If you are a doting parent in search of the best educational toys for your six-year-old kid, then you have landed on the right page. In this article, we are going to talk about the fifteen best educational toys that are the favorite of parents, children, and educators across the globe.
You can surely gift your child a stuffed toy, barbie, or a push back car. To wonder they are fun to play with, but with little educational value.
What sets the educational toys apart from regular ones is their ability to impart important lessons through games and play. Hence, these toys are fun and beneficial for your child.
But how would you know which is the best educational toy for your six-year-old?
Here are two crucial considerations that you must take into account while selecting educational toys;
Educational value: There are various types of skills that toys are designed to enhance. However, a single toy cannot do it all. You will have to know the skill you are trying to teach your child and choose the toy accordingly.
Ease of Playing: An educational toy that is too easy to play with, will bore your child pretty soon. A game that is too complex to operate will end up in the corner, collecting dust. Hence, choose a toy that you think will suit your child’s cognitive faculty.
If you are all set to peruse the list of the fifteen best educational toys we have made, then scroll down slowly.
In case you still want to know more about other points of considerations before buying an educational you, scroll fast and head towards the end of this article to check out the Buying Guide.
Best Educational Toys for 6-Year-Olds
|Educational toys||What’s Good||What’s Bad||Buy Now|
|Flybar My First Foam Pogo Jumper||Develops balance and motor skills||No major con||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Jasonwell Aqua Magic Doodle Mat||Enhances creative and imaginative skills||Takes time to dry if humidity is high||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|ThinkFun Zingo Sight Words||Spelling and vocabulary development||Less word variety||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|VTech Rock and Bop Music Player||Entertaining & educational gadget||Headphone Is prone to damage||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|ThinkFun Math Dice Junior Game||Great for learning basic math||Might not attract kids’ attention||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Skillmatics Educational Game, Animal Planet||Engages kids in logical thinking||A tad tough||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|IQ BUILDER Creative Construction Engineering||STEM Learning||Choking hazard||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|CreativeELF Drawing Stencils||Creative and Imaginative play||Fewer drawing paper||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|CoolToys Monkey Balance Toy||Basic math learning||Pieces can get lost||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Sunny Auntie Magnetic Building Blocks||Safe and Easy to play with||Only 36 tiles||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Magblock Magnetic Building Blocks||Safe, easy and offers variety||Expensive||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|GRACEON Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles||Encourages to think critically||Blocks can get mixed up||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|HUSAN Electronic Piggy Bank||Instills money-saving habit||Voice command option is not good||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Key Education Carson Dellosa ,Sentence Building Literacy Resource||Helps with grammar||Noun cards are more than verb cards||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Educational Insights GeoSafari Jr. Talking Microscope||Imparts general knowledge||Expensive||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Watch your six-year-old hop around with joy on this pogo stick by Flybar. It is a comfortable toy that is ergonomically designed so that your child’s playtime is fun, active and comfortable.
Your kid will get ample healthy exercise on this toy and learn to better the body balance. You can also expect your kid to display better hand-eye coordination after getting enough time to jump around on it.
The Flybar pogo stick is designed with durable material. It creates an engaging boing-boing squeaking sound as your child keeps hopping. The cord stretches quite a bit, and you can expect it to last over the years.
- suitable for kids aged three years and above
- Pogo stick supports up to 250 lbs. weight
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- The bungee cord stretches up to 40%
- Makes boing-boing squeaking sound
- Comfortable foam handles
- Flexible bungee cord
- Does not scratch floor
- High quality and durable
- No major con
Doodling mats are one of the best educational toys for kids. Playing with it enhances kids’ imagination and develops motor skills.
The Jasonwell reusable aqua mat in XL size lets several kids share the joy of painting. The Aqua painting mat comes with special pens, stamps, and stencils so that drawing is non-messy. To use the magic pens, all you have to do is fill it with clean water.
You don’t need to worry about wiping or rinsing this cleaning mat, either. The paint vanishes by itself just after three to ten minutes of painting.
