Give your cats uninterrupted and endless hours of play with these best picked interactive toys that are not only interactive but also fun and safe to play with. Few of these toys may require the constant attention of the caretaker or the owner, but a few may be just left with your furry pets without worrying about any hazards or casualties. Cats tend to become bored due to the absence of owner during their working hours and hence, indoor toys have been introduced to ward off their boredom and involve them in some entertaining, fun and exercising activities.
These toys have been manufactured keeping in mind the safety of the cats with regards to their paws, their furry bodies and their inquisitiveness. Interactive toys may prove to be your kitty’s best friends in your absence keeping them engaged all day long. It is important to choose the best and safe quality toys for your cats as many may have been made with toxic material which are not safe for the cats.
Best Interactive Cat Toys
Top Interactive Cat Toys: Reviews
Articulated with 3 layers of tracks that comprise of colourful balls running through them, this cat toy is a very interactive and addictive toy for your furry little felines. This toy comes in a bright orange colour shade that is attractive and does not require to be plugged in through any USB or batteries to run. The tracks are glossy smooth, and the balls move in the tracks with ease allowing the cat to jump, pounce and snatch the balls. This toy satisfies the hunting instincts of your pet cats and gives them a lot of physical exercise indoors.
Why this toy?
- Bright colour with balls
- Can be detached and stored safely when not in use
- Gives a lot of physical stimulation
- Satisfies hunting instincts in your cat
- Enhances the swat and bat instinct in the cats
- Non slip base
- Sturdy and durable
- Paws do not get stuck in the tracks
- Circular design that allows cat to play from all sides
- No other colours available which may disinterest the cats soon
- The balls are small and if you have kids at home it needs constant supervision.
This toy has been smartly created to replicate the actions of a hidden prey under a durable fabric. It makes the kitty curious and improves its hunting instincts and abilities with this toy. The hidden prey like thing comprises a feather wand and can be replaced with various other lightweight toys that may intrigue the cats to try and get hold of it. It has 2 varied speeds to customise as per the requirement of the cat and allows the cat to run, pounce, jump and hunt for this “prey”. It will keep your cat busy and give it a good exercise for around 15-20 minutes a day to keep it healthy and active.
Why this toy
- Replicates the action of a hidden prey under a durable fabric.
- Very interactive and stimulates the hunting instincts in your cat
- Very engaging and increases curiosity
- Two variant speeds can be adjusted as per requirement
- Durable fabric that stays through even the rough paws
- Soft and smooth edges
Lightweight and can be carried wherever required.
- Does not have automatic on and off
- Needs to be given under the supervision of owner or caretaker as there is a chance that the cat might rip off the feather wand
Cats play to love with balls and this self-rotating ball is a fun gift that you can give your kitty. The ball comes with a USB plug-in through which it can be charged for 1.5 hours and provide 4 hours of nonstop entertainment by rolling and gliding through the house. This ball is a spherical shaped ball with a self-balancing system that avoids any collision with the walls or furniture while rolling around in the house.
It moves around the house by producing a red light to attract your cats and your furry creatures will have a gala time running, pouncing and hunting for your ball through the entire household.
Why this toy?
- Self-rotating ball with balance system that avoids collision and gives endless hours of play to your cat
- Does not require batteries to be used.
- Moves around the house producing a red light which attracts the cats towards it.
A fun way of making the cats run, jump, snatch and roll around the house.
- Ball shuts off automatically after 40 minutes of rotating and rolling
- Self-balancing system that avoids collision with walls and furniture
- Can be charged with the USB provided
- Made of high quality, nontoxic plastic
- Does not rotate well on carpets
Pop and play toy imitates the peek-a-boo game for the cats and gives them a fun time seeking for their prey and pouncing for it. This toy stimulates the kitty mentally and physically. The toy comes in a 360-degree dome shape with 6 openings that allows the feather wands or cat toys to pop out randomly in sporadic movements and keeps the kitty on her paws literally to hunt and pounce for it. The base is very sturdy and hence there is no danger of it being knocked off by the cats. It also makes certain chirping noises to attract the cats imitating the real prey. The cat toys that peep out of the toy can be interchanged as per requirements. It also has an automatic shut off feature.
