The age between 7 months to 24 months is very crucial for a child’s growth as it is the period in which a child begins to learn many new things and adapts to new changes. It is also the time when his body gets accustomed to doing various kinds of physical activities. Unlike adult bikes or tricycles, balance bikes work as baby walkers. They do not have pedals. The baby will have to use his arms and legs to move here or there.
For children who are 1-year old, a balance bike is a good way to practice balancing their body weight and more. However, sometimes it’s not easy to decide which one to buy for your little one. In this article, we’ll look at the factors that should be considered before buying a balance bike.
Bike’s Material and Durability factor
The frame is one extremely important factor that decides the durability of your kid’s bike. By frame, we mean the material that is used in making the outer body of the bike.
- Steel: Steel is considered one of the best materials for the manufacturing of things like a balance bike. Steel is sturdy and durable and also long-lasting. So, if you want your kid to have the same bike for years, buy a balance bike that has a steel frame.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is again a good material when considered for balance bike making. Aluminum is way lighter than steel, and that is why people prefer aluminum. But, keep in mind that aluminum is costlier than steel.
- Plastic: Plastic though not the most widely used material for a balance bike, but considering you are looking for a balance bike for a 1-year-old, plastic is another nice option. Plastic frames are very attractive and sturdy.
Overall Bike Size
A kid that is one year old is not that big in size, that means you shouldn’t go with a large bike. Usually, the smallest bikes that are available for kids are 12 inches. So, you should also go with the one that is 12 inches high. Keep in mind; don’t go for a bike that is bigger or smaller than what is required.
Different sizes from what is required mean your child will save problems in handling. Children tend to get frustrated very easily with things they can’t handle. Moreover, you wouldn’t want your kid to get frustrated with his new bike and not ride it for the rest of his childhood. So, try choosing the best size possible.
We are here with the best balance bikes for 1-year-olds. And to help you all in your purchase decision, we have even provided the significant features and options of all these bikes. If you are still not able to find the perfect balance bike, you can go through this article until the end and check out the detailed Buying Guide for balance bikes with various important and useful factors
Enlisted are the 10 best and most durable balance bikes that you can opt for your kid:
Top Balance Bikes for 1 year Old
|Balance Bike||Assembly||Suitable for||Buy Now|
|Ancaixin Baby Balance Bike||Quick to assemble||6-24 months old kids||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|XJD Kids Tricycle||Easily assembled||1-3-year-old babies||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|XIAPIA Baby Balance Bike||Simple to assemble||10-24 months old kids||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|XJD Baby Balance Bikes||Set up is easy to install||10-24 months old kids||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Avenor Baby Balance Bike||Easily assembled||6-24 months old kids||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|YGJT Baby Balance Bikes||Minimal assembly required||10-24 months old kids||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Chillafish Bunzi Gradual Balance Bike||Minimal set up required||10-24 months old baby||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Allobebe Baby Balance Bike||Not pre-assembled||12-36 months child||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|XIAPIA Baby Toddler Tricycle Bike||Easy to set up||10-36 months old child||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|YGJT Baby Balance Bikes||Easily assembled||10-36 months old kid||CHECK ON AMAZON|
10 Best Balance Bikes for 1 year Old Reviews
This “no-pedal” balance bike is specifically designed for 6 to 24 months old infants. It is made to teach your kids the art of balancing. It comes with four wheels for additional stability to support your kid on the ride. Additionally, to ensure safety, it offers a low ground level seat. It can be one of the best gifts for your tiny tot.
Moreover, the ergonomic seat pad and carbon steel frame offer a safe and comfortable riding experience for a kid. This baby balance bike further enhances balance, coordination, and independence in babies from a very young age. Furthermore, it can manage up to 100 pounds of load.
