Beyblade burst are loved worldwide. The specialty of Beyblade burst toys is, you can take your gameplay to another level with these. In the burst battles, you can score extra points if you can burst-open your opponent’s Bey with yours.
If you are looking for the best top from the Beyblade burst series, then it is likely that either you are a child who wants the best of the best, or you are a parent trying to search for a Bey your child would love. Either way, this article is going to help you find the best Beyblade burst.
As the Beyblade burst tops have a slightly complex mechanism and come in an innumerable variety, you are likely to feel a bit confused. It will be somewhat confusing if you are a new blader and wholly perplexing if you are a parent who knows nothing about this game!
Always keep in mind the below-mentioned points while purchasing a top to get the best Beyblade burst toy:
- Type of Beyblade Burst– There are four primary types of burst Beys- attack, defend, stamina, and balance. Each type has its own purpose. Choose the type according to your Beyblade battle strategy. If you are a first-time Beyblade buyer, then we suggest you buy a balance type top.
- Gimmick– Most of the Beys can perform a gimmick that gives it a degree of specialty. Some Beys have an adjustable height, some pop-out wings, and some can launch another mini-Bey when knocked. The gimmicks are written on the back of the package (in Japanese). However, if you are from the USA and can’t read Japanese, then read this article to find out more about special gimmicks of the best Beyblade burst tops.
- Outlook– You will have to agree that the look of your Bey can have an impact on the mind of your opponent. If you choose a deadly-looking Bey, you win half the battle. So, always choose a formidable-looking Beyblade for constant victories.
If you want to keep looking for more tips to buy the best Beyblade burst, then read our Buying Guide, which is where we have discussed a few other factors that are crucial while purchasing Beyblade burst tops. But if you are an experienced blader already, then here are the ten best Beyblade burst in 2020 that we have listed after much research and thorough testing.
Best Beyblade Burst 2020
|Best Beyblade Burst||Driver Type||Weight||Spinning Direction||Electric Powered Driver||Buy Now|
|Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst B 149-GT||Attack|
|8.5 ounces (combined weight)||NA||NO||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Beyblade Burst GT B-153||Balance|
|1.05 lbs. (combined weight)||NA||Yes (one driver is battery powered)||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst GT B-154 DX||Attack||4.8 ounces||Both Ways||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst B-129||Balance||3.2 ounces||Both Ways||NO||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst GT B-145 DX||Balance||7.4 ounces||Both Ways||NO||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst B-150||Balance||4.2 ounces||Right spinning||NO||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Takara Tomy B-97 Beyblade Burst||Attack||4.2 ounces||Left spinning||NO||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Takara Tomy B-127 Beyblade||Attack||5 ounces||Left spinning||NO||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Takara Tomy B-105 Beyblade||Balance||3.84 ounces||Left spinning||NO||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Takara Tomy B-110 Beyblade||Attack||3.52 ounces||Right spinning||NO||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Top Beyblade Burst Reviews
The Beyblade burst B-149 GT triple booster is a newly launched set that comes with three Beyblades. This set contains the Slash Dragon, Lord Spriggan, and the Dead Bahamut.
It is a cost-effective package that lets you add three amazing Beyblade burst tops to your collection. The reason for us to rank this as the best Beyblade burst is because one of the three drivers in this pack is the Octa driver. This driver is a specialty that Hasbro sold separately up until now. Even the Lord Spriggan is a pretty rare and awesome type of Bey that you get along with this pack.
With this one in your grip, you will not have to fish for left or right spinning Beys. This set has it all. The Slash Dragon spins right, the Dead Bahamut is a left spinning Beyblade, and the Lord Spriggan can spin both ways (you have to shift gears though).
So, if you want your Beyblade to be the last-one-spinning in the Bey stadium, then this pack is a must.
- Triple booster set contains three Beyblades- Slash Dragon, Lord Spriggan and Dead Bahamut
- The set includes all three types of Beyblades- Attack, defense, and stamina
- Wing of the Beyblade opens during spinning due to centrifugal force
- Good quality material
- The package includes 3 energy layers, 3 forge disks and 3 performance tips, stickers, and manual
- Value for money pack
- Lord Spriggan is super strong and tight
- The driver of Lord Spriggan spins both left and right
- Features infinite lock system
- The pack includes all three types of Beys- Stamina, Attack, and Defense
- Does not include a launcher
- An addition of a balance type Bey would have been nice
NOTE: Most of the Hasbro and Takara LR launchers will work with these blades.