- Size of the Aqua mat is 39.5 X 31.5 inches
- The package includes the drawing mat, five magic pens, six stamps, six drawing templates, and six drawing molds
- Aqua mat is reusable
- Drawing vanishes after 3 to 10 minutes
- Non-messy drawing kit
- Encourages imaginative play
- XL mat lets multiple kids draw at the same time
- In the humid areas, mat takes longer to dry
Zingo is a fast-paced game that will teach your six-year-old to read sight words quicker. Sight words are words that sound straightforward but have a more complex spelling. These words have been selected by the top educators of the world. They amount to 50 to 75% of all written materials. The game is a sure way to get your little one to read more fluently.
Two to six children can enjoy playing with this educational toy at a time. Each card has two sides. The green side has simpler words that are suitable for pre-school kids. The red side of the card will perhaps be more suitable for six-year-old kids.
- 2 to 6 kids can play at a time
- Package includes the Zingo disposing toy, 72 Zingo tiles, 6xcards and instructions
- Each card has two sides— green and red
- This educational toy helps in reading skill development
- Kids think quicker while playing this game
- Simple and fun game for learning spellings
- A few parents think the variety of words could be better
Kids love pretend-playing. So, the next time your six-year-old wants to play with your mobile, hand your little one this mobile-shaped music player. It can play ten educational songs that help your child learn alphabets, numbers, animals, time, instruments, and more.
It also features a music remix mode that lets your child choose between violin, guitar, xylophone, saxophone, and piano. The package includes a child-safe headphone as well.
- Suitable for little children above three years of age
- The mobile has ten educational songs
- Features music remix mode
- Requires 2 AAA batteries
- Product dimensions: 6.2 x 3.3 x 0.7 inches
- The package includes a child-safe headphone
- Inspires early learning
- Remix mode offers a variety of
- Interacting with the player’s screen enhances fine motor skills
- Available in pink and blue color
- Encourages imaginative pretend-playing
- Headset is flimsy
Buy this toy set for your six-year-old child if you want to make math seem fun. It has one 12-sided dice and five 6-sided ones. It also includes a bag and a scoring track. This educational toy instills not just basic maths skills but also engages players in healthy competition.
In this game, players play to get close to a certain target number by adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. If your kid is already doing well in maths, then you can as well introduce the concept of exponents with the help of this educational toy set.
The lightweight game is easily portable and highly fun. Once your little one gets the hang of it, basic maths will be at his or her finger-tips.
- Suitable for kids who are six years or older
- The toy includes one 12-sided dice, five 6 sided dices, a scoring track, storing bag and instructions
- Terrific for learning maths
- You can switch between basic and advanced game strategies
- Makes a hard subject like maths seem fun
- Lightweight and easily portable
- Some Kids might not find it engaging enough
Guess in 10 is an engaging game with a unique set of rules. In this game, you get ten chances to guess an animal by asking up to ten questions. There are fifty-two cards. So, multiple players can engage at the same time.
The rules are fairly simple. The first player to win seven cards wins. This toy set will teach your kids the art of coming up with intelligent questions. It also widens their horizons to think and deduce better in order to reach conclusion.
- The toy pack includes 52 game cards and six clue cards
- Game is suitable for six-year-olds and above
- The cards have the names of animals on it.
- Improves logical thinking
- Makes children smarter
- People of all ages will find this game interesting
- Can be a tad difficult for little kids
Let your child engage in the best building game ever designed that prompts STEM learning. The toy comes in a transparent box and contains 164 pieces of colorful parts for building unique designs.
There are three detailed instruction manuals given— beginner, intermediate, and advanced. You can use the one that you think is best for your kid. Give this to your six-year-old and let your child learn STEM in the process of having fun.
This toy is one of the most recommended by educators around the world. Several schools use it to demonstrate the basic concept of 3D objects and geometry. You can purchase it to do the same at home.