- 135° steering limit that prevents a child from getting hurt by falling off the bike
- Wheels made up of EVA material are broad, durable, and noise-free
- Passed by CPSC
- Certified by EN71
- Weighs only 5 lbs
- This bike helps babies to gain confidence
- It can be assembled quickly without any requirement for tools
- It is BPA-free and made up of non-toxic material
- The seat of the bike is fixed and not adjustable
If you are looking for a 3 in 1 ride for your child, then this XJD 3 in 1 kid’s tricycle will be best for you. It gives 3 comfortable modes that include pedal mode, sliding mode, and cycling mode. What sets this bike apart from others is its bike as well as tricycle mode. Also, your kid may use it as a tricycle at a younger age.
Later, it can be used as a bike by folding its rear wheel. Moreover, the non-slippery EVA foam tires allow 3 modes- pedaling, sliding, and cycling. This tricycle has an adjustable soft PU leather seat, which ensures the comfort of a kid. Moreover, it can handle 110lbs of weight.
- It comes with an adjustable handlebar, which is non-slippery.
- This bike comes with detachable pedals, which is a great way to let your kid develop physical skills.
- Weighs around 6 lbs
- Certified by CE, EN71
- It is equipped with comfortable handles and seat
- This bike has a sturdy carbon steel frame
- Its handle provides soft grips and seat provides extra padding
- Very easy to be assembled
- No footrest and backrest, which makes it a little unsafe for kids
This bike that comes without pedals will make your baby fall in love with riding. It is a 100% safe toy, which is great to be used for gifting as well, and that witnesses the growth of your child. With no pedals and fully enclosed wheels, this bike is recommended for 10 to 24 months old baby.
Tested by U.S. Local lab, it will be a memorable gift for your little one, which can help them to learn to ride and walking. Moreover, it comes with a carbon steel frame, ergonomic comfort seat, anti-slip EVA handlebar, and safe EVA widened wheels.
- It is made of eco-friendly material
- The minimized danger with efficient design
- Tested and passed by CPSC
- Assured product quality of 3 years
- Weighs about 4.5 pounds
- 135° limit steering ensures safety and avoids accidental falls
- It develops balance, riding and cycling habits
- This bike is easy to set-up and comes with relevant instructions in a manual
- Choking hazard because of small parts
You will love this no-pedal product if you are searching for a balance bike that not only makes your kids exercise but also teach them how to ride a bike. This bike allows kids to use their feet on the ground and push the bike to move it. Also, this no-pedal design of the bike for toddlers has wide, anti-vibrating, and noise-free wheels.
Moreover, this is the best suited for 10-24 months kids who can walk or just learning to walk. It will help them to learn balance and coordination skills at an early age. With the provision of different shades, it has been tested by CPSC, ASTM F963-11and also certified by CE, EN71. Furthermore, this bike can comfortably allow a maximum load of 55 lbs.
- Sturdy carbon steel frame and PP handlebar offers a soft grip
- PP leather made saddle and banana seat provides comfort
- Fully enclosed four wheels are made up of EVA and PP leather
- Weighs only 3.96 lbs
- It comes with 135° steering limit safety handlebar
- The unique design helps to gain balance, ride, steering, and coordination.
- It is quite lightweight and very easy to ride for a kid
- Seat and handlebars are not adjustable; they are fixed and hence, no flexibility.
- Not recommended for kids older than 3 years
This balance bike, with 2 years of product warranty by Avenor, is specially made for young tots who are interested in learning how to ride and balance from an early age. It comes in a simple design that is quite easy to assemble. Also, you only need to fit the handlebars and tighten the seat, rest all the parts are pre-assembled.
Moreover, it comes in a lightweight frame (i.e., carbon steel frame) that can be moved easily by your child. It teaches toddlers to balance on two wheels to improve their walking skills. Furthermore, the sturdy carbon steel frame with a leather seat is a plus when it comes to kid’s comfort.
- The bike is fitted with EVA foam handlebar grips that help to balance
- It is quite lightweight despite being sturdy
- Wheels are wide, non-vibrating, and noise-free
- Weighs just 4.8 pounds
- CPC certified
- PU leather seat
- Incredibly easy to assemble as the process needs no tools
- Kid develops confidence and coordination at an early age
- Build quality can be better, especially the seats.