In the second position, we have another value for money Beyblade set waiting for you to grab it. In the GT B-153 set, you get four Beyblades.
- Eraise Fafnir
- Cosmo Dragon
- Prime Apocalypse
- Regalia genesis
While we have seen the first two Beys in several other sets, the latter two are relatively new additions by Takara Tommy. The Prime Apocalypse and Regalia genesis feature the ‘Infinite lock system,’ which means it will be super tough for your opponent to burst your Beys to score points.
The hybrid driver is battery powered, so these are pretty strong and will pose a mighty challenge to your rival in the Beystadium. However, changing batteries of the hybrid driver can be a bit tricky, although an instruction manual is given in the package.
- Set includes four Beyblades
- The material is a mix of plastic and metal
- Regalia Genesis has a hybrid driver that require batteries (pre-installed)
- The package includes 4 energy layers, 4 forge disks, and 4 performance tips, stickers, and instructions.
- the hybrid driver has a gear switch. You can choose to make it go left or right.
- The pack includes two latest launches from Beyblade
- Heavyweight tops packs extra punch in Burst battles
- Putting the Regalia Genesis together will take a bit time
Want to be the invincible champion of Beyblade battles and tournaments? Then the Imperial Dragon IG is a must in your collection.
We think it to be one of the best Beyblade burst as it is the one of the heaviest Bey, features a battery-operated driver (attack type), and goes both ways. With this Bey, you will not have to shift a gear right or left; it has a mind of its own. The Imperial Dragon Ig will perform splendidly in the stadium.
The electric driver gives it tons of stamina to keep it spinning for long. It also features a cool green light atop, that will make your Beyblade burst stand out against your competitors.
- The driver is battery operated (pre-installed)
- Features lights
- It is an attack-type Beyblade
- This Beyblade burst weighs 4.8 ounces
- The pack contains 1 energy layer, 1 forge disc, and 1 driver
- This Beyblade burst evolves with continuous use
- Battery operated driver gives it extra stamina
- Rotates both ways without gear changing
- Once the Beyblade burst evolves, it is irreversible
Anyone who loves Beys recognizes Achilles to be one of the best tops that were ever created. Here is the upgraded version of your favorite Beyblade burst with better attacking power, more stamina, and a brand new LR launcher with an extra-long string.
The Cho-Z Achilles is a balance type Bey that can stand even against the toughest Regalia genesis. It has a red body, and you can launch it in any direction with the LR launcher it comes with.
We are placing it fourth because the disc in this Bey is 00. It is the heaviest disc there is. So, even if it is great for defending, it will not spin the fastest or let your Beyblade to be very aggressive in battles.
- It is a balance type Beyblade
- Comes with an LR launcher
- weighs 3.2 ounces
- Spins in both directions
- The package includes 1 energy layer, 1 forge disc, 1 driver, 1 LR launcher, stickers, and LR launcher
- Burst stoppers activate if you launch it hard
- The launcher has extra launch string
- Balance type Beyblade can take hits well
- Slightly tougher to activate the burst stopper
- 00 forge disc weakens its attacking potential
The venom Diabolos is one of the strongest Beyblade bursts you will ever find. It is a unique type of Beyblade toy and is pretty versatile.
It has a mini blade that can/might launch on the stadium by detaching itself from the main body of the Venom Diabolos is hit hard by rival’s top. If you choose this as your preferred Bey in a battle, this top gives you a double chance to win. Cool, right?
Furthermore, it comes with two bases— the white eraser base, which is left spinning, and the dark venom base, which spins in a clockwise direction. There is also a launcher with an extra-long ripcord that helps you launch the Beys to your advantage.
