The Lego Ninjago set launched in the year 2011. It is a unique product line that focuses on the oriental world of Ninja and is modeled after the Lego Series and Movie of the same name.
If your kids grew up seeing Ninjago or still continues to watch it, then gifting them a Lego set from this product line is perhaps a good idea. They will be thrilled and will spend their time engaged in imaginative play after putting the sets together.
There are about 170 Ninjago sets that are available in the market. We have skimmed through the lot and tested dozens of them to come up with the best thirteen Lego Ninjago sets.
However, before you jump into purchasing any of these, take a look at the two key factors that you might want to keep in mind before purchasing a Ninjago set.
Authenticity: The Lego Ninjago sets are bright, colorful, and brings together a lot of elements and have top-notch build quality. There are various knock offs available in the market. The counterfeit products might cost less, but they won’t be half as good. Hence, check the authenticity of a Lego Ninjago set before settling for it.
Favorite Character: These sets are generally designed centering around one of the four main characters— Kai, Cole, Jay, or Zane. Hence, to purchase the best Lego Ninjago set, you must first know their favorite Ninja to pick the perfect set for them.
Take a look at the best Lego Ninjago sets that we think would be perfect for your child. However, you can as well peruse the Buying Guide first if you want to keep in mind a few other tips to consider before purchasing a Lego set for your little one.
13 Best Lego Ninjago Sets: Reviews
|Lego Ninjago Set||Lego Pieces||No Of Minifigures||Suitable Age||Buy Now|
|LEGO NINJAGO Masters of Spinjitzu||493||4||8 to 14 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO Ninjago Movie Destiny's Bounty||2295||7||9 to 14 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO NINJAGO Movie Green Ninja Mech Dragon||544||4||8 to 14 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO NINJAGO Movie Fire Mech||944||6||9 to 14 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO NINJAGO Katana||450||5||8 years and above||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO NINJAGO Legacy the Ultra Dragon||951||6||9 years and above||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO NINJAGO Legacy Golden Dragon||174||3||7 years and above||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO NINJAGO Legacy Monastery of Spinjitzu||1070||8||9 years and up||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO NINJAGO Fire Fang||463||4||8 years and above||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO NINJAGO Lloyd's Titan Mech||876||6||9 years and above||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO NINJAGO Cole’s Dirt Bike||212||3||8 to 21 years||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO NINJAGO Legacy Kai's Blade||376||4||8 years and above||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO NINJAGO Legacy Samurai Mech||212||3||7 years and above||CHECK ON AMAZON|
The Stormbringer is a 2018 released Lego set that is mounted by Jay, the element master of Lightening. It comes with four minifigures— Jay, Zane, Muzzle, and Daddy no Legs. The Daddy No Legs has a special chain element to try and capture the Stormbringer. The set also comes with a unique pedestal for the display of the Dragon plate.
The set contains 493 Lego pieces and has a dimension of 4 x 5 x 19 inches. It has a fully posable tail to swipe off the enemies from the plain and a stud-shooting mouth to stay them. This toy gives your child a broad scope for imaginative pretend playing and Lego building experience for kids between 8 to 14 years of age.
It is the best Lego Ninjago set because of its value-for-money, high playability quotient, fun factor, and a wide variety of minifigs that come along with the set.
- Number of Pieces: 493
- Size of the Model: 4 x 5 x 19 inches (after building)
- Weight: 0.96 pounds
- Minifigures: Jay, Zane, Daddy No Legs and Muzzle
- Suitable Age: 8 to 14 years
- Accessories: Display pedestal and Dragonbone Blade ninja sword
- Dragon tail is fully posable
- Stormbreaker has a menacing look
- Stud shooting dragon mouth
- Good assortment of Ninjago heroes and villains
- No major cons
You will get a magnificent looking ship that you have seen in the Lego Ninjago movie. It is a tri-layered vessel with details like a double dragon-headed figurehead, sales, and release anchor.
There are about 2295 pieces in this Ninjago set. It comes with a wide variety of 7 Ninjas- Zane, Jay, Cole, Kai, Lloyd, Nya, and Wu. If you are a Ninjago minifigure fan, then you have got to get this Lego set!
Although this Lego product contains many more details than the previous ‘Stormbringer,’ we would still rank it as the second-best Lego Ninjago set because this one costs thrice as much.
- Number of Pieces: 2295
- Size after Building: 7x 21 x 6 inches
- Weight: 5.97 pounds
- Minifigures: Master Wu, Kai, Zane, Nya, Cole, Lloyd, and Jay
- Suitable Age: 9 to 14 years
- Accessories: fish, frames, mini oriental instruction boards, dagger, sword, anchor, etc.
