Hoverboards, also known as self-balancing scooters, are in trend these days. They look pretty cool, and they are very advanced when it comes to traveling from one point to another. Riding on a hoverboard gives you a fantastic feeling. Most of the hoverboards are designed for both children and adults. But, you can buy a child-specific hoverboard for your child.
There are a few factors that you should keep in mind while making the final choice of a hoverboard for your child. Buying the best hoverboard for your child would be easier for you, this way, and you will end up opting for what your child’s age, interest, and other factors suit. The factors mentioned below are sufficient enough to make a solid and safe choice.If you still are not sure, take a look at our Buying Guide to know more. We have discussed more on various factors that you must consider, especially while buying hoverboards for kids
Moreover, you can then buy a hoverboard that your child can enjoy during his or her leisure time and can use it to reach a nearby location safely.
Lightweight Construction and Durable
The very first concern on your list while buying a hoverboard should be its durability. Your kid needs a tough framed hoverboard to withstand some abuse and last for a longer time. But at the same time, he or she wants it as light as possible to carry it. A durable hoverboard means that it will have a longer life on the road, while a lightweight constructed model will give it more speed and will make it easy to carry.
It will be a plus point if a hoverboard has a training mode. This will make the use of hoverboard easier for beginners. The training mode will further help the newbies to learn the basics at a slow speed.
Another concern while buying a hoverboard should be its speed. No one wants their children to use a hoverboard at high speeds that could cause injury to them or pedestrians nearby. Thus, you should ensure that your kid is traveling at the recommended maximum speed of 8-10 mph. The safest zone to travel is at eight, but to make it a more exciting ride; you could go for ten and not more than that.
Here are 10 of the best hoverboard for kids that complement the above and are perfect to invest your money in:
10 Best Hoverboards For Kids
|Hoverboard for kids||Safety Standards||Max. Speed||Check Now|
|UNI SUN Hoverboard||CE,RoHS,FCC and UL 2272 certified||9 MPH||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|HOVERSTAR HS2.0 Hoverboard||Certificated||6-10 MPH||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|JOLEGE Hoverboard||UL2272 certified||12 MPH||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|TPS 6.5 Hoverboard||UL2272 Certified||6 MPH||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Chic Hoverboard||UL2272 Certified||6 MPH||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|VEVELINE Hoverboard||UL2272 Certified||6 MPH||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Felimoda Hoverboard||UL2272 Certified||9 MPH||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|CHO POWER SPORTS Hoverboard||UL2272 Certified||7-9 MPH||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|FLYING-ANT Hoverboard||UL2272 Certified||12 MPH||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|DOC Smart Hoverboard||UL2272 Certified||10 MPH||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Top Hoverboards For Kids Reviews
This hoverboard is everything a kid would ever want to opt for. The Bluetooth support, attractive catchy lights, wireless speaker, and also foot sensors. It also gives amusement amongst teens, and not just only the kids. Moreover, the solid and sturdy body goes along for the whole family. The dual 300-watt hub motors also perform very well, in terms of covering distances. There are also multiple models and series available.
- 6.5 inches colorful flashing wheel.
- An attractive LED front light with a firm and robust body structure.
- Bluetooth supported device system.
- It comes with an in-built wireless speaker.
- Multi design series like chrome series, Pure-color series, and funny series are available for kids aged from 4 to 8 years.
- All the modes have the support of speakers and sidelight.
- Fit for the kids and teens as well.
- Gyroscopic foot sensor for swift responses to angles and easy to control
- It also comes with a smart self-balancing feature for ensuring right balance and a free ride anywhere.
- The battery dies very fast.
- Too flashy
This second-generation U.S. Hoverboard is worth the money. Supreme quality in build and chic looks are the commendable features to go for. The controllable speed, automated Bluetooth speaker, bright and colorful lights are kids’ favorite. The certifications for kid safety are also another reason for parents to buy it. Moreover, it has a firm construction and is equipped with a 36V-4A battery for hitting a maximum of up to 10 miles.
