Legos are one of the best educational toys that are preferred by parents, teachers, and kids all over the world. But there is no denying the fact that some of the high-end Lego sets can dig a hole in your pocket.
Even though Lego sets are a tad costly, but there is hardly any toy that can develop your child in the multifarious (physical, mental, and emotional) as a Legos. The quality, variety, and design of Lego is par excellence, which is why purchasing a Lego set for your child of gifting one to your niece is a terrific idea.
If you want the best Lego set that comes within a budgeted price of 50 bucks, then read on as we have comprised a list of the ten best Lego sets under 50 dollars.
However, always look for the following two factors before purchasing a Lego toy for your child:
Authenticity: While searching for budget Lego set, you can often be misled by cheap knock off brands. These brands make cheap products with insufficient variety to give your child the best building and learning experience. Also, these are as strong and stable as Lego bricks. Hence, before purchasing a Lego set, always check for its authenticity so that your child gets the best Lego building experience.
Number of Pieces: The size of a Lego set can range from just over a hundred bricks to thousands of Legos. The number of pieces included in a Lego set decides the number of children who can play with it at the same time. Also, in some cases, a child simply likes their set to be of a certain size. Choose a box that you think your child would love the most.
If you are all set, then let us have a look at ten of the best Lego sets under 50 bucks in the USA. However, if you are yet to make up your mind, then take a look at our Buying Guide. We believe it will help you in the process.
Top Lego Sets Under 50 Dollars
|Lego Sets Under 50$||Pieces||Min. Recommended Age||Number of Minifigures||Weight(lbs)||Buy Now|
|LEGO Classic Medium Creative Brick Box||484||4 years||None||2.27||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO Classic Large Creative Brick Box||790||4 years||None||3.84||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO Marvel Avengers Iron Man Hall of Armor||524||7 years||5||1||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO Star Wars AT-ST Raider||540||8 years||4||1.57||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO Harry Potter Knight Bus||403||8 years||3||1.37||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO City Heavy Cargo Transport||310||5 years||2||1.30||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO City Pickup Caravan||344||5 years||3||1.23||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO Speed Champions Porsche||180||7 years||1||3.52||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO Architecture London Skyline Collection||468||12 years||None||1.15||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|LEGO City Space Mars Research Shuttle||273||5 years||2||1.25||CHECK ON AMAZON|
10 Best Lego Sets Under 50 Dollars
This Lego set has been made by keeping players of all ages in mind. It is the best Lego set under 50 dollars and contains 484 pieces. It is a medium-sized Lego kit that offers endless opportunities to young as well as adult builders. The plastic container makes storage hassle-free and ensures that you do not end up losing pieces.
The Lego toy contains eighteen tires and three sets of eyes for constructing creative designs. It also has specially designed blocks with which you can design tigers, vehicles, or flowers.
The set lets your kids be creative and try his hands on making several cool designs. Overall, it is the best Lego toy under 50 bucks for its variety, versatility, and cost-effectiveness.
- Set contains 484 Lego pieces
- Lego bricks come in 35 different colors
- Minimum recommended age is 4 years and above
- Comes in a plastic storage box
- Easy storage
- Suitable for small kids
- Offers variety
- A plethora of vivid colored Lego bricks
- Special bricks, wheels, and eyes to create cool designs
- Fewer large-size rectangular bricks
Let your little child explore endless building possibilities with this large box of Lego bricks. The set is varied and includes eight types of doors and windows, six tires, and three sets of eyes.
With this Lego kit in your child’s hand, his creativity will know no bounds. With the help of the colorful Lego blocks, your kid can choose to create various types of houses, castles, vehicles, animals, and many more.
It is the second-best Lego set under 50 bucks, in our opinion. The kit contains 790 pieces of Lego blocks that your child can play with all by himself or herself. Or you can initiate a step towards your kid’s social development by calling a few of their friends over for sharing the joy of building and construction with Lego bricks.
- Lego set contains 790 bricks
- Large Lego set comes in a yellow plastic container
- The weight of this Lego set is 3.84 lbs.
- Set includes 8 types of doors and windows, 3 set of eyes, and 2 base plates,
- Minimum age is 4 years and above
- Encourages creativity
- 33 different shades of bricks
- Kids can make houses, castles, animals, etc
- Variety of bricks widens the scope for imaginative construction
- Cost-effective Lego kit is priced under 50 bucks
- Multiple children can engage in play at a time
- Too many varieties of Lego bricks might confuse children
Did your child cry bucket when Iron Man bids his final goodbye in Avengers Endgame? If so, this Hall of Armor superhero set will surely bring your kid some joy. It is perhaps the best Lego set under 50 bucks for your child.
Your kid can assemble all the 524 pieces to create Iron Man’s Armor creating station. The set contains a rotating podium with two modules and five Iron Man minifigures consisting of various Iron Man’s suits. There is also an Iron Man’s face and hair in the set that your kid can attach to the battle suit he likes the most.