- Loads of details
- The seven Minifigs include all four original Ninjas
- The ship is in three levels
- Decorative sail gives it an oriental touch
- Will look pretty as a decorative piece in your living room
- It takes time to build
Fight the power-hungry lord of destruction, Garmadon with the Green Mech Dragon mounted by Lloyd and Master Wu.
It is a 544-piece Lego Ninjago set that can put together this Mech dragon of 23 inches width. There are two gimmicks that this toy is endowed with. First, it has a wheel activated tail swooshing action. Second, it has two stud shooters mounted on its front leg.
The Mech Dragon is pretty similar to the Stormbringer. In fact, it is slightly bigger. The reason it ranks below the in the third position is that the stud shooters on the legs are weirdly positioned. Also, in terms of looks, both the Stormbringer and Destiny’s Bounty ship are perhaps better.
- Number of Pieces: 544
- Size after Building: 5 x 23 x 4 inches
- Weight: 1.57 pounds
- Minifigures: Lloyd, Master Wu, Charlie, and Lord Garmadon
- Suitable Age: 8 to 14 years
- Both the front legs have mounted stud shooters
- Wheel activated tail swooshing
- The Mech Dragon measures 23 inches in width
- The posable tail has a cool swooshing action
- The spiked tail looks formidable
- The dragon has room for mounting two minifigs
- Stud shooters have a weird position
It is an action-packed Lego toy that can charge ahead and destroy the forces of Evil in the Ninjago world. The Fire mech toy has an openable cockpit that can accommodate one minifig.
There are two non-shooting fire blasters on the arms with the translucent fire element. However, there are disc shooters mounted on the shoulders of the Fire Mech.
It consists of 944 pieces and stands about 14 inches tall once you are done building it. The Fire Mech is a recommended Leo toy for kids who are above 8 years and below the age of 14.
The Fire Mech ranks as the fourth-best Ninjago Lego set on our list as it is completely posable. However, our only complaint is the finishing of the minifigures, which aren’t that great.
- Number of Pieces: 944
- Size after Building: 14 x 4 x 8 inches
- Weight: 2.78 pounds
- Minifigures: Kai, Zane, Hammer, Jelly, Henry, and Lauren
- Suitable Age: 9 to 14 years
- The cockpit is openable
- Shooters enhance playability quotient
- Relatively larger than most Mechs by the Ninjago Product line
- Looks cool
- Posable arms and legs
- The finishing of the minifigures aren’t too great
- Joints of this Fire Mech is a bit frail
Who is your favorite character in the Ninjago Movie? If the answer is ‘Kai,’ the element Master of Fire, then the Katana 4 x 4, is perhaps the best Lego set for you.
It is Kai’s truck with two spring-loaded shooters and ramming shuriken slicer to defeat the Pyro Vipers of the Serpentine world. This truck gives kids with ample scope to role-play and be the master of the game.
The package has 450 Lego pieces. It includes a tornado spinner accessory for making your child’s playtime more action-packed. Lego thinks this toy to be fit for children who are eight years and above.
It is the fifth-best Lego Ninjago set because it is comparatively smaller than all the products we have reviewed so far. Though the Kai’s truck is masterfully crafted, it might fail to secure a kid’s attention because of its size.
- Number of Pieces: 450
- Size after Building: 3 x 8 x 5 inches
- Minifigures: Nya FS, Char, Kai, Pyro Slayer, and Pyro Whipper
- Suitable Age: 8 Years and above
- Accessories: Tornado spinner, Ninjago weapons, etc.
- Features 2 spring-loaded shooters
- The 4×4 Katana also has a rotating shuriken slicer
- Easy to build
- Encourages kids to engage in imaginative pretend-play
- Sturdy wheels and tires
- The design of this Lego toy is skillful
- Features several gimmicks and accessories
- Five Minifigs come along in the set
- A bit small
The Ultra Dragon is an epic piece of Lego creation that transports kids into the oriental world of the Ninjago instantly.
It is a 951 piece of Lego Ninjago set that Lego thinks suitable for kids who are above the age of nine. Kids can put together all the pieces to build the Ultra Dragon that measures 7 x 17 x 21 inches.
The toy features four stud-shooting head (one for each element), swooshing tail, and flapping wings. Lego has also taken care of the ergonomics by rendering this toy with a handle, which makes it easy to hold and play with.
The sheer grandeur of the Ultra Dragon makes this one of the Best Lego Ninjago sets of all time. We are ranking it as the sixth-best in the market because there are too many accessories and parts. It might confuse a child who is laying their hands first time on a Lego Ninjago set.