- Two wheels include self-balancing flash.
- Front LED light makes the appearance even more eye-catching.
- A safety-certified hoverboard guarantees stability and protection.
- Bluetooth speakers (wireless) are also added for enjoying music while riding.
- The platform height is around 115 mm.
- Speed of around 6 to 10 MPH.
- Premium quality engineering involved in the manufacture.
- An all-new inner structuring.
- Enhanced anti-fire features for more durability.
- Carrying case included in the pack, for better and easy handling.
- Compatible with all kinds of terrain.
- Battery life can be improved
The Jolege hoverboard measures a perfect 6.5 inch and comes with two very sturdy balancing wheels. With this, riding can become easier and more fun than ever. It can go straight or even rotate itself. Also, the functionality and slip resistance pedal is also there to amaze the hikers.
Battery indicator lights and the adaptation of the footbed to all kinds of pavements like uphill or gravel are very good features.
- Powerful self-balance system to get more control.
- It can rotate 360 degrees.
- LED front flashlights for night driving also.
- Strong and wireless quality speakers also included.
- Sleek and modern designed body, for the kids.
- All kinds of impressive features and available at a very low price.
- The balancing is intuitive and works well for even beginners of hobbyists.
- The skateboard with excellent traction performs really well in covering more distances.
- Warranty for safety and batteries are also a fact to consider.
- Lights are too flashy.
- Battery life is less.
The fourth hoverboard scooter comes with a modern in-built Bluetooth speaker and does not only end there. There are also rechargeable batteries. It has passed the UL2272 safety tests, and it is a certified product. Moreover, the balancing system is provided to learn to ride from scratch.
Covering up to 6 miles, it has given a very commendable performance over time. With a chic layout and unparalleled color styles, it has won the hearts of the riders.
- Rechargeable batteries are covered on the scooter.
- The advancement in the self-balancing system is up to the mark.
- Dual 300 watt motors are working behind it.
- 6.5 inches of flat rubber tires.
- LED headlights for providing a much protected and fun, quirk ride.
- Ranges up to 6 miles.
- Lightweight functional scooter.
- Easy for handling and control management.
- Charging time takes less than 5 hours.
- A versatile model for maximum foot support.
- Special LED wheels for providing more fun to the riders.
- Covers a shorter range over others.
- The maximum climbing angle does not exceed 17 degrees.
The package comes with a bag and a charger. Chic rechargeable Hoverboard is safety certified. The attractive and catchy lights work really well for the kids. The high-quality LED lights and advanced self-balancing make it the perfect skateboard for the children and the beginners. Moreover, the Bluetooth speaker has the feature to connect to all kinds of mobile devices.
- 6.5 inches flat wheels.
- Covers up to 7 miles with one time full charging.
- The maximum climbing angle is 17 degrees.
- The battery reaches 36V and 2.0 A.
- This package includes a hoverboard, a manual, and one charger.
- Dual motors, for the kid’s fun.
- The music comes out loud and clear, which matters a lot for the kids.
- With this skateboard, learning riding skills have become much easier.
- Safe for kids, as it has passed the certificates.
- The LED front lights come as highly intense, eye-catching for kids.
- The Bluetooth speakers cut the use of wires and connectable to all mobile devices.
- It does not cover more than 7 miles at once.
- Battery life needs improvement
Out of all the recent gaming gadgets introduced, the VEVELINE Hoverboard is the most simple and most comfortable for any individual to use. Irrespective of a person’s age, the robust self-balancing feature, and simple learning system are what make it safer and easier to use for every individual.
It lets you connect any of your portable devices to the inbuilt wireless speakers so that you can swirl around with tuning to your favorite track without plugging any ear cords. The hoverboards contain flash wheels and in-built lights to guide your way in the darkness and eventually to let you enjoy the ride.
The buyer gets a warranty of 3 months. Customer feedback is really important, and in case of any technical flaw in the product, a professional team is always ready to fix it.