- The Lego set includes 524 pieces
- Includes 5 minifigs
- Rotating armor-making podium
- Size of this toy is 5 x 13 x 8 inches
- The weight of the Lego toy is about 1 lb.
- Suitable for kids above 7 years
- An impressive collection of Iron Man suits and minifigures
- Marvel-themed Lego toy gives children some screen off time
- Well laid design
- Easy to assemble
- No major cons
The AT-ST Raider 75254 is a terrific-looking piece of hardware from The Mandalorian. This set is based on Star Wars is one of the best budgeted Lego sets under 50 bucks. You will be pleasantly surprised by its details and accuracy in looks, which matches the AT-ST Raider in the TV series.
The 540 pieces Lego kit that includes four minifigure— Cara Dune, The Mandalorian, and 2 Klatooinian Raiders. Furthermore, it comes with three rifles and a blaster for extra fun.
Once you build it, the height of this Lego toy is about ten inches. We liked all the things about it, barring two. First, the legs of the raider lack movement, which reduces its playability quotient. Second, there are too many stickers that take away the authentic feeling.
- Set contains 540 pieces
- It weighs about 1.57 lbs.
- Size of the Raider once built is
- Package included 4 minifigs, 3 rifles, and 1 blaster
- Suitable for kids above 8 years
- Makes a cool birthday present for a Star Wars fan
- Hassle-free assembling
- Looks straight out of the sci-fi movie
- Limited leg movement
- Has too many stickers
Wasn’t the Knight Bus in the Prisoner of Azkaban movie a fantastic addition? If you loved it, then here is your chance to recreate the same all by yourself. However, you can also share the joy with your friends and let them give you a hand in bringing to life the Harry Potter Magic.
The Harry Potter-themed toy is the fifth-best Lego set under 50 bucks as it is simple, easy, and looks exactly like the one in the movie. It has 403 pieces and comes with three minifigures— Harry, Ernie Prang and, Stan Shunpike.
Lego has designed this set with details. You will find Harry’s baggage packed inside the bus. There is also a swinging chandelier for the best Lego building experience.
- Lego set contains 403 pieces
- Suitable for 8 years and up
- Includes three minifigures
- The weight of this Lego set is 1.37 lbs.
- The door of the bus flips open
- You can also remove the top for maximum access
- Harry Potter details for an authentic feeling
- Gives the kids some scope for creative building
- Elder kids might find it too simple
Kids’ love for vehicle toys is known to the world. If your child shares a similar liking for cars, trucks, and vans, then you can surely think of finalizing this Lego set of Heavy Cargo Transport bricks.
It has 310 pieces and is pretty reasonably priced. Kids can make a toy truck with a flatbed trailer with these bricks. It also comes with the amenities to build a helicopter that has fun rotating blades. The truck features an openable cabin, and you can as well flip open the cockpit of the helicopter.
So, if you are searching for the best Lego set under 50 dollars for kids who are five years or older and love vehicle toys, then settling for this particular one is the way to go.
- The Lego set contains 310 pieces
- Weight is 3 lbs.
- Suitable for all kids who are five years or older
- It has bricks to construct a truck, a trailer, and a helicopter
- The set contains two minifigs— a truck driver and a pilot
- fewer pieces are easy for small children to handle
- Reasonably priced
- Construction brick can build 2 vehicles
- The blades of the helicopter rotate
- Creative play
- Openable doors of cockpit and truck cabin
- The blades of the helicopter do not feel secure. It might fall off mid-play.
It is yet another awesome Lego toy that allows kids to build super fun vehicles. With this set, your little one can construct a red pickup truck that looks super cool when you move it around. You can also create a caravan trailer and place your favorite Lego family minifigures— mom, dad, and son inside it.
The trailer has a detachable roof. Hence, you can remove the roof every time you want to re-position the figures and other accessories inside the family trailer.
The set contains toys like a fishing net, a fish, a crab, and a camera. It is one of the best Legos sets under 50 bucks because it comes with several other accessories apart from the basic bricks and minifigures, which accentuates the playability quotient.
- The set contains 344 pieces
- Construction ricks for trailer and pickup van
- Includes 3 minifigures— Mom, Dad, and Son
- Other accessories include a fishing net, a camera, a crab and a fish toy
- The pickup truck is 2 x 5 x 2 inches
- Size of the Trailer is 2 x 7 x 3 inches
- Suitable for children above 5 years
- Simple, easy and offers a variety
- Playability quotient is high
- Minifigs and accessories attract kids more
- The trailer has a removable roof
- Inclusion of a daughter minifigure would have been better
Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 can beat the speed and talk to the wind. It is one of the most iconic sports cars from the phenomenal brand. If your kid shows interest in sports cars, then he can build his own Porsche 911 with this Lego set.
It is an easy-to-build set with only 180 pieces of Lego bricks. The addition of a Porsche sports-driver minifigure makes it more fun for children.