- Number of Pieces: 951
- Size after Building: 7 x 17 x 21 inches
- Weight: 2.95 pounds (while shipping)
- Minifigures: Master Wu, Lloyd, Pythor, Spitta, Lasha and Lord Garmadon
- Suitable Age: 9 years and up
- Wings of the Ultra Dragon Flaps
- The epic dragon toy has four stud-shooting heads
- Ergonomics is on point
- The size is large enough to attract kids
- Emerges kids in developmental Lego constructing and imaginative playing
- Comes with six minifigs
- Too many parts of the dragon might be overwhelming for some kids
- Lacks a space for mounting a Ninjago minifigure
Kids can build the aggressive-looking golden dragon with this Lego Ninjago set of 171 pieces. It has hidden stud shooters for even more memorable combat with the Overlord.
If you are looking for the best budget-buy Lego toy, then this is the set you can settle for. It is currently the seventh sext Ninjago Lego set on our list because of two primary reasons. First, it comes at a very reasonable price. Second, this Lego set is suitable for kids as little as seven years old.
We agree that the Golden Dragon isn’t as big as other toys on our list. But it is more than what you can ask for the price tag.
However, most of the Lego pieces on this set consist of special bricks. You will find it a challenge to incorporate the Legos into building other sets.
- Number of Pieces: 174
- Size after Building: 2 x 9 x 10 inches
- Weight: 8.5 ounces
- Minifigures: Overlord, Stone Army Scout, and Golden Lloyd
- Suitable Age: 7 years and above
- Hidden stud-shooting feature
- Posable wings and tail
- Golden Lloyd minifig complements the set
- Budget buy
- Best introductory set for kids
- The package includes just 174 pieces
- Constructing it will not engage kids for long
This is a moderately priced Ninjago Lego set that kids can put together to build a monastery. The set contains 1070 pieces that include a number of the Ninjago heroes and the villain Wyplash.
The minifigure collection that comes along include Wu, Zane, Kai, Nya, Cole, Lloyd, Jay, and Wyplash.
Kids can use the monastery as the training chamber for all the Ninjago heroes. The set includes several toy weapons, a hidden chamber for knives, and a chicken trap, and other Ninja training equipment.
It is one of the best Legos sets that we came across while testing various others because of the massive number of Lego pieces and the inclusion of an array of Ninjago minifigs. We are giving it the eighth rank because it takes a while to put together.
- Number of Pieces: 1070
- Size after Building: 11 x 12 x 8
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Minifigures: Wu, Zane, Kai, Nya, Cole, Lloyd, Jay, and Wyplash
- Suitable Age: 9 years and above
- Accessories: 4 Ninjago golden weapon, rotating Ninja training station
- Features a hidden weapon chamber
- Highly accessible
- Comes with a number of Ninjago weapons
- Design is fit for display
- Contains 7 Ninjago heroes and a Villain
- Takes time in putting together
Recreate the jaw-dropping action scene from the action world of Ninjago by putting together Fire Fang, Aspheera’s snake. It is a formidable character that challenges Kai for battle.
Fire Fang rattles as it moves. It also has a mini throne atop for seating the Minifig of Aspheera. Other minifigures you get in this set are Ninja Kai FS, Pyro destroyer, and Pyro Slayer.
In our opinion, it is the ninth-best Lego Ninjago toy because of all the intricate detailing that it has. However, there are way too many tiny parts that require immense concentration to assemble and integrate into the model.
- Number of Pieces: 463
- Size after Building: 8 x 7 x 11 inches
- Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Minifigures: Aspheera, Pyro Slayer, Pyro Destroyer and Ninja Kai FS
- Suitable Age: 8 years and above
- Accessories: Spinjitzu spinner toy
- Fire Fang has two stud shooters on the tail
- The snake rattles as it moves
- Has intricate detailing
- Unique looking
- Features two stud shooters
- Has a mini throne to seat a minifig atop
- The stud shooters are placed on the tail
- Lots of little parts
Kids will be thrilled to build a full-size Lloyd toy. It is a cool Ninjago set that consists of 876 pieces and comes with six minifigures— Zane FS, Lloyd, and five minifig villains- General Vex, Blizzard Warrior, Blizzard Archer, and Blizzard Sword Master.
It is one of the best Lego Ninjago sets because it allows kids to engage in building their favorite figure of Ninja. The Lego toy has gripping hands, a giant katana, and a spinning shuriken slicer. The set also comes with a few Ninjago accessories that enhance the fun quotient.
- Number of Pieces: 876
- Size after Building: 14 x 5 x 13
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Minifigures: Zane FS, Lloyd, Blizzard Warrior, Blizzard Archer, General Vex, and Blizzard Sword Master
- Suitable Age: 9 years and above
- Accessories: Zane FS’s spinner toy
- Mech wings transform into a stud shooter
- Developmental Lego building activity
- Encourages pretend-playing
- A good collection of Ninjago villains
- The toy is a bit fragile
- The feet might fall off mid-game
The 212 pieces of Ninjago toy lets children build Cole’s super cool dirt bike that he rides into battles. Kids imaginative faculty will spark into life as they pretend-play as Ninja warriors in their imaginative world.