This will engage the activity of the muscles of your 10-24 months child’s limbs and help in strengthening them and facilitate the proper growth of the baby. The design of the baby balance bicycle is kept minimal. Moreover, it is designed and crafted with EVA material, keeping in check the comfort and convenience of the baby.
Overall, this is an ideal choice for anyone who is looking for something, which will assist in his child’s skill and strength development. Moreover, the seat has the perfect curvature, which offers maximum comfort to the baby when he is riding the bike.
- The steering of the baby balance bike has a limit of 135°, which keeps the baby safe.
- Passed by CPSC, ASTM, and CE
- Weighs only 4.85 pounds
- Wheels of the bike are resistant to wear and do not skid easily on slippery surfaces.
- Easy to ride
- Safe and comfortable for the baby
- Warranty of 3 years
- The seat is 20 cm above the floor, which might be a problem for some children
If your baby is still not ready for a two-wheeler, this three-wheeler is a perfect choice, which will help your child to carry his adventures out. Designed by Chillafish, keeping in mind the needs of a 10-24 months old baby, has designed this baby toy, which is a perfect amalgamation of design, functionality, and play value. This bike toy is made of ABS material of the top-notch quality, which is absolutely safe for kids.
It is easily portable, easy to store, and can be used both indoors and outdoors. There aren’t pedals, which indicates that the baby will have to use his limbs to move the bike toy backward and forward. Also, there is a small secret storage cabin under the seat so that your tiny tot can manage to sneak a small snack inside it. Moreover, the vibrant colors arrest the immediate attention of the babies.
- It is very lightweight, i.e., 2.2 pounds only
- The bike is suggested for kids of 1-3 years old
- CPSC passed
- Ensures child safety
- The wheels don’t skid easily, even on slippery surfaces, or do not make any noise.
- It is not suitable for healthy kids or kids who are heavier than 55 lbs.
A baby balance bike with a “50°steering limit” by Allobebe is suitable for kids between 12-36 months. It will help to improve the skills and make the baby more eager to stand up, walk, or run. You will find your baby getting active like never before! The baby balance bike is made of a material, which is harmless for babies.
Your toddler will absolutely love scooting around both indoors and outdoors on this bike. Also, the steering of the bike is designed to ensure the maximum safety of the child. The height of the seat is also adjustable, which makes it suitable to be used by children of different kinds of body build. Moreover, this body balance bike is sure to boost your child’s confidence, even when you aren’t around.
- The seat of the bike has the right kind of curvature, which offers great comfort to the baby
- Tested and certified by CPSIA & ASTM FM963-17
- Weighs only 3.85 lbs
- The steering has a limit which prevents the baby from falling
- It is available in attractive colors
- Seat height is allowed to be adjusted from 10.2” to 11”
- It is easy to install as the frame is already assembled
- The wheels are smooth and don’t make any noise
- The maximum weight this baby balance bike can carry is 55 lbs
Having to push forward and backward while sitting on a bike is the best way in which you can teach your child how to walk and maintain balance while moving. This baby body balance bike, designed by Xiapia, has no pedals. The baby has to use his feet to push himself forward. Also, this helps to enhance the leg strength of the baby. Not only this, but it also promotes a sense of security in the child and boosts his confidence.
Moreover, this baby balancing bike manufactured by XIAPIA is designed well so as to avoid clamping of the baby’s feet. The structure is made of carbon steel, which accounts for the robustness and durability of the product.
- The design of the baby balancing bike is such that it ensures the complete safety of the children.
- Its steering handle limited is 135°
- EVA material that is used in manufacturing the wheel and the handlebar is environment-friendly.
- ASTM and CPSC tested
- Weighs only 5 pounds
- No pedals
- The product is easy to assemble
- It is extremely durable and robust
- This product is not suitable for kids who are older than 3 years
The YGJT is a very sturdy balance bike for kids. This particular bike is designed for 1-year-old kids and is made up of a carbon steel frame. This improves the overall durability and safety aspect of the balance bike exponentially.