- The pack contains 164 pieces – 88 connecters, 40 connecting balls, and 5x wheels
- BPA free plastic is safe for kids
- Three instruction manuals for different levels of STEM learning
- Comes in a transparent plastic box
- The 164 building pieces gives scope for making unlimited designs
- Exciting and engaging STEM learning tool
- Plastic container makes it easy to store
- Washing in warm water would not fade the color
- Small plastic parts pose choking hazard
Give wings to your child’s creativity and let them have fun with this fifty-four piece kit. It is one of the best drawing sets for children as it comes in a travel-friendly package and cuts the mess.
Your child can practice drawing by following the shape of stencils or draw out of imagination. The kit comprises of twenty-five sheets of paper, ten color pencils, a sharpener, and three added color pens for some extra fun.
- The drawing kit includes 25 sheets of paper, 10 color pencils, 1 sharpener, 3 extra pens, and 16 stencils
- The package comes in a travel-friendly storage box
- Stencils are washable
- The stencils have fun shapes
- Encourages creativity
- Stencils are of good quality
- Compact drawing kit is travel-friendly
- Only twenty-five pieces of paper come in the set
Monkey balance is a beginner math learning toy for six-year-olds and above. The toy includes the monkey balance, ten weighted numbers, nineteen monkeys, thirty double-sided challenge cards, and instructions.
In this game, the players try to balance the scale according to the challenge card they have drawn. They use the weighted numbers and the monkeys for balancing both sides. If the player adjusts the scale successfully, he or she wins the card. The first player to collect five cards wins!
It is a breeze to assemble the scale. The game is simple yet exciting. It is a preferred toy of parents in America to teach their kids the basics of mathematics
- The package includes the monkey scale, challenge cards, 19 monkey weights, and 10 weighted numbers
- You will have to assemble the scale
- The scientifically designed weighted numbers ensure accuracy
- Fun, interesting and educational toy
- Setting up the monkey scale is a breeze
- Little monkey weights might get lost
- Choking hazard
If you are looking for some hazard-free building toy for your six-year-old, we have it right here for you. The set includes thirty-six pieces of magnetic building blocks of different colors. Your child can create various shapes and designs using his or her imagination.
It enhances the cognitive faculty and augments the fine motor skills. Using this educational toy, you can also demonstrate the basic concept of geometry to your kid.
- The toy includes thirty-six pieces of magnetic tiles and a building guide
- There are 18 square tiles and 18 triangles
- Non-toxic and BPA-free
- Made of ABS plastic
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- STEM learning toy
- Rounded off edges
- Magnetic blocks take lesser time in construction
- Fabric bag makes storage easier
- Tiles are good quality
- Safe for kids
- Tiles can get lost
- A limited number of designs can be built using the thirty-six magnetic tiles
The 103 pieces of pastel color building blocks offer your six-year-old child ample ways to express his or her creative zest. The blocks are made of ABS plastic and come in a wide variety of shapes.
The STEM toy allows your child to blend creativity with logic and make beautiful designs. The Magblock Building blocks is a bit expensive, but it is one of the best educational toys for six-year-olds you will get anywhere.
- The STEM building set includes 101 pieces of magnetic building block, 2x wheels, a transparent jar, and building guide
- Made with non-toxic and durable ABS plastic
- Pastel color blocks look pretty
- Your kid can make a wide variety of designs with this toy set
- Lets your child blend logic and imagination
- Safe for children
- Bit expensive
This is one of the best educational toys for six-year-olds. With these puzzles, your child will learn to employ logic in a better manner. This educational toy acts as a tool to better your kid’s cognitive faculty and problem-solving skills.
The set includes three colorful sceneries that are divided into sixty pieces. These puzzles are safe for kids to use, as these are made of cardboard material and have rounded edges.