The bike features a driver’s seat to mount Cole’s minifig. It also has a big size real wheels with stunning golden rim. There are two stud shooters that lets you march into the battle undaunted against the Pyro Destroyer.
- Number of Pieces: 212
- Size after Building: 2 x 7 x 2 inches
- Weight: 10.6 ounces
- Minifigures: Cole, Kai, and Pyro Destroyer
- Suitable Age: 8 to 21 years
- Includes three minifigs
- Easy to build
- The bike has two stud shooters
- Dirt bike can accommodate minifig atop it
- Size is small
- Includes fewer Legos
If your child fancies building the super cool Ninjago vehicles, then this cost-effective product is the best Lego Ninjago set for you. The set consists of 376 pieces with which children can construct Zane’s Snowmobile and Kai’s Blade Cycle. The inclusion of four Minifigures heightens the fun of creative play.
- Number of Pieces: 376 pieces
- Size of Snowmobile: 1 x 7 x 2 inches
- Size of Blade Cycle: 1 x 6 x 2 inches
- Weight: 1.15 pounds
- Minifigures: Zane, Kai, Spitta, and Lasha
- Suitable Age: 8 years and up
- Accessories: Spinjitzu battle platform, Golden Sword with a stand
- Snowmobile Bike can shoot studs
- Kids can construct two Ninjago vehicle with a single set
- Includes super cool Minifigs
- The set contains attractive accessories
- Kids can recreate ambush and battle scenes
- Cost-effective Lego Ninjago set
- Vehicles are small
- Too simple, might not be suitable for older kids
Kids can build their own Samurai Mech and go into battles against Kruncha and Nuckal. This toy is designed for battle. There is a toy sword on the one hand, and the other holds dual Katanas for charging against the enemies. It also has two stud shooters mounted on the shoulders.
Three minifigs come along with this set— Nya, Kruncha, and Nuckal. The Mech’s look is completed after you mount the Nya minifig.
It is one of the best Lego Ninjago sets according to us because of its simplicity, color scheme, and the inclusion of sturdy toy weapons.
- Number of Pieces: 154
- Size after Building: 5 x 1.5 x 4 inches
- Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Minifigures: Nya (dressed as Samurai), Kruncha and Nuckal
- Suitable Age: 7 years and above
- Openable cockpit
- Two stud shooters
- Suitable for younger children
- The Samurai Mech is completely posable
- Teens might not find interest in this toy
- Inclusion of a few more Ninja Heroes would have been nice
Things To Consider Before Purchasing The Best Lego Ninja Sets:
Here are a few things that you might like to consider if you want to get the best Lego Ninjago Set:
1. Number of Legos:
The more the number of Lego pieces, the more time it will require in building, and vice versa. If you want your child to dedicate more time to the developmental construction game, then we suggest you get a larger set.
2. Age Recommendation:
This is a very vital factor to consider if you want to purchase the best Ninjago sets. Always take a look at the minimum age that Lego recommends for each Ninjago set. If you give an eight-year-old with an advanced building set, your kid will likely feel frustrated. Similarly, if the Ninjago set is too simple, it might fail to secure a teen’s attention.
3. Posable Toys:
Most of the Ninjago sets are for kids or teens. This section likes toys that they can actively play with. Hence, try purchasing a Lego Ninjago set that is flexible and has a high playability quotient.
As the Ninjago sets are dedicated towards the Ninjas, hence a few stud shooters, Katanas, and swords are common. The more gimmicks a Lego toy has, the better.
As each of these sets is centering on a character in the movie, the inclusion of that character adds to the worth of the Ninjago set. Try finding a Lego Ninjago set that has an array of Minifigs that include a few villains too. It would help your kid in recreating their favorite scenes and engage in healthy creative play with the Lego set.
The Lego Ninjago sets are innovative and bring in a plethora of colors, unique bricks, and designs. We feel all the thirteen products that we have reviewed above are best in the collection.
However, if we had to choose a few, we would say that the LEGO NINJAGO Masters of Spinjitzu: Stormbringer 70652 is the best Lego Ninjago set. This Lego creation is cost-effective, varied, and looks super-cool. Kids will have a blast putting it together.
The second-best Lego Ninjago set, in our opinion, is the LEGO Ninjago Movie Destiny’s Bounty 70618. It is a huge set that brings to table hours of Lego constructing fun. Once built, it is so designed that it will delight every onlooker.
If you know any Ninjago sets that are better than the ones we have put on this list, please let us know your suggestion. And if you have a question about these products, please don’t hesitate to ask us by commenting below.