Why this toy?
- Very engaging toy that enhances the hunting instincts in the cats
- Cats can fulfil their needs to jump, pounce and catch with this fun interactive pop out toy
Imitates the game of peek-a-boo which is very joyful for your furry little pets
- Has non slip rubber grips that prevents the toy from slipping
- Has 15-minute auto shut off property that conserves battery life
- Very durable and lightweight
- The feather wands can be easily pulled off by the cats as they not very durable and get damaged
- The chirping noise is loud and may be annoying for the cats
Laser toys are a great and innovative way to keep your felines busy and engaged. The cats are amused by this little red light that moves around the house and floors and they run and pounce to get hold of it. This automated laser toy has 5 random patterns that entice the kitty and keep them occupied. It can be placed at a height to avoid collision by the pets and is a hands-free device which means that you need not hold it to entertain your furry pet. You can keep it at a safe place and watch your tabby run around to catch it. It has an automatic on/off feature and can be charged to save your money from buying batteries.
Why this toy?
- Laser automated and keeps your kitty occupied for hours
- Anti-collision and can be used for any room
- Need not be handheld and can be kept at a height to avoid knocking down by the cats
- Automatic on/off to keep the cat entertained when you are not around
- Saves batteries by offering USB charging
- Provides wider area to play to avoid knocking down the pets
- Silent motor inside
- Looking directly towards the laser light might be harmful for the eyes of cats as well as owners
- The USB cord provided is short and makes it difficult to connect near the charging point.
Keep your cute little tabby busy with this self-rotating interactive ball that will keep it busy throughout the day. It is a very high-end product that is made of sturdy wheels that even runs on the carpet without any hassle. It has a feather wand attached to it as a bait that will attract your pets to run behind it and try to catch it. This toy ball is rechargeable and can give around 3-4 hours of endless play to your cats. It also has an automatic on/off mode that does not tire your kitty by playing endlessly. It comes with a colour changing LED lights instead of laser to protect the eyes of the cats. The best part is that it comes with a cat collar and 3 sticks as a gift.
Why this toy?
- It is auto rotating and glides around effortlessly.
- Has an attachment for feather wand or cat toy to act as a bait
- Emits red LED light to attract the cats
- Keeps your cat physically active and gives it entertainment for long hours
- Automatic shut on/off
- Sturdy material that is resistant to very rough cats
- Made of high-quality ABS material
- Accessories can be replaced as per requirement
- It might scare the cats because of its fast-paced property.
- The attachment for the wand is not so sturdy and might be broken off by the cats
A disc shaped interactive toy with 6 exits that help in popping out the feather wand randomly from the holes thus keeping the cats active and fulfil their hunting instincts. It has 2 modes where in the blue mode activates the toy and the purple mode is the feather change mode. It mimics the hide and seek game with the cat and keeps it on its paws when the cat tries to get hold of it by pouncing and running around it. The base is quite sturdy and does not move when the cat pushes it. It has an LED lighting system that is great for a daytime play as well as night-time.
Why this toy?
- Mimics the game of hide and seek for the pet cats
- Highly interactive and stimulates the hunting instincts of the furry pets
- Improves the cat’s ability to pounce, jump and snatch
- It has an anti-skid base that protects it from sliding away when the cats pounce on it.
- Long battery life with 8-minute auto shut off/on.
- Sturdy design
- The loud noise from this toy may scare off some cats
Give your tabby a good exercise by making it run around the house with this self-rotating ball. This ball is an illuminating ball with LED lights that will attract your feline and it would run behind it to pounce and snatch. This ball is made up of extremely sturdy material that is bite proof, scratch proof, wear resistant, anti-grab, nontoxic and fall resistant. It moves on all the surfaces without any hindrance and changes direction when encounters any obstruction. It also has an attachment for a feather wand that will act as a bait for your cat to run behind it.