- Classy design
- 5-inch rubber tires provide enhanced safety and assure a smooth riding experience.
- All the hoverboards are tested multiples times through several electrical tests.
- Inbuilt lights and wireless speakers
- 360-degree flexibility.
- Availability of high quality LED lights.
- Inbuilt woofer speakers.
- Limited weight capacity.
- Not safe for inexperienced kids.
The Felimonda Hoverboard is one of its kind and ensures the complete safety of the rider. This hoverboard contains the powerful 3000W brushless motors, which can let a rider travel at a speed of 9MPH. It can carry a weight of more than 250 lbs. You can go to a maximum of 7.5 miles once the gadget is fully charged.
The hoverboard provides additional LED lights to make traveling possible in the dark, along with hard vacuum tires of 6.5 inches. Moreover, a hoverboard rider can twist and turn while riding it as the gadget contains the 360-degree rotational feature, along with a fantastic climbing gradient system.
- Freestyle Rotation
- UL2272 Certified
- Additional LED Lights.
- Long-lasting battery.
- A fun activity for kids.
- Overcharging may hamper the life of the gadget.
Here is a new hoverboard, CHO POWER SPORTS 2020 Electric Hoverboard, that is definitely going to be a hit in the hoverboard niche.
The hoverboard is certified by UL and fulfills all the compliances regarding enhanced performance and quality charging. The hoverboard comes up with LED lights of high intensity to swirl around on your hoverboard at night as well. The robust self-balancing feature and simple learning system are what make it safer and easier to use for every individual.
Moreover, a rider can twist and turn in any degree without any physical discomfort. You can connect any portable device to the inbuilt speakers to listen to their favorite music and simultaneously can get indulged in any other leisure activity.
- Remarkable Flexibility
- Wireless Speakers
- UL Certified
- Way lighter and smaller in comparison to Segway.
- Long-lasting battery.
- The use of different low-quality chargers can lead to the hoverboards catching fire.
- Without regular practice, it might be harmful to the kids riding hoverboards.
The FLYING-ANT Hoverboard is easily reachable and present in the market in an intensive range of colors and styles. All of this is taken one step further by a full bunch of LED lights, which alongside great looks, also bring additional safety to the board during darker conditions. Moreover, the material that’s used to make it is anti-fire and also water-resistant. It has a self-balancing ability to balance the scooter as riding.
This hoverboard is coming in 4 colors, at present online, with stylish LED light on wheels, and you can control the lighting effect and music. The device has a built-in wireless speaker. So have fun with this device inside or outside to explore activities. We will recommend you to buy this Flying-ant hoverboard If you are elevated above the ground, so you need a safe hoverboard that keeps protecting you.
- This hoverboard is light in weight
- Self-balancing hoverboard
- UL certified
- It is best as a gift for friends
- The hoverboard is suitable for both adults and kids
- Excellent speed and range
- Impressive power and performance
- Comfortable to ride
- Not waterproof device
If you think about quality and style as your preferred requirements for a hoverboard, the Electric hoverboard scooter is the best recommendation. With the self-balancing design, you’ll expect a cushy gliding experience. Electric hoverboards have a charging time of 2 hours. It has a LED flashlight, at the front and upside of the flash wheel. If we talk of its wireless speakers, they are the coolest ones with extraordinary sound effects.
It comes with a non-slip foot pad that is thicker and stronger. Also, this Electric hoverboard is suitable for beginners and professional riders. Besides that, the material of wheels is made up of rubber.
- Short charge time
- All-terrain wheels
- UL-certified battery
- Loud Bluetooth speaker
- Supports 180-pound loads
- Great battery life and speed.
- Excellent quality.
- Easy to ride and very safe.
- Works perfectly.
- Worth the money.
- It may be heavy for kids
- It takes a long time to charge.