- The toy includes three pieces of puzzle— Underwater, space and Jurassic park
- Size of each puzzle is 11.81 x 8.85 inches
- Each puzzle consists of 60 small blocks
- The educational puzzle game is good for developing problem-solving skills
- Cardboard material puzzle blocks are safer for kids
- Pieces of different puzzle board can get mixed up
- Putting it together can be a serious test of patience
Learning to save money is an essential lesson that parents should teach their children early on in their lives. Besides, your little one would be thrilled to have a small saving of their own.
It is an electronic piggy bank that operates on 3 AA batteries. Once you place a dollar bill in front of it, the bank will automatically absorb it.
It is a spacious piggy bank protected by four-digit passcode. You can deposit up to a hundred pieces of paper money or six-hundred coins.
- The package includes the electronic piggy bank and a screwdriver
- Requires 3 AA batteries
- Features a voice mode
- Can hold 100 coins or 600 paper money
- Separate inlet for coins and paper money
- Develops the habit of saving money
- Four-digit passcode protects privacy and shields against theft
- Spacious piggy bank
- Can automatically absorb paper money
- Voice mode does not function properly
- Changing the factory set password can be tricky
The Carson Dellosa is yet another one of the best educational toys for six-year-olds. Buy it for your kid, and you will be surprised at how quickly your child is learning to put full sentences together. The set contains eighty-six cards that offer a wide variety of grammar and reading games.
- The pack of eighty-eight cards includes 55 words, 4 punctuation cards, and 27 photo cards
- Suitable for kids over five years
- Educational toy NCTE and NAEYC standards
- Hands-on educational toy develops grammar
- Improves cognitive skills
- The small cards can get lost
- Verb cards are way lesser than noun cards
It is a toy microscope for kids who are in their preschool or primary school. It comes with twenty prepared slides. Your six-year-old can place any slide and set the microscope on the fact or quiz mode to know more on the subject. You can also choose between four languages- English, Spanish, German, and French. The quality is top-notch that gives kids a realistic feeling of using a real microscope.
- The interactive microscope has four language options- English, French, German and Spanish
- Comes with twenty slides of insects
- Two modes- facts mode and quiz modes
- Requires 3 AAA batteries
- Built-in storage for slides
- Kid-friendly focus
- Top-notch build quality
- Multiple language options
- Imparts general knowledge
- Interactive toy
- Some users had trouble shutting the in-built storage drawer
Things to Consider before Purchasing the Best Educational Toys:
Here are the considerations that stand crucial while you are selecting educational toys for your six-year-old child;
1. Engaging Quotient
A toy is nothing if it fails to capture the attention of your child. The best educational toys are ones that are thoroughly entertaining and enriching at the same time. So, while looking for a toy, never overlook this factor.
2. Build Quality
You certainly do not want to buy a toy over and again. So, don’t compromise on the build quality. On the contrary, invest in more durable toys, because a child is unlikely to be very careful with toys while playing.
3. Age Recommendation
While buying an educational toy, look up the age recommendation column. This factor decides how easy or complicated a game will be for your child. If you miss this factor, you might end up with a toy that your child is
4. Skill Enhancement
An educational toy will stand true to its name only if it caters positively to the physical, logical, creative, social, or emotional development of your child. To know better, read the pros and cons section of each of the products very carefully before purchasing.
5. Safety Factor
It is the most basic consideration you must make as a parent before handing any toy to your child. The toys should always be safe for children’s use. And if any educational toy has small parts, or is electrically operated, make sure that your child is under the supervision of an adult.
While choosing an educational toy for your child, do not overlook the fun factor. Children run on instinct. If a toy fails to catch the attention of your child, your little one will discard it immediately.
Do you want to know which is our pick for the best educational toy for six-year-olds?
We think that the Flybar My First Foam Pogo Jumper is the best one. It is an inexpensive toy that teaches balance and coordination. Moreover, it is a versatile toy; your kid can use it both indoors and outdoors. Our second pick will be the Jasonwell Aqua Magic Doodle Mat. This educational drawing mat in XL size lets your child be creative but cuts the mess.
If you have queries or suggestions regarding any of the fifteen products, write a comment. We shall reply as soon as we can.