of the all-new weapons and powerups, along with the classic Mario 2D graphics, make it our favorite.
Wii Party– This game has a terrific multiplayer mode and eighty minigames. Players have to interact with each other in real-time to play this game. If you fancy variety and uniqueness, then you are bound to love this game to bits.
Do let us know what you think about this article. If you have any queries regarding any of the products we have listed, comment below. We shall reply to you at the earliest.