- Balance type Beyblade
- Material is both plastic and metal
- The weight of the Venom diabolos is 7.4 ounces
- The package includes- Gachi chip, 2 bases, vanguard disc, bullet performance tip, stickers and manual
- Stronger teeth
- Aggressive look
- vanguard disc gives stamina and maintains balance
- Bullet driver can launch a mini Beyblade
- Erase base (white) lacks smaller wings
- The driver (although effective) is a little flimsy
You will absolutely love the union Achilles Beyblade burst if you are a fan of customizability. This Bey has two modes for different types of Beyblade battle strategies. With this one in your collection, you can be the king/queen of versatile Beyblade battling strategies.
There is a cool union sword base. When you keep the base on, the Bey is in the attack mode/power mode. This should be your go-to mode if you are targetting a burst finish, as it gives the top a great deal of attacking abilities. If you remove the union sword base, the top becomes lighter, and this is what the manufacturers call the speed mode. This is better if you are aiming for a survivor finish.
It is one of the best Beyblade burst of all time. Although there are way more powerful Beys than this, we can put our finger to only two lacunas. First, the union Achilles does not come with a launcher. Second, it rotates only in the right direction. Which is different from most of the products listed above, which rotates both ways.
- Balance type Beyblade
- Rotates rightward
- Weight is 4.2 ounces
- Package includes- 1 energy layer, 1 union base, 1 forge disc, 1 driver, stickers and instruction manual
- Two modes of gameplay—Power mode and speed mode
- The union sword base is detachable.
- The package includes- 1 energy disc, 1 base, 1 forge disc, 1 driver, sticker and manual
- Doesn’t have a launcher
- Spins only rightways
All the lovers of Beyblade burst who do not like complicated assembling will certainly hail the Nightmare Longinus in their collection. This Bey consists of only two parts— the energy layer and the driver. Yes, this one does NOT have a forged disc!
It is a pretty wide Bey with four dragon head wings to maximize its attack. However, we think it to be the sixth-best Beyblade burst because it has compatibility issues. The driver and the energy layer aren’t compatible with other products of the burst range. Also, the launcher that comes with this package isn’t the best.
However, if you are looking for one of the best attack type Beyblade bursts, then you can’t walk past the Nightmare Longinus!
- Attack type Beyblade
- Left-ward spinning type
- Weighs 4.2 ounces
- The package includes- 1 energy layer, 1 driver, stickers and a launcher
- Uncomplicated to assemble
- Four dragonheads do ample damage
- Wide diameter maximizes the probability of contact with the other Beyblade burst top
- Parts are not compatible with other Beyblade tops
- The launcher is not up to the mark
The Cho-z Valkyrie is an upgrade on the fearsome Winning Valkyrie. It is an attack-type Beyblade burst that you can’t ignore if you want to be the victor in Beyblade burst battles. It is perhaps one of the most unburstable Beys you have ever seen.
This top has the Cho-z Valkyrie layer, the Zenith disc, and the evolution driver. If you launch this top real hard, then you rip open the ‘invincible mode.’ In this mode, the orange rubber wings pop out, and the Bey becomes super tough to burst.
- Attacker type Beyblade burst
- Left spinning Bey
- Weight of this Bey is 5 ounces
- The package includes- 1 energy layer, 1 forge disk, 1 driver, stickers, launcher and instructions
- Speedy and formidable Beyblade burst toy
- The energy layer is thick and durable
- Invincible mode launches the Cho-z wings
- Launching the invisible mode requires a lot of effort
- This super-fast rotating Beymight not be suitable for small Bey stadiums
With the Zet Achilles Beyblade burst top, you get the advantage of attack, defense, and stamina as this Bey falls under the balance type. If you are a first-time blader looking to purchase your first starter pack, this is a nice point to begin your journey. But you will have to be a minimum of 13 years old as per the age requirement given by the manufacturer.
The energy layer in red is kind of cool. This Bey does not come with a lot of stickers, which might upset some kids out there. You get the forged disc 11 and extend driver. As the name of the driver suggests, you can actually extend and collapse the height of it as per your battle requirements.