A Quick Buying Guide for the Best Hoverboard for Kids
Here is what all you must make certain to look out for in a hoverboard for your kid apart from its weight, durability, training mode, etc.
1. Powerful Motor
No doubt, a motor is one such salient factor that makes your hoverboard powerful. It is rightly said that the bigger one is better. And hence, for better performance, a 400-watt motor is recommended than a 200-watt motor.
2. Tire Type
Tires of a hoverboard are more important than you think. Tires can be small or large. Some of them offer better traction, and some may provide a better grip. The size of the tire not only affects the stability of the ride but also gives an idea of the land you can ride on. If your child is just riding on the sidewalk, one with smaller tires would be fine. However, one with larger tires should be selected for off-road rides.
Tires of the hoverboard are of two types: plastic and rubber. Both categories have their significance. Plastic tires are solid and don’t have inner tubes. So, they are good for hard surfaces and not much used on soft surfaces. They wear out easily as they are solid. On the other hand, rubber tires or pneumatic tires are long-lasting than plastic tires.
They provide a smooth ride on most of the surfaces. You may choose a hoverboard keeping the surface in the mind. On hard surfaces, rubber tires are second to plastic/solid tires.
3. Overall Safety
Safety features should be your priority while choosing a hoverboard for your kid. Earlier, hoverboards used to catch fire easily because of the overheating of batteries. Some cases were even reported due to faulty batteries. But stricter standards like UL 2272 have been introduced to minimize such accidents.
Before buying a hoverboard, check whether it is UL 2272-certified. A certified hoverboard has no risk of overheating. Besides this, you should get a reliable helmet, knee and elbow pads to ensure safety.
4. Battery Life and Charging Time
We want longer battery life of all machines, be it your mobile phone or your kid’s hoverboard. A hoverboard for a kid is meant for enjoyment. Thus, the life of the battery used in it should be sufficient to reach the desired destination. It should last a few hours for proper enjoyment when children go out with their friends.
Usually, most of the products last for an hour or so. The battery life depends on the mileage covered, speed, and time of usage. The charging time of a hoverboard may vary from model to model. Also, it is advised not to buy one that makes you wait for 5 hours to charge its battery and, in return, gives 1 hour of riding time.
5. Age factor
Kids of different ages use hoverboards. Some kids, especially younger ones, might take a bit more time to learn to operate a hoverboard. You need to be careful while buying one for your kid. You need to ensure that its working is not that complex. After all, a comfortable ride comes when anyone knows how to operate the machine, trust its working, and relax their body on it.
6. Appropriate and Safe Size
Like any other vehicle, one of your top concerns while buying a hoverboard should be its size. This is an important factor that might affect your choice of the hoverboard. The appropriate size of the hoverboard depends on personal preference and where your kid will be riding it. Ideally, 4.5” is recommended for youngsters in the family whereas 6.5” is recommended for kids of all ages.
If the surface of the road is uneven, then you may go with an 8.5” road-model as it will offer more ground clearance and better grip.
7. Weight Limitation
For kids, there is a minimum weight recommendation of 30lbs for 6.5” and 8.5”, and about 40lbs for 10” with rubber tires. The maximum weight is rarely a problem. So, while choosing a hoverboard for your kid, you should think of the recommended minimum weight.
Well, while opting for a hoverboard for your kid, especially online, a checklist is always a handy tool. You must ensure including the above-listed points such as speed, safety, the material of the product, stability, and more. This way, you will not just invest in a product that is good enough when it comes to the best options available but interests your kid too.
If you ask us, we would highly recommend opting for self-balancing ones such as UNI-SUN Hoverboard with a good speed of around 9 MPH. It would be neither too fast for your kid nor too slow.
Besides that, the HOVERSTAR HS2.0 Hoverboard is another one suggested by us. This is because of its overall look, which is kids-friendly. Moreover, along with that, it comes in a huge range of colors to select from and a speed of 10 MPH that is good enough.
For any queries, don’t hesitate to contact us. Do comnment below!!