The Lego car has enough detailing to add an authentic touch to its looks. The additional inclusion of the whale tail rear, sports for the minifigure, and 3 cones make it one of the best Legos sets under 50 dollars.
- The Lego set includes 180 pieces
- It comes with 1 minifigure of Porsche racing driver
- Weighs about 3.52 lbs.
- Suitable for children above 7 years
- Parts are compatible with all other Lego sets
- Classic Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 model
- Simple and fun building
- Makes a superb birthday gift
- Includes minifigure, helmet, and street cones
- Just 180 pieces will not engage the child for long
The Lego architecture toy line has been one of the favorites of parents and children alike. The London skyline and consists of five mini replicas of heritage architecture in Britain— the Big Ben, London Eye, Nelson’s Column, Tower Bridge, and the National Gallery. It consists of 468 Lego pieces, and its dimensions are 11 x 3 x 5 inches (after building).
This Lego set is designed for display. Once you are done constructing it, you will have an elegant little showpiece that you can place anywhere to increase the place’s appeal. It is a must-have if London is your favorite place, or is in your travel bucket list.
- Lego set includes 468 bricks
- The weight is 1.15 pounds
- Suitable for children who are 12 years and above
- London Skyline includes— Big Ben, London Eye, Nelson’s Column, Tower Bridge, and the National Gallery
- Size of the Lego design would be 11 x 3 x 5 inches (after building)
- Elegant looking
- Perfect gift for children and adult Lego enthusiasts
- The size is a bit small
The space shuttle offers a plethora of possibilities for imaginative play. It is a set of 273 Lego pieces that combinedly builds into a spectacular toy Mars shuttle. You also get an exciting a Mars rover toy to give flight to your child’s fantasies. The rover has articulated arms to retrieve space treasures.
It is one of the best Legos sets under 50 bucks because it offers an array of accessories and gimmicks. This set includes two cool space shuttle minifigures, tilting solar panels, and spinning motors. The door of this space shuttles opens to accommodate the mini astronaut figures that come along.
The original price of this product is a few bucks above 50 dollars. But do check it out online on sites like Amazon, they often put it on discount.
- The Lego set has 273 pieces
- Recommended minimum age is 5 years
- There are 2 astronaut minifigures in the set
- You can build a Mars shuttle and a Mars rover with this Lego game set
- Includes a booklet of several Mars adventures with real-life pictures
- Tilting solar panel and articulated rover arm makes it more playable
- Easy to put together
- Encourages imaginative play in kids
- Two different looking astronauts minifigures
- STEM development
- Betters kids motor skills
- Slightly more expensive
- Might be too simple for older kids
Things To Consider Before Purchasing a Lego Set:
Our children mean the world to us. And handing them toys that are safe, secure, and suitable for them is one of our many duties towards them.
Hence, before making your final decision on which Lego toy is the best for your child, you need to make a few essential considerations.
1. Age Factor:
Lego is one of the leading toy brands in the global market. It is quite obvious that Lego will have toys for all ages. The recommended age for each toy is always printed on the box. Consult it always. This factor decides how complex or simple is the Lego set to assemble. Choose a set that is appropriate for your child’s age.
2. Creative Vs. Structural Lego Sets
Some Lego brick set allows your child to be more creative, while others require following a certain pattern.
For instance, the Creative Brick Box 10698, will allow your child to be more imaginative with the building and construction than London Skyline Collection 21034 would. The former is a more creative set that is suitable for all ages above four years. The latter is a structural Lego set that is preferable for children above twelve years.
If it is your first purchase of Lego for your child, then we suggest you get a set that offers more creative freedom. However, if your child has many such kits already, choosing a Lego set on the theme of your child’s liking is the best.
3. Displayable Vs. Playable
Would you want a Lego set that you can put in the showcase after your child is done assembling? Or would you rather go for a set that your child can continue to play with?
Both varieties are great. The former will teach your child the value of preserving, and the latter would give your little kid immense joy and fun while continuing to develop the STEM and motor skills.
The best Lego sets always have some accessories that make playing with it more fun. The most common accessories are minifigures, tires, set of eyes, special bricks, etc. Do look for these additional accessories while purchasing a toy for your child.
The price of a Lego set is perhaps one of the most important factors of consideration. Although we have already made a list of the ten best Lego sets under 50 bucks, still, there are price variations. Do check the price of each product before making up your mind.
We tried listing the best Lego sets that come within budget after considering several factors. If you are still not decided, then here are a few of our suggestions:
We would recommend the LEGO Classic Medium Creative Brick Box to all the kids and adults who love Lego. It is an incredibly versatile set that encourages creativity. However, if you think you want more number of bricks, you can as well purchase the LEGO Classic Large Creative Brick Box .
We hope you will choose a Lego set that is best for your kid. If you have any questions regarding any of the Lego sets we reviewed, then please comment below. We shall answer your query at the soonest.