- The Beyblade is balance type
- It weighs 3.84 ounces
- Driver height is adjustable
- This Bey spins in the left direction
- The package includes- 1 energy layer, 1 forge disc, 1 driver, sticker, launcher and instructions
- The driver has an adjustable height
- High scope for customization
- Snazzy-looking, red energy layer
- Launcher is small
- Comes with few stickers
Deviating far from its name, the Bloody Longinus is white in color. Although it is a pretty sleek Beyblade burst design, somehow it does not look as formidable as the Regalia Genesis, the Imperial Dragon Ig, or most other Beys on this list.
It is an attack-type Beyblade burst with 13 forge disk and the Jl driver. It lacks special gimmicks. But on the positive side, this Bey has four dragon heads that can impart maximum damage to its opponent if you launch it right.
It is neither the best Beyblade burst, not the worst. But it is certainly one of the good ones that you will not regret buying.
- Bloody Longinus is an attack-type Bey
- Spins in the right direction
- Weighs 3.52 ounces
- The package includes- 1 energy layer, 1 forge disc, 1 driver, 1 sheet stickers, launcher and instructions
- Lightweight Beyblade has decent attacking power
- The four dragonhead wings give you an extra edge in battles
- Decent attacking capacity and good stamina level
- Does not look too formidable
- Lacks special gimmicks
Things to Consider While Buying the Best Beyblade Burst Toy:
If you are looking for the best Bey in 2020, then you have reached the right place. In this section, we will discuss the factors that you need to keep in mind while choosing a Bey toy. Let us have a look:
1. Understand your Beyblade Burst
The Beyblade burst includes three main parts; –
- The energy layer– this is the topmost disc of the Beyblade. It has wings that are used to attack other Beys.
- The Forge Disc– this is the middle part of a Beyblade burst top. It is this part that decides the effects and balance of a Beyblade. In a striker, the forged disc is distinctively lighter than that of a defender type Bey. So, we can say that this part decides the weight of a Beyblade burst significantly.
- The Driver/Performance Tip– This is the lowermost part of the Beyblade. The driver decides the movement pattern of a Beyblade burst and the height. These drivers work mostly without batteries. But a few of the latest ones such as the hybrid driver operates on batteries
2. Type of Beyblade Burst
You can select from four different Beyblade burst type:
- The Attack Type– This type of Beyblade burst tops spins around quickly and deals maximum damage to other Beys. These are generally lightweight with several points of contact. It also has a flat tip, which lets it maintain the maximum point of contact with the Bey-stadium.
- The Defend Type– It is also called the defender. These Bey tops do not swivel around as smoothly as the former type. The defender is heavier than the striker and can take a lot of hits.
- The Stamina Type– This type of Beyblade is also called the endurance type. If you want your top to spin for the maximum duration to achieve a victory, then this is your go-to option.
- The Balance Type– This is the ‘’jack of all trades, master of none’’ version of Beyblade. This Bey combines a bit of all the above three types. Hence, in matches, this one can either give you a terrific advantage or can lead you out of the stadium sooner than you realize.
3. Game Type
There are several games you can play with a Beyblade. If you are targetting to win as a survivor, then you should choose the defender or the stamina type Beyblade burst. If you want a ring-out victory in a particular game, then the attacker/striker Beyblade burst will work wonder in your favor. And if you aim to score two or more points by bursting open opponent’s top, then a Beyblade that is semi unburstable, preferably with an infinite locker system, is the best thing to settle for.
In most of these games, customizing your Beyblade burst is permissible. However, in the case of a Beyblade burst Tournament, you will have to use a top as it is.
Beyblades are of various types, and if you have made up your mind on which Beyblade burst toy is the best for you, then comment below to let us know your pick.
If you are wondering about which one is our favorite, then here are our top picks:
Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst B-149 This is the best Beyblade burst because it comes in a pack of three. This set also has the newly launched Lord Spriggan Bey and the super rare Octa driver. All this and so much more comes in this reasonably priced pack of three Beys. What more can you ask for?!
Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst GT B-153– This set comes in a pack of four. This pack contains two of the latest launches—the Prime apocalypse and the Regalia Genesis. These two latest Beyblades also feature the infinite lock system, which makes them nearly unburstable in battles.
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know your views by writing to us. For queries on any of the Beyblade burst toys we have listed above, simply comment below to let us know. We shall reply at the earliest.