Once a child starts using this body balance bike, he starts acquiring confidence both indoors and outdoors. Moreover, the look of the bike is so attractive that your child (i.e., 10 to 36 months old) will have an increased urge to bike around. The steering of the bike maintains a safe limit of 135 degrees so as to keep the baby from falling
- EVA material, which this bike is made of, is harmless for your baby’s skin
- Composed of carbon steel frame
- The material of the wheels allows it to prevent any chances of skidding or making noise
- Bike’s seat is soft, wide, and comfortable
- Passed by CPSC and matches the safety standards set by ASTM and CE
- This bike comes with a guarantee of 3 years
- It helps to improve the baby’s agility, motor skills, and coordination
- This bike is very robust and durable
- It’s attractive appearance arrests the attention of the babies
- It can support a maximum weight of 25 kgs
5 Tips to Select and Buy the best Balance Bike for a 1-year-old
1. Turning limiter
This is more of a safety feature to have that you’ll find in balance bikes for small children. Turning limiter limits the handle of the bike to turn after a certain degree. This limit is set so that your child doesn’t accidentally take a sharp turn.
Moreover, the concept of speed limiters is a nice one, and they do what they are meant for. If in the future, you feel that your child no longer needs these, you can easily remove the speed limiters that are there.
2. The seat of the bike
Small children, especially 1 or 2-year-old, can’t sit very easily, and it’s even more difficult when it comes to sitting on a small surface. This should not be the case with the seat of your kid’s bike; it should be wide enough for him to sit comfortably. Children love spending a lot of time playing, and if your children love cycling, he’s going to spend hours on his bike.
You don’t want your kid to have any problem with the bike in terms of sitting, and that’s why the seat should be wide enough. Also, the material of the seat should not be too hard.
Usually, we look at the type of tire, but if your children are only a year old, then the number of tires is also an essential factor. When it comes to material, tires are of two types, one is of foam, and the other is of rubber.
- Rubber: Rubber tires are the best because of the features they tend to offer. Rubber tires provide the best grip because of the fraction that rubber offers. Also, rubber tires are durable when compared to the tires made out of foam.
- Foam: You’ll get various balance bikes for children that have foam tires. Foam tires are not good when compared to rubber tires, both in terms of grip and durability they provide. They are best for children who’ll not their cycle out on rough terrain.
- The number of tires: This is an important thing to decide as you can’t expect a child that is one year old to know how to balance a two-wheeler. Balancing is something that people find difficult to learn, and that why a tree wheeler bike is best for your one-year-old kid. You can upgrade to a two-wheeler later on.
4. Leg space and footrest
Kids should be comfortable with what they are going to play with, and this stands true even for the balance bike. Your child should have enough leg space so that he doesn’t face any problem. Also, the footrests should be wide enough to place the feet comfortably.
The market is flooded with options; you’ll get to see thousands of options once you go to buy a balance bike. The price of a good quality balance bike for a one-year-old kid ranges from 30$ to 60$. You can even spend even more if you want to; there is no specific upper limit for this. But remember, decide the budget before you go out to buy the bike itself.
Whenever you look for extremely important aspects when it comes to buying a balance bike, the overall durability, size, weight of the bike plays a crucial role. Although there are many other deciding factors, as mentioned above, these 3 remain on the top of your checklist. Moreover, things like footrests and turning limiters are something that is important, but most people don’t know about it. So, if you want your one-year-old kid to play happily with the balance bike you buy for him, keep in mind these tips.
Still, confused? Well, we have 2 best recommendations that suit the majority of kids of this age. One of them is the Ancaixin Baby Balance Bike for its durable, quick assembly, and non-toxic material and perfect seat height. The other one is the XJD Kids Tricycle, which is great for its non-slippery EVA foam tires and comfort level of seating for a kid.
Do you still have queries in mind? Well, let us know via commenting below!