Why this toy?
- Illuminating ball that gives your feline a good exercise by staying indoors and engages it for quite a long time.
- It is extremely sturdy and non-breakable. It withstands falls, claws and hits.
- Self-rotating and hence you need not be around while the cat plays with it
- Changes direction when collides with any obstruction.
- Built in centrifugal force that prevents the ball from colliding
- Made up of environmentally friendly ABS material and is nontoxic
- Safe for the cats
- The ball does not roll well on thick carpets.
The Bolt is an interactive laser toy that keeps your furry feline engaged with the laser movements. The laser makes random movements across the floors and the walls keeping the cat intrigued by it and gets it glued to catching hold of it. It has an auto shut off mode after every 15 minutes to avoid overstimulation of the cats. Your cat would love to bat and chase across the random laser patterns made across the floors and walls.
Why this toy?
- It provides random patterns across the floors and walls that keeps your cat interested and occupied.
- Has auto shut off mode to avoid overstimulation.
Cats love to bat, pounce and chase across the room with these random patterns
- Automatic turn on/off after 15 minutes
- Has a built-in mirror to adjust and aim the laser on different surfaces
- The cats might knock it off as it cannot be kept at a height
- It makes a lot of noise and hence the cats might get scared
- There are not many patterns and the cats will lose interest soon.
When you own cats at home, it is evident that your furniture will not be spared by the cat paws and scratches. To avoid this, cat scratching posts have been introduced in the market that disallows the cat to damage your furniture and satisfies its scratching instincts. This scratching post is 22 inches high with a sisal rope rolled around it and soft but tough plush. The base is stable and very sturdy to avoid falling off due to the rough play by cats. It has 2 additional activities that would keep your cat engaged for a long time. The base of the scratch post has 2 tracks with 2 spinning balls and the post has a plush ball which is quite engaging and attractive.
Why this toy?
- This scratch post fulfils your cat’s desire to scratch and pounce and keeps your furniture safe.
- It has 2 fun interactive games that keeps your cat busy for longer time
It is made up of sisal rope and tough but soft plush that helps the cat to get rid of its boredom.
- Made up of non-toxic material
- It Is very sturdy and stable and has thick MDF base to prevent it from knocking it over by the cats
- It will take time for the cats to get used to this scratching post.
Tease and improvise your cat’s foraging and hunting instincts with this super interactive and challenging puzzle toy. This toy keeps changing its puzzles with every movement and follows the methodology of solving a challenge and a reward to solve each challenge. Your cat will be highly motivated to solve the puzzles for their rewards. As soon as the puzzle is solved it shifts, revealing a feeder that would comprise of dry food as your cat’s reward. It is made up of industrial strength cardboard material for high durability. It enhances mental enrichment and physical stimulation for your cats and kittens. A perfect gift for your indoor hunter.
Why this toy?
- Highly engaging toy with ever changing puzzles to keep the cats occupied.
- Follow the methodology of solving and get treated with your favourite food.
- Enhances the mental abilities and physical stimulation of the cat.
- A fun and interactive box that keeps your kitty busy for hours.
- Encourages slow eating habits to allow proper digestion, weight loss and meal management.
- Made of industrial strength double layered cardboard for durability
- It has a plant-based gloss coating that provides extra durability with grease resistance
- 100 percent eco-friendly and pet friendly material
- It might get frustrating for the cats if they are unable to solve the puzzles and mazes
The interactive toys are a best way to provide fun and entertainment for your furry felines without having to get bored and damage your household furniture. These toys have been very specifically curated and designed keeping in mind your cat’s safety and its physical and mental stimulation requirements. Encourage your felines to be active and occupied with these shortlisted and carefully picked up toys from a range of toys as they stand out in their functionality and durability